Here's what I wrote the hack writer

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you summed things up very well. When I read the original article, I was ticked. I am so sick of a-holes in the media that pen articles without doing any research. It's no wonder that so many newspapers are going out of business. People are tired of reading bull$#it from idiots that are too lazy to put in work.

I can promise you that's not it.

My second post:

I return a second time, mainly because I fail to understand your desire to slam a city like Buffalo. It is no secret that cities like Buffalo face colossal challenges. At the same time so does Providence. Do you not realize that the negative slam of one contributes to the slam of the other? Tell me how the two cities are that far apart when compared to (for example the place where I currently live) Dallas? Dallas has a better economy and the perception of a better life. The reality is that Dallas is a sprawl of a city. Neighbors here may not even know one another, much less care about one another. Yes the city of Dallas (like Boston) has a premier NFL franchise but if you are the average father, on the average income how easy is it to take you two children to a pro NFL game? In Buffalo many “average” parents do this.

Doing so plants the seeds of community. Not to mention the “fandom” associated with the Bills cuts across racial and social economic lines.

Cling to your shallow writings. As a representative of the Bills Nation I hope T.O. has career days against the Pats in 2009. May your next article contain more facts and less incorrect information.

This Fort Worthless dillhole wrote an article that will appear on the site below on Wednesday...read it and fill her depends, err inbox with mail.

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/column...ngel/index.html

Why?? That was actually humorous. It was geared more towards T.O. than it was Buffalo, so I don't see the problem...

When is the last time you were in Providence? It is a happening city that has been much improved the past 15 years

About 5 years ago. It was actually the weekend before that Great White concert that killed all those people.

The article is fine. She's a pretty darn good writer and she's not afraid to speak her mind.

It should also be noted that her column is called "Little Web of Hate", so that tells you where she comes from. I can appreciate that.

The article from the Providence Journal on the front page was a hatchet job, here's what I e-mailed the author.

The hatchet job you did in your column about Terrell Owens going to Buffalo cannot go without me providing you some feedback. I'm a Bills fan, living in Albany, N.Y. who cannot believe your lack of professionalism or ethics. Lets examine your indiscretions.

Quote 1) "Still, it seems T.O.never gets the ball thrown to him often enough, as he often points out. It's always all about T.O. Considering that he complained about talented quarterbacks Donovan McNabb in Philadelphia and Tony Romo in Dallas, how long will it be before he becomes frustrated with the likes of Trent Edwards and J.P. Losman in Buffalo?"

J.P. Losman is no longer on the Bills, he has been replaced by Ryan Fitzpatrick. A professional would check his facts and know who was on a team before he wrote about that team. The fact that you didn't shows your lack of professionalism.

Quote 2) Joy is not exactly flowing in the streets of Buffalo over T.O.'s arrival. As Jerry Sullivan, the Rogers High of Newport grad who’s a columnist for the Buffalo News, wrote last week of Owens' signing: "This is a desperate move, a sure sign that (coach Dick) Jauron, the embattled head coach, needs to win this year and will do anything necessary to get there."

Why did you take this out of context to fit your agenda that implied Mr Sullivan was not happy with the move. You knew very well that the paragraph indicated Jerry Sullivan loved the move, hardly equal to your "Joy is not exactly flowing..." statement. Just to refresh your memory here's what the part of his column you convieniently edited to fit your agenda, you even started the statement in mid-sentence.

"You know what, though? I love it. Once I recovered from the initial shock, I realized it was the most interesting thing to happen to the Bills since they acquired Drew Bledsoe in 2002. All right, so that didn't turn out so well in the long run. And yes, this is a desperate move, a sure sign that Jauron, the embattled head coach, needs to win this year and will do anything necessary to get there.

But what the heck. At least they're willing to try something bold and daring. "

The readers of your paper deserve better.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

What is "Hooterville" anyway?

Don't know what Hooterville is?????

Youngsters, stop playing video games and watch some TV- TV Land- Green Acres. Lisa Douglas, Arnold the Pig, Mr. Haney, Does any of it ring a bell?

Here ya go youngins

:lol:

This Fort Worthless dillhole wrote an article that will appear on the site below on Wednesday...read it and fill her depends, err inbox with mail.

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/column...ngel/index.html

Apart from the one swipe at Buffalo the article is pretty funny, IMO.

It should also be noted that her column is called "Little Web of Hate", so that tells you where she comes from. I can appreciate that.

Her moniker here (given by Randy Galloway an old time sports writer and ESPN radio guy) is Little Ball of Hate. She's pretty funny when she gets on a rant.

If you want to read some of her 'best' stuff go into the way back machine and dig up some articles from when the cboys signed Bledsoe. She was so sure he was going to take that team all the way!

Why even bother? the guy is a typical New England a$$hat who doesn't seem to recall that prior to Belichick's arrival, the Pat*s were the NFL's Hooterville with little or no accomplishments to speak of other than 2 SB appearances. And let's not forget the Red Sox . . . Prior to their two recent World Series Championships, they were the MLB version of Hooterville, second only to the Cubs in futility and impotence.

Funny how Schilling is a hero for coming back from his injury, but TO was only in it for himself . . . How the hell does anyone's head in New England fit through a f'in door?

Don't know what Hooterville is?????

Youngsters, stop playing video games and watch some TV- TV Land- Green Acres. Lisa Douglas, Arnold the Pig, Mr. Haney, Does any of it ring a bell?

I thought Hooterville was from "Petticoat Junction", and according to IMBD, it is from that show:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0056780/

It might have been a spin-off of "Green Acres", though, so maybe we're both right. Remember the opening to "Petticoat Junction"? That was when the daughters were bathing in the water tower, and they hung their clothes over the side. Pretty risque stuff for a 60's TV show.