SB XXV Giants/Bills, Wide Right

Just aired. Wide Right considered the best SB all-time by NFLN Total Access.

Dammit. :lol:

There have been some very good Super Bowls in this millenium, but from a football point of view, I still say Super Bowl XXV was the best that I have seen (about 35 for me). It sucks that the Bills lost, but that game was a chess match from opening to the final seconds. It was two very good football teams, both doing what they do best, and someone had to lose. In the end, defense and coaching won out (as usual), over flash and dash, but both teams played error free football. No game turning turnovers. There was a safety (-2 for the Giants) and a missed filed goal (-3 for the Bills...hmm a diferrence of 1!) The high scoring Bills scored a point a minute, they just needes the ball another two minutes. To their credit, the Giants played a near perfect game to beat the Bills. It took everything they had to do it, along with a little fotune. To this day, the only one of our Super Bowl losses I can stomach to rewatch. So many moments where you say "if only..." (if only Lofton could have gotten that amazing tipped pass reception into the end zone, if only McKellar had the prescence of mind, to drop that little short pass, to stop the clock, instead of a no gainer, if only Jimbo had let Thurman carry the ball a few more times.... etc etc) A great game indeed! :P

Honestly, I think that the last two were just as exciting, and I'm not a fan of any of the teams that played.

There have been some great Super Bowls recently (most in the last 10 years have been very good except the Ravens and Bucs wins), but none was as well played as SB XXV, from start to finish.

I'm ashamed to say this now, but I was 9 years old at the time and when they lined up the kick, I turned off the TV. I couldn't watch. I turned it back on after the kick and cried so bad I nearly didn't go to school the next day.

I'm ashamed to say this now, but I was 9 years old at the time and when they lined up the kick, I turned off the TV. I couldn't watch. I turned it back on after the kick and cried so bad I nearly didn't go to school the next day.

I remember a regular season game, against the Dophins, that the Bills won in overtime, on a field goal. I want to say it was Dan Marino's first start in the NFL. That day, in a high scoring game, Joe Ferguson became the first Bills QB to pass for over 400 yards (435 IIRC!). When the field goal kicker for the Bills was lining up for the winning kick, Ferguson (who was on the losing end of many losses to the Dolphins in his time) turned around, and looked up into the Miami crowd. He couldn't stand to see the field goal miss....luckily, it sailed through the uprights, and the Bills won...my memory is a little hazy (getting old sucks!), I will have to drag out the VHS of that game... or I can wait for someone to correct me.... but, anyways, my point was, you aren't the only one who can't stand to look sometimes.... :P

I remember a regular season game, against the Dophins, that the Bills won in overtime, on a field goal. I want to say it was Dan Marino's first start in the NFL. That day, in a high scoring game, Joe Ferguson became the first Bills QB to pass for over 400 yards (435 IIRC!). When the field goal kicker for the Bills was lining up for the winning kick, Ferguson (who was on the losing end of many losses to the Dolphins in his time) turned around, and looked up into the Miami crowd. He couldn't stand to see the field goal miss....luckily, it sailed through the uprights, and the Bills won...my memory is a little hazy (getting old sucks!), I will have to drag out the VHS of that game... or I can wait for someone to correct me.... but, anyways, my point was, you aren't the only one who can't stand to look sometimes.... :thumbsup:

Your memory is fine! From his first game vs. Bills to his last, Marino didn't make the HOF by his career against Buffalo.

SBXXV is my choice for best ever as well, for everything you mentioned. A classic Tortoise VS Hare game. Very few penalties, no T.O.'s (fumbles/picks) and GREAT plays throughout.

This year it ends, it T.O. Time. The popcorn is cooking.

Yep. That's all the '08 Bills were missing to get deep into the playoffs: Terrell Owens. When he's not catching TDs for us, he'll be wreaking havoc on QBs w/ his devastating pass rush, or crushing RBs who dare come out into the flat to catch a pass. I guess he'll use his well known QB psychology skills to get the Bills' signal caller to look down the field once again. Maybe he'll even pick up the blitz, so that a guy like Adrian Wilson won't clean the clock of our QB and further slow his development.

Uh huh; one man to do the job. That's all that was needed.

I was about 7 or 8 and it was tough. I still think it was the best superbowl of all time and also the national anthem sung at the super bowl by Whitney Houston was awesome too.