what exactly does chuck pollock think TO is going to do?

jester43

from reading that article you'd think he was going to run around buttfugging guys in the shower. can everyone please just grow a pair and let the team deal with him if need be? the worst thing i can think of that will comw out of this is that someone (owens jauron, edwards, brandon) is going to prove it's time they were run out of town. so what!? NEWS FLASH: WE ALREADY SUCK! i'm supposed to worry about locker room chemistry on this team of perennial nice-guy losers? give me a break.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No kidding. What's the worst that can happen? I guess they could miss the playoffs, Dick Jauron could get fired, and they clean house with the roster. You know, pretty much what everyone expected to happen this year before T.O. signed.

At least now there's a little hope for this team.

That may well be the most superficially prejudiced article I've ever read in the 50 years of the Buffalo Bills. Yes, Owens is an ego-maniac. An ego-maniac that could deliver the Bills to the promised land. Disrupt the locker room? If there ever was a locker room would should be stirred up, it's the Bills'. Coaching staff, too. Pollock's analysis is so narrow-minded, it's breathtaking.

Yeah, none of these crazed critics can seem to take a break from foaming at the mouth and actually spell out what they think the downside is. "Disrupt the locker room" and "clubhouse cancer" don't actually mean anything. What track did they think the Bills were on? 7-9 again? That's too precious to risk messing with? Personally, I think the Bills were on about a 4-12 track, so I see absolutely zero downside. It's a sign that Ralph was not lying when he said the team wouldn't be complacent. Worst case, TO explodes during training camp, gets cut before the season opener, the team has an abysmal record, and Jauron gets fired. But even then, they've probably gotten enough season ticket renewals to make up the guaranteed money in TO's contract. And unless the Bills make the playoffs or at least come really close*, Jauron probably gets fired anyway.

*And no, being mathematically in the hunt with 2 weeks remaining is not close to making the playoffs. Losing a tiebreaker is close to making the playoffs.

...sell newspapers in Olean?

If only ... although to be honest, his continued presence may be the only thing keeping that entire company afloat.

I had Chuck Pollock and Qadry Ismail of ESPN on Bills Fan Radio tonight, Chuck wrote a very anti-T.O. article today and I figured he'd be good to have on and vent. And he did.

I can just imagine. :blink:

For the record, here are some of Chuck's previous takes on Owens:

Feb. 7, 2005:Owens was right, but Reid wasn’t

Some random observations on Super Bowl XXXIX while awaiting word whether the Jacksonville Missing Persons Bureau has found Freddie Mitchell:

LET’S GET this out of the way first.

It’s still my opinion that Terrell Owens, based on his surgeon’s position and that of other doctors familiar with his case, shouldn’t have played in the game.

That being said, he was right ... at least about being able to contribute.

He not only didn’t hurt the Eagles, his nine catches for 122 yards also gave Philadelphia a lot better chance to win than it had a right to expect.

EAGLES’ fans will long lament Sunday’s loss ... close defeats are easy to rationalize into victories.

But this one is squarely on Donovan McNabb and Andy Reid.

Nov. 7, 2005: POLLOCK: Reid also to blame for Eagles’ troubles

From the day Philadelphia acquired Terrell Owens, I’ve been adamant to my Eagles’ fans friends that no matter how much he contributed to the offense, sooner, rather than later, he’d break their hearts.

So, first there was his demand for a contract negotiation after fulfilling one season of a seven-year deal. Then came the bitter on-again, off-again dispute with quarterback Donovan McNabb. Finally, there were his gripes about the “no class” front office and its failure to honor his 100th career touchdown and his lockerroom confrontation with teammate Hugh Douglas.

Was all that, and the turmoil in which Owens left the team, worth one losing Super Bowl?

PREDICTABLY, and on merit, Owens has been filleted by the media from coast-to-coast.

But there’s one individual involved in this scenario who’s even dumber than T.O.

How about Andy Reid?

Broadcast types slobber all over the Eagles’ coach and never take him to task over the Owens mess. But it was his call to bring T.O. to Philadelphia.

Reid knew the wayward wide receiver’s pedigree — this just in, Owens is a selfish jerk and lockerroom cancer — yet still acquired him ... apparently feeling he could control the former 49er.

Trouble is, Philly had already made three straight NFC Championship Games without Owens, and won last year’s with T.O. sidelined.

This whole fiasco was ultimately a case of Reid’s ego clouding his common sense.

March 25, 2006: POLLOCK: Thoughts on Bills, Bonds, Huggins etc.

The interesting thing about big-ego NFL coaches is that they feel any player can be handled.

Andy Reid told the Eagles’ front office that when it acquired Terrell Owens from San Francisco.

As it turned out, T.O. ate up Reid and spit out the bones, fracturing a good team in the process.

Now it’s Dallas’ Bill Parcells, another big-ego, tough-reputation coach, who thinks he can get Owens under control.

Good luck Bill, check with me when the Cowboys start struggling.

And, oh yeah, Drew Bledsoe, come next season you’ll realize you had a picnic in Buffalo.

That may well be the most superficially prejudiced article I've ever read in the 50 years of the Buffalo Bills. Yes, Owens is an ego-maniac. An ego-maniac that could deliver the Bills to the promised land. Disrupt the locker room? If there ever was a locker room would should be stirred up, it's the Bills'. Coaching staff, too. Pollock's analysis is so narrow-minded, it's breathtaking.

I couldn't agree more. Well stated. It almost sounded to me like part of his reaction was due to the embarrassment of stating on a New York City radio station that the chance of Owens landing in Buffalo was nil, only to have it blow up in his face.

Whatever the reason, it was the worst article I've seen him write. By far.

WE ALREADY SUCK!

Bingo! And ya know what? We still suck. Bringing in TO was just a ploy to bring in a fresh batch of koolaid drinkers... the 12-35 year old crowd. They think this is a clear signal that the Bills are about winning. Those over that age have already experienced years of taking it up the hershey highway and have had enough. They see they Bills for what they really are... about selling tix and making coin.

Bingo! And ya know what? We still suck. Bringing in TO was just a ploy to bring in a fresh batch of koolaid drinkers... the 12-35 year old crowd. They think this is a clear signal that the Bills are about winning. Those over that age have already experienced years of taking it up the hershey highway and have had enough. They see they Bills for what they really are... about selling tix and making coin.

So I guess you believe that Owens won't be productive for the Bills? I love the negative people. If the Bills don't make many moves, they suck. If the Bills make moves, they suck. No matter what the Bills do for these people they will always suck. Go NOT cheer for some other team.

Once again Touchdowns sell tickets, and no wr in the past 3 years has more td's then TO.

Josh Reed past 3 years: 3 touchdowns

TO past 3 years: 38 tds

To say anything other then this guy is a massive upgrade to our wr core is just ignorant. There's no precious chemistry to destroy. There's no body of work for a cancer to spread. It's a team that has no identity, that needed a shakeup. There is no worst case scenario. If a team of 52 other players, with a franchise who hasn't played a game that matters in over 9 years, have such fragile psyches that a 35 year old WR can destroy their nice guy mediocrity that they have going for them. Well then that's not a football team, that was gonna win sh--, with or without adding playmakers to the offense.

I don't think anyone is saying TO is NOT productive. Even Chuck Pollock said on Bills Fan Radio last night that TO is one of the standout receivers in the league. But if you have any common sense at all, you have to air some caution and be weary that even though he can make some astounding plays, he also has a history of publicly calling Jeff Garcia gay, publicly saying Brett Favre could do better than McNabb, and publicly saying that Romo was going behind his back and drawing up plays with his Tight End. Which is essentially throwing 3 quarterbacks under the bus. He also demanded out of San Francisco and demanded out of Philly. This guy also stirred a media circus trying to get out of Philly and did situps while fielding questions without a shirt at his house?!

No one's questioning his work ethic or play-making ability, that'd be foolish, but you have to be cautious because certain things always seem to happen eventually anywhere he has played.

Hope this helps!

I don't think anyone is saying TO is NOT productive. Even Chuck Pollock said on Bills Fan Radio last night that TO is one of the standout receivers in the league. But if you have any common sense at all, you have to air some caution and be weary that even though he can make some astounding plays, he also has a history of publicly calling Jeff Garcia gay, publicly saying Brett Favre could do better than McNabb, and publicly saying that Romo was going behind his back and drawing up plays with his Tight End. Which is essentially throwing 3 quarterbacks under the bus. He also demanded out of San Francisco and demanded out of Philly. This guy also stirred a media circus trying to get out of Philly and did situps while fielding questions without a shirt at his house?!

No one's questioning his work ethic or play-making ability, that'd be foolish, but you have to be cautious because certain things always seem to happen eventually anywhere he has played.

Hope this helps!

I dont discredit any of that. I look at it simply like this. What's the worst that can happen? We don't make the postseason again? We have to get a new coach/system/players again? Honestly if all that can happen is we have to blow it up and start from scratch there's no harm done. Like I said if 1 WR can alienate 52 other people, that's not a team that was ever going to win anything anyway.

from reading that article you'd think he was going to run around buttfugging guys in the shower. can everyone please just grow a pair and let the team deal with him if need be? the worst thing i can think of that will comw out of this is that someone (owens jauron, edwards, brandon) is going to prove it's time they were run out of town. so what!? NEWS FLASH: WE ALREADY SUCK! i'm supposed to worry about locker room chemistry on this team of perennial nice-guy losers? give me a break.

Who cares? Who the hell is Chuck Pollack beside some small town writer in the middle of nowhere? If you don't like his article, why even make it a thread??

I dont discredit any of that. I look at it simply like this. What's the worst that can happen? We don't make the postseason again? We have to get a new coach/system/players again? Honestly if all that can happen is we have to blow it up and start from scratch there's no harm done. Like I said if 1 WR can alienate 52 other people, that's not a team that was ever going to win anything anyway.

I somewhat feel the same way. I'm moreso in the middle, excited but also weary. But one interesting point Chuck made to me was how this will effect Lee Evans. He's stuck it out to remain a Bill and the Bills go and do this. Not saying it's a bad move or the Bills, but the risk greatly outweighs the reward as for now, the risk being a confrontation between the 2 receivers. I'm all for optimism though, and I hope since we don't have really any big personalities the environment would be perfect for TO to co-exist in.

And I don't think Chuck wrote the article because he had said on the radio that it would never happen. If you had told me Friday that it was going to happen I would have told you you're insane. The Bills have NEVER made a move like this so Chuck was validated in writing what he did.

Who cares? Who the hell is Chuck Pollack beside some small town writer in the middle of nowhere? If you don't like his article, why even make it a thread??

He's covered the Bills for over 35 years. So I think he deserves a little credibility.

I love the negative people. If the Bills don't make many moves, they suck. If the Bills make moves, they suck. No matter what the Bills do for these people they will always suck. Go NOT cheer for some other team.

Thanks for the love. And who the f**k are you to tell me, or anyone to go cheer for some other team? It's not about being negative or positive. It's about, reality, shooting straight, being honest, and able to handle the truth.

If you take a gander at the fan division on this board, I'll bet you'll find the line at those under 35 and those over 35. The older you are, the more realistic. And... you get into the over 40 crowd...They've been down the current Bills path ad nauseum and see it for what it really is.

Obviously, you fit into that 12-35 crowd. You don't know the difference between building a winner and selling tix. They are two different things.