Pat Moran: Mike Peterson rejects Bills' offer

6:00PM: I've learned that the Bills had offered LB Mike Peterson a one-year contract for an undetermined amount of money; and the offer was rejected.

Strange. I assumed he was the last of the three LBs we had in last week that we'd try to get, as his signing would probably force Poz to move outside for a year.

edit- http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=171512

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

June would be serviceable for three years. I knwo his play fell off after his days in Indy but he's only 29 and is an ideal Cover 2 OLB.

Keiaho has more upside and talent, however he would want a long term deal. I think the Bills are looking for someone to sign a 1 or 2 year deal so they can get a 1st round LB in the next few drafts.

Dissapointing. I was hoping we'd land him. The prospect of Keiaho or June isn't all that inspiring. The talent level would've been better off with peterson and moving poz to olb. Then Poz at mlb and keiaho or june. At this point I'd almost rather they draft a lb. There's some good ones in the draft this year, who will probably be better players then what we could get in free agency.

Strange. I assumed he was the last of the three LBs we had in last week that we'd try to get, as his signing would probably force Poz to move outside for a year.

Thanks, Boone. But, who is Pat Moran? (I think I may have asked this same question, in the past.)

Keiaho has more upside and talent, however he would want a long term deal. I think the Bills are looking for someone to sign a 1 or 2 year deal so they can get a 1st round LB in the next few drafts.

Agreed. It makes sense, they want a guy to essentially spot-fill. They have too many needs this year to fill via draft and with the relative abundance of OLBs on the free agent market, it's only natural that we sign one of em.

Of course if somehow Aaron Curry is there at 11 all bets are off and we take him, but that won't happen.

I wonder if one year deals are to protec tthe team from having to carry dead cap weight or to pay bonuses next year if Jauron and crew are exited from Buffalo? May also spell the beginning of the end for the Tampa 2 in Buffalo?

Thanks, Boone. But, who is Pat Moran? (I think I may have asked this same question, in the past.)

Pat Moran has a Buffalo Bills blog on Fox Sports and writes a bit for scout.com. He's said in the past he has a few friends in the local media he uses as sources, including Tim Graham.

Pat Moran has a Buffalo Bills blog on Fox Sports and writes a bit for scout.com. He's said in the past he has a few friends in the local media he uses as sources, including Tim Graham.

Thanks.. That rings a bell, now.

I think you've hit the nail on the head. If we take Cushing-Matthews-Sintim in Round 1-2, why tie up $ with Keiaho or June?

Pat posts over at Billszone regularly. I'd rather not post the link, as I'm not 100% clear on the rules here in that regard.

I'm fairly certain links are fine (long as the content isn't obscene), but whole articles cannot be posted... only excerpts.

Pat posts over at Billszone regularly. I'd rather not post the link, as I'm not 100% clear on the rules here in that regard.

OK, got ya...I thought this may have been from one of his blogs.

Thanks for bringing the info, though

Do you have a link to his blog?

or to where we are getting "1:39PM: From what I'm being told, it appears that Freddy Keiaho is the Bills primary target among LB's that visited." this from?