Did I just hear that right on WGR???

that would seem to be at odds with these reports...

Coles, Bengals agree to contract

Bengals snap up wide receiver Coles on four-year deal

I meant that while he signed a multi-year deal, a lot of the money is coming in the 1st year. His base salary this season will be $2 million (with the rest in bonuses). This means that the Bengals won't be paying a very large base salary the next few years because much of the money is paid out the first year. So, if they feel the need to get rid of him, it will be very easy to do so.

I meant that while he signed a multi-year deal, a lot of the money is coming in the 1st year. His base salary this season will be $2 million (with the rest in bonuses). This means that the Bengals won't be paying a very large base salary the next few years because much of the money is paid out the first year. So, if they feel the need to get rid of him, it will be very easy to do so.

Any published, print source? Internet sources libel and BS all the time - a note for those that think the demise of newspapers is a laughing matter, and it won't affect them. It will. Big time.

That doesn't make any sense. If his yearly salary over the next 4 years is small, but made up for by a large signing bonus received this year, that is exactly the situation in which you would take a cap hit if he is cut next year.

Any published, print source? Internet sources libel and BS all the time - a note for those that think the demise of newspapers is a laughing matter, and it won't affect them. It will. Big time.

Again, the title of thread says.......WGR550's little sports report that is at the top and bottom of the hour (I think)......I'm listening to the TO talk right now on the internet, and this little tidbit ran right after the TO stuff.

I hadn't heard 9.75 million for Coles, but that's what the sports update guy said. That was definately news to me.

It was actually on the 20/20 sports report.

Again, the title of thread says.......WGR550's little sports report that is at the top and bottom of the hour (I think)......I'm listening to the TO talk right now on the internet, and this little tidbit ran right after the TO stuff.

I hadn't heard 9.75 million for Coles, but that's what the sports update guy said. That was definately news to me.

It was actually on the 20/20 sports report.

Well, that's the electronic media. They can say anything because they can't be held to the same standard as the printed media.

I'm going to say it again - there will be very negative things happening when the printed press goes away. These folks that say so what?, are in for a different world.

The local coverage of the shenanigans of your town and county won't be visited. You will see something like the on-line Cincinnati Enquirer - truncated articles, half of the items in the print edition omitted. More and more video content, always plastered with distracting advertisements, flashing non-stop.

Take this advice from an old man who has seen a lot of things happen through the years:

Buy newspapers. Get hard copy in your hands - they can't be taken away from you, they can't be a vehicle of propaganda unless you agree. The electronic media, the net, is a dream-come-true for seducing common sense.

You can pore over papers; form opinions over time. And you can walk around with them, and discuss with others. Without being tied to an electronic device.

Sorry about the lecture. Go and buy the papers, keep them alive and please don't, turn your back on them. Please. :blink:

That doesn't make any sense. If his yearly salary over the next 4 years is small, but made up for by a large signing bonus received this year, that is exactly the situation in which you would take a cap hit if he is cut next year.

The cap doesn't matter to the bengals. It's all about money that is actually paid out that year. (just as the cap is irrelevant to the bills)

My source is rotoworld