The Markets look like they know something

Looks like wallstreet has a little insight. There is no question that they want GWB back for another 4 years, and they are buying as if they know something.

My bet is that they have it right.........god news for GWB. :lol:

96477[/snapback]

It's more likely the "Thank God it's over" bump.

I thought it was due to slightly lower oil prices.

96839[/snapback]

It was. Falling oil prices...falling because the excessive risk priced into them has been becoming progressively less excessive in the eyes of futures traders who forsee a Kerry victory.

At least, that's the way the logic is going. In reality...the market does whatever the !@#$ it wants, often with little or no reason.

It was.  Falling oil prices...falling because the excessive risk priced into them has been becoming progressively less excessive in the eyes of futures traders who forsee a Kerry victory. 

At least, that's the way the logic is going.  In reality...the market does whatever the !@#$ it wants, often with little or no reason.

96875[/snapback]

Or... it could be market forces at work with supply catching up witth demand.

Or... it could be market forces at work with supply catching up witth demand.

96884[/snapback]

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor.../markets_oil_dc

Some analysts also say a Bush win could stoke nervousness about U.S. policy in the oil-producing Middle East, particularly Iran, while Kerry is seen as more likely to work through conventional diplomatic channels

Really, it's a bunch of different reasons: increased Russian exports, decreased demand, etc. But the reduced risk premium in a market that perceives a Kerry victory is a very real reason.

Looks like wallstreet has a little insight. There is no question that they want GWB back for another 4 years, and they are buying as if they know something.

My bet is that they have it right.........god news for GWB. :devil:

96477[/snapback]

You're on crack. The markets just LOVE high oil prices and corruption, don't they?