New tactic by the democrats

VABills

Gotta love their tenacity.  I live in a middle to upper middle class area, heavy military, heavy republican. 

Well they have the 2 desks setup one for A-L and one for M-Z.  The M-Z line is moving along great, no backup, in fact people are in and out in 5 minutes or less.  Now in my line it is out the door and halfway down the street at 6 am.  Finally get to vote at 7:15.  Seems the polling director had placed a gentleman volunteer at the desk to check ids, verify you are on the roster and check you off.  He was taking a good minute with each person.  Very, very , very slow.  The polling director asked him to move and someone else would take over.  He got very hostile and animated, refused to move and said that was what he was told to do and he was going to stay there all day.  He even stated right in front of me as I had finally reached the desk, that either the ladies and gentlemen in line can vote at his pace or they can leave and not vote at all, he didn't care.  I know they called for a security officer and they were just coming in as I finally left. 

Well hopefully this was an isolated bit of stupidity, but I am guessing it was organized.

96207[/snapback]

Wow, he took a whole minute to verify a person's identity, find their names in a big book, and cross them off? Just like they do in my town? He was doing it in an orderly manner? The nerve of some people!

When they handed out exams in the big lecture halls you could wait until they got to you or you could leave. It's a cost-benefit decision you make.

I think it is kind of simplistic to assume that A-M and M-Z will divise the line into two.... Names are usually proportionally skewed toward the start of the alphabet. But maybe you've got a lot of Smiths and Washingtons down there....

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, he took a whole minute to verify a person's identity, find their names in a big book, and cross them off? Just like they do in my town? He was doing it in an orderly manner? The nerve of some people!

When they handed out exams in the big lecture halls you could wait until they got to you or you could leave. It's a cost-benefit decision you make.

I think it is kind of simplistic to assume that A-M and M-Z will divise the line into two.... Names are usually proportionally skewed toward the start of the alphabet. But maybe you've got a lot of Smiths and Washingtons down there....

96302[/snapback]

Oh look you're back. Reread the whole thread and talk to me again. And explain why they will call for security in the school to have him removed right in front of me. And explain why there were three people standing over him trying to physically remove him? And explain why he made the statement he did?

No but again read my !@#$ing post you moron and quite !@#$ing arguing when you know you are wrong. 

The M-Z line had noone in it.  The guy didn't give a stevestojan and said if the ladies and gentlemen didn't want to wait they could leave. 

I am sorry but a polling official is supposed to make accommodation for people and help them.  Not hinder and recommend they leave. 

Where the !@#$ did you go to school?

96284[/snapback]

So Dork how are you sure this old guy in the highly republican district you live in was a democratic plant to slow down Republicans that vote come hell or high water? Sounds more like someone in heavy republican area trying to convince the not so committed democrats to just leave since vote dont count?

So Dork how are you sure this old guy in the highly republican district you live in was a democratic plant to slow down Republicans that vote come hell or high water?   Sounds more like someone in heavy republican area trying to convince the not so committed democrats to just leave since vote dont count?

96334[/snapback]

Maybe but doubtful. BTW, !@#$ you. You obviously haven;t got a clue.

Gotta love their tenacity.  I live in a middle to upper middle class area, heavy military, heavy republican. 

Well they have the 2 desks setup one for A-L and one for M-Z.  The M-Z line is moving along great, no backup, in fact people are in and out in 5 minutes or less.  Now in my line it is out the door and halfway down the street at 6 am.  Finally get to vote at 7:15.  Seems the polling director had placed a gentleman volunteer at the desk to check ids, verify you are on the roster and check you off.  He was taking a good minute with each person.  Very, very , very slow.  The polling director asked him to move and someone else would take over.  He got very hostile and animated, refused to move and said that was what he was told to do and he was going to stay there all day.  He even stated right in front of me as I had finally reached the desk, that either the ladies and gentlemen in line can vote at his pace or they can leave and not vote at all, he didn't care.  I know they called for a security officer and they were just coming in as I finally left. 

Well hopefully this was an isolated bit of stupidity, but I am guessing it was organized.

96207[/snapback]

Boo hoo. Old folks work at the polls. Been that way EVERY time I went to vote. They aren't moving any slower than usual, the line is just longer. You want to physically remove and B word about some old guy who isn't as quick as he used to be go ahead.

Maybe but doubtful.  BTW, !@#$ you.  You obviously haven;t got a clue.

96336[/snapback]

Did you ever consider that maybe the guy was just doing what he was initially told to do? Its amazing how you just jump to conclusion that somehow this was a democrat plot to steal Virginia. Man get a life and start thinking for yourself instead of just getting views from some talk show guy etc.

Did you ever consider that maybe the guy was just doing what he was initially told to do?  Its amazing how you just jump to conclusion that somehow this was a democrat plot to steal Virginia.  Man get a life and start thinking for yourself instead of just getting views from some talk show guy etc.

96349[/snapback]

Don't listen to talk shows. And yes he was told to do it, becuase in Virginia you have to show ID. But if that is all true why was he being removed and security called on him?

Maybe I jumped to a conclusion, but explain to me why he said what he did, security was called, etc...?

Oh BTW I don't watch TV or listen to talk shows on the radio. Try again moron.

Don't listen to talk shows.  And yes he was told to do it, becuase in Virginia you have to show ID.  But if that is all true why was he being removed and security called on him? 

Maybe I jumped to a conclusion, but explain to me why he said what he did, security was called, etc...? 

Oh BTW I don't watch TV or listen to talk shows on the radio.  Try again moron.

96353[/snapback]

Maybe his Hemeroids were kicking up or he is just a cranky son of a B word or had issue with the anal idea of only having two lines and he was stuck in the one that seemed to have more people?

People are cranky as stevestojan today.

I put a Bush/Cheney bumper stick on a VERY liberal coworkers door this AM and another big time lib in my office totally freaked out. Mind you, I did this for no other reason than to break the chops of my coworker...I could care less WHO she's voting for. If she was voting for Bush, I would have put a Kerry sticker on her door, and we all know Im a Bush guy. I was just breaking her stones. But my other coworker took my attempt at humor as some affront to the voting process and I was trying to, of course, intimidate people in my office. And, to keep with the hypocrisy of folks, the coworker who freaked out has a Kerry sticker on HIS door and has been known to talk around the office trying to get people to vote for Kerry.

Amazing how people act sometimes.

No but again read my !@#$ing post you moron and quite !@#$ing arguing when you know you are wrong. 

The M-Z line had noone in it.  The guy didn't give a stevestojan and said if the ladies and gentlemen didn't want to wait they could leave. 

I am sorry but a polling official is supposed to make accommodation for people and help them.  Not hinder and recommend they leave. 

Where the !@#$ did you go to school?

96284[/snapback]

Of course this is partisan politics, everyone knows that all the republicans in VA have names that start with A-L and all the Democrats have names from M-Z, so the republican votes are purposely being slowed down and the voters encouraged to wait or just leave.... So all of the M-Z Democrats can steal the election.

The problem with this post is not the facts within it, but the retarded headline that claims that this is a democratic tactic.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

It's Fin VIRGINIA... the vote is not going to count for Democrats anyways; let em have their fun! :lol:

He was doing his job TOO well by checking everyone's IDs OM Fin G!!!! :lol:

I would blame the problem on the idiot worker rather then any party. Not everything is a conspiracy. The guy probably got written up last election he worked for not following procedure so now he went to the other extreme.

Of course this is partisan politics, everyone knows that all the republicans in VA have names that start with A-L and all the Democrats have names from M-Z, so the republican votes are purposely being slowed down and the voters encouraged to wait or just leave....  So all of the M-Z Democrats can steal the election.

They're all named Adams and Jefferson right?

Nothing compared to my polling place. If they knew you, and knew you were a Democrat...right to the front of the line. Everyone else, wait your turn...or just leave when you get sick of waiting of have to go back to work.

My neighborhood's about 10-1 in favor of Democrats anyway...don't see why the manipulation was necessary.

Nothing compared to my polling place.  If they knew you, and knew you were a Democrat...right to the front of the line.  Everyone else, wait your turn...or just leave when you get sick of waiting of have to go back to work.

My neighborhood's about 10-1 in favor of Democrats anyway...don't see why the manipulation was necessary.

96933[/snapback]

Tom, how can you say that. This only happens to the democrats.

Tom, how can you say that.  This only happens to the democrats.

96938[/snapback]

I should have added, it was some sort of "grass roots" group of neighborhood people doing this outside the polling place. Not the people running the show...

Hell, VA...the only reason I made ANY partisan observation about it was because it was simply and factually a group of Democrats who were doing it. That's not a blanket condemnation of any party...I don't want to make it one, and I resent your attempt to. Simply an observation that these people were specifically making it difficult for people not of their party to vote.