[closed]Some team will make a lot of $

major

Whoever signs Owens will make a ton of money off jersey sales, etc... It reminds me of the Jets signing Favre last year. The Jets may not have made the playoffs, but they made money, were always the media focus, etc... Sure, there are huge drawbacks to signing someone like TO, but whichever owner pulls the trigger will get instant publicity and instant cash into their wallets.

Whoever signs Owens will make a ton of money off jersey sales, etc... It reminds me of the Jets signing Favre last year. The Jets may not have made the playoffs, but they made money, were always the media focus, etc... Sure, there are huge drawbacks to signing someone like TO, but whichever owner pulls the trigger will get instant publicity and instant cash into their wallets.

And I agree. That is why I think the Bills should sign him right now and take a chance.

I'm sorry, but who in their right mind would buy a TO jersey?

Does that guy really have any fans?

Oh sure, cannot you see all the Bills fans who just bought Poz jerseys dumping those for brand new TO jerseys? I am guessing he will buy #81 from Hardy. So that would mean even more sales as all Hardy's fan would instantly go out and buy his new number.

:rolleyes:

All of the teams in the NFL except Cowpokes are part of a joint marketing deal where all teams get a percentage of the sales but player's team has incentives to sell jerseys so the team which picks up Owens will get a higher percentage of sales. Cowpokes negotiated as separate deal with NFL after threat of a lawsuit. Sorry no link but this was a story a few years ago (2006?).

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.