obama to create up to 250,000 new.....

Government jobs??

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...9030202935.html

The EPA is being "cautious" about expanding the workforce because of the long-term costs associated with permanent employees, he said. "Not only are you paying for the people today," he said, "but you have to think about what are the implications for the future as well."

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the Government will do a better job than the private sector?

Sure, because every time there's a new stimulus plan that's passed, the states will just take their share, and use it to pay existing employees so they don't have to lay anyone off.

No need to streamline for efficiency there like the stupid private sector has to do. :rolleyes:

So the Government will do a better job than the private sector?

Well, I guess in this case the government, unlike the private sector, has the ability to wave a wand and create a job. I find it's harder to go from justification to enactment when the private sector is constrained by business sense.

Note: I did NOT say that in doing so that the government is acting responsibly, or that this is wholly positive, or that all that can come from this is good.

BUT, the private sector seems incapable of creating jobs these days, something which--for whatever reason, for better or worse--doesn't seem to be quite as hard for the government. So, in today's climate, if 250, 000 people go from no paycheck to paycheck because of the government, yippie!

So, in today's climate, if 250, 000 people go from no paycheck to paycheck because of the government, yippie!

The private sector isn't hiring because they don't have the money to hire or retain employees.

Where does the government get the money necessary to pay their employees?

The private sector isn't hiring because they don't have the money to hire or retain employees.

Where does the government get the money necessary to pay their employees?

Where does the government get the money to maintain 2, 000, 000 soldiers world wide?

Where does the government get the money to maintain 2, 000, 000 soldiers world wide?

Answer a question with a question, eh?

I asked first, but I'll answer anyways..

Same place they get the money that will pay for 250k new fed workers

Answer a question with a question, eh?

I asked first, but I'll answer anyways..

Same place they get the money that will pay for 250k new fed workers

My POINT was that the government has and spends a sh-t load of money and a HUGE portiono of it goes to the military. If you're so concerned with what we spend our money on, why not complain about the defense budget that grows every year?

My POINT was that the government has and spends a sh-t load of money and a HUGE portiono of it goes to the military. If you're so concerned with what we spend our money on, why not complain about the defense budget that grows every year?

This thread was started in regards to the 250k new federal jobs being created

If you're in the mood to complain about defense spending, start a new thread. I'll probably agree with most of it

But back to my point....

How will the government fund 250k new federal jobs?

This thread was started in regards to the 250k new federal jobs being created to subversively complain about the size and scope of government, thanks for bringing up other, more substantial aspects of government and their fiscal responsibility.

If you're in the mood to complain about defense spending, start a new thread. I'll probably agree with most of it

But back to my point....

You're welcome.

I have no idea, we'll probably know when the budget's approved. If you need an answer NOW, may be you should call your congressman rather than come to a Bills message board.

This thread was started in regards to the 250k new federal jobs being created

But back to my point....

Maybe the private sector will take over the lottery and government will win it :rolleyes: