Drayton Florence is a Bill

H2o

From Scouts Inc:

Drayton Florence

Grade: 63 | Grade means player is an average starter.

Alert: None

Comment: Florence is a five-year veteran who always has shown a lot of promise, but something is missing. He split time on the right perimeter last season and wasn't bad, but he's still a half-step away from being a quality NFL starter. He has a very good combination of size, speed and agility, but he seems to suffer from brain cramps and will hesitate too often at the wrong time. He lacks ideal hip fluidity, but he can turn and run pretty well with speed receivers and occasionally shows a bit of recovery burst when he loses a step. He isn't much of a playmaker when the ball is in the air, and he misses some interception opportunities because he lacks good ball skills. He consistently loses a step against receivers who can make a hard cut without telegraphing their route. He lacks great technique, getting too high in his pedal and often losing a step in transition. Florence hasn't developed as quickly as hoped, and the rapid ascent of Antonio Cromartie may convince the Chargers to let Florence walk.

I think he'll be perfect in the NCB role. He played at a high level in SD and could be a starter on some teams. He had an off year last year in Jax. He could work out great for us. He also came relatively cheap. I think it's a good signing.

Jesus man, do you even look at the board before starting a new thread?

Jesus did walk the earth as a man at one point in time, yes he did. And no I didn't really look at the board before I posted it. I saw them as an update on PFT and Rotoworld then posted the two.

On paper, this guy is a huge upgrade over Greer. Faster, bigger, more INTs. And Greer is gonna get at least $5 million a year on the market and we got this guy for $3.3 a year.

Maybe you are right, but none of the "experts" seem all that impressed with him. I hope he isn't a 2010 cut. I also am not crazy about the fact that he is on record as saying he wanted to go back to San Diego. They apparently weren't interested in him. Could he have picked an exact polar opposite from San Diego, in Buffalo? I am not holding my breath on this one...