Guy on another board says Coles is a Bill

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Reed is an excellent 3rd down, move the chains receiver. He has one of the highest catch percentages in the NFL year in and year out. He has an uncanny knack to catch the ball short of the first down marker but still somehow elude the tackler(s) and get the first down anyways. Yes, he is limited when matched up against a starting CB since his speed leaves a lot to be desired, but in the slot against a nickel CB, he would likely win that battle the majority of the time. Like it or not, every team needs a clutch possession receiver like Reed who can be counted on to make the play and move the chains when he gets the ball in his hands on 3rd down...

Reed is not an excellent WR year in and year out. He just came dependable recently. He has very little playmaking capability. And OK, so he makes catches on third downs......lol......he's an NFL WR, he should do that. I mean, really, almost.....and I say almost every team in the NFL has a Josh Reed, yet we make him out to be a god because he actually catches a lot of catchable balls thrown to him.

The only pass I give Reed is that he hasn't truly been used all season in the slot where he belongs. If the Bills actually open up the pocket book and get another damn WR who is worth a damn, then Reed will play an important role in this offense. Until then, Reed adds little to this team being able to get in the endzone which is what they need to do alot more of.

I wouldn't mind a 4 WR set of Evans, Coles, Reed and Parrish. I actually think that would be pretty good. THen add Johnson in empty backfields, and you have three legit guys who could score on any catch and two guys who can make catches in Reed and Johnson.

Fixed.

Bingo, and then eve.n at that, he isn't one of the best. See Breaston, Steve. But Reed being #3 means that the Bills actually then have a true #2, which is what this team really needs.

So, what are you saying, once every 4-5 years you're right about something?

No, that's not really it. I get some scoops on occasion from different sources and stick my neck out big time announcing it on here. I give disclaimers about the story & they are always based on facts and somewhat obvious situations but never the less are real for that moment. The Marv thing was not obvious at the time, nor was it even thought of and I got the scoop from a very unlikely source and brought it up under much protest.

Summing it up, don't shoot the messenger for bringing up stories that may come true and if they don't come true, hanging someone is just plain wrong.

Reed is not an excellent WR year in and year out. He just came dependable recently. He has very little playmaking capability. And OK, so he makes catches on third downs......lol......he's an NFL WR, he should do that. I mean, really, almost.....and I say almost every team in the NFL has a Josh Reed, yet we make him out to be a god because he actually catches a lot of catchable balls thrown to him.

The only pass I give Reed is that he hasn't truly been used all season in the slot where he belongs. If the Bills actually open up the pocket book and get another damn WR who is worth a damn, then Reed will play an important role in this offense. Until then, Reed adds little to this team being able to get in the endzone which is what they need to do alot more of.

I wouldn't mind a 4 WR set of Evans, Coles, Reed and Parrish. I actually think that would be pretty good. THen add Johnson in empty backfields, and you have three legit guys who could score on any catch and two guys who can make catches in Reed and Johnson.

settle down

no one is claiming him to be "God" or even anything close to that. People are happy with Reed because of the value that he added to the team last year. He was our most reliable target, and racked up very valuable first downs on important drives that led to wins.

You laugh at the third down receptions, which leads me to believe that your football IQ is lacking in this area. A WR that has a knack for making receptions on third downs for first downs is a very important commodity in this league.

I don't think any one or at least not too many people here have grand delusions of Josh Reed being an effective #2 WR. As you stated earlier, he is most effective in the slot and seems to be establishing an identity as a good slot receiver.

Now we just need to find a good #2 WR, Coles would do the trick, but I'm skeptical of the cost. I for one, and I am in the minority here, believe that Steve Johnson is going to fill that role for us. So I'm excited to see what happens this year.

settle down

no one is claiming him to be "God" or even anything close to that. People are happy with Reed because of the value that he added to the team last year. He was our most reliable target, and racked up very valuable first downs on important drives that led to wins.

You laugh at the third down receptions, which leads me to believe that your football IQ is lacking in this area. A WR that has a knack for making receptions on third downs for first downs is a very important commodity in this league.

I don't think any one or at least not too many people here have grand delusions of Josh Reed being an effective #2 WR. As you stated earlier, he is most effective in the slot and seems to be establishing an identity as a good slot receiver.

Now we just need to find a good #2 WR, Coles would do the trick, but I'm skeptical of the cost. I for one, and I am in the minority here, believe that Steve Johnson is going to fill that role for us. So I'm excited to see what happens this year.

3-13.

I would take out Parrish in this 4 WR set and install Johnson. I think this could be his position until he either learns or is needed on the outside.

3-13.

Since you said 3 wins I know we will win more.

I'll bet you we do at least 5 wins, 4 we push and 3 or less you lose.

Winner goes away for entire off-season after Bills play last game of 2009 season. I'll even ask SDS to have someone else moderate my boards.

Or did you get this info from another of your reliable sources?