Since the "consensus" right now seems to be Maybin

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so let me get this straight...No California players, no Big 10 players, All WRs must be 6'4 or taller, No Texas players, DE's must be at least 280lbs and not white, no LBers under 6'2 250, No Ohio State players....any restrictions I missed?

No, that pretty much covers it all.

Ok, so let me get this straight...No California players, no Big 10 players, All WRs must be 6'4 or taller, No Texas players, DE's must be at least 280lbs and not white, no LBers under 6'2 250, No Ohio State players....any restrictions I missed?

:huh::rolleyes:

The Wall sure is a trip, sometimes.

For what it's worth, the way I hears it, the Bills are targeting Orakpo, who they think/hope will be there at #11. If not, they are intrigued by Maybin.

I also hear they really like Chase Coffman, but obviously not in the 1st round.

Oh I don't know. Maybe because other than Josh Reed, none of them can get open..... just a hunch

Well, given the Bills offensive approach, it isn't as if WRs are going to be wide open, on most plays. But, most WRs are open, if the throw is made at the right time, to the proper spot. One of the Bills problems is, Trent waits until the WR is visibly open before throwing the ball, most of the time. He has to trust that the WR will be where is supposed to be, and let the ball go. He did that in the very beginning, but has regressed, it seems, when it comes to anticipating the WR.

if maybin is the guy who can best rush the passer then who here would be against maybin?

remember when suggs stank in the draft? he was so incomplete they only let him rush the passer on like 1 in 5 plays in his rookie year.

i'd hate a guy like that, because our d gets so many sacks, and we can just find a pass rusher on the street.

Poz and Edwards??? Sorry, but both are on the path of being busts.

I'll give you that they churn out very good offensive lineman. You got me on that. There are the exceptions as in Woodley and Barber, and Holmes, but for the most part Big Ten players suck in the NFL.

that's because the Big 10 as a conference is a major fraud.

Players such as Maybin compete against other overated slugs and thier performance is vastly inflated.

A guy that played DE with his hand on the ground at 230 lb will not be successful in the NFL.

He is too damm small - and will be a huge liability in the run game.

Well, given the Bills offensive approach, it isn't as if WRs are going to be wide open, on most plays. But, most WRs are open, if the throw is made at the right time, to the proper spot. One of the Bills problems is, Trent waits until the WR is visibly open before throwing the ball, most of the time. He has to trust that the WR will be where is supposed to be, and let the ball go. He did that in the very beginning, but has regressed, it seems, when it comes to anticipating the WR.

a big part of Trent's problem was that the team forced hardy into the lineup and he couldn't figure out what a pattern was- let alone where he was supposed to be.

Hardy running the wrong pattern is what started Trent on that 3 pick performance. He threw to the right spot and Hardy was somewhere else.

A QB can't anticipate a WR when the WR is completely imcompetent. You get the same consistency with Parrish-

a big part of Trent's problem was that the team forced hardy into the lineup and he couldn't figure out what a pattern was- let alone where he was supposed to be.

Hardy running the wrong pattern is what started Trent on that 3 pick performance. He threw to the right spot and Hardy was somewhere else.

A QB can't anticipate a WR when the WR is completely imcompetent. You get the same consistency with Parrish-

I'll give you Hardy...and to a much lesser degree Parrish. But, I would expect Hardy to improve.

Do I want the Bills to take Maybin? Two words: HELL NO!

From what I saw of him @ the combine, I think he played himself out of millions of dollars and possibly the first round. Let someone else take a flier on him.

See also this allegation about Cushing:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/risersandfallers

Saying that you may be maxed out, or that you took a lot of LEGAL supplements is not an allegation.

And to reply to what the other poster said about Maybin, putting 20 pounds on in the two months before the combine isn't even unusual anymore. Up to now, these guys have been eating college food, which is usually pretty bad, and aren't always able to get food outside those three meals depending on their financial situation.

But lots of them skip graduation at the end of the season, drop out of school and go to these combine prep coaches. These guys figure out what the guy needs to move up in the draft and help him get there, whether it is getting faster by learning the mechanics of sprint starts and sprinting on a track, or getting bigger by forcing 7000 calories a day down their gullets and doing professional weight gain regimes in the weight room.

After the player gets the big contract, he's able to pay the coaching firm. Of the top 100 guys, more get these trainers than not these days, so people don't think first about steroids when they see that before the combine. They think of personal trainers, personal nutritionists and expensive facilities and working eight hours a day on their bodies.

Stevie Johnson did it last year and there were videos up on youtube. It's so common that that's what you should think about when you see some guy run .2 seconds faster than expected or do more bench press reps or do well in any of the drills. These guys stop training for football and train for the combine and getting drafted higher. You can't blame them.

:thumbsup::wallbash:

The Wall sure is a trip, sometimes.

For what it's worth, the way I hears it, the Bills are targeting Orakpo, who they think/hope will be there at #11. If not, they are intrigued by Maybin.

I also hear they really like Chase Coffman, but obviously not in the 1st round.

You may be right, of course, but I wouldn't bet on Coffman. The guy isn't a great blocker.

IMO Crabtree is so good he'd be impossible to pass on. I mentioned in another thread about S. Johnson being the perfect fit at #2 WR, but the exception is if Crabtree fell. He's got HOF talent.

He won't fall. But if by some miracle he did, we would probably either pick him or cash in an excellent offer we would recieve from teams behind us to get him.

However, if he ever got beyond about #5, every picking team will be getting those excellent offers to trade down so somebody could pick up Crabtree.

You may be right, of course, but I wouldn't bet on Coffman. The guy isn't a great blocker.

I wasn't giving my opinion on the players. I was just passing along what I've heard.

With 1,696 players in the league there are bound to be a few exceptions. You can count on Maybin being a bust.

Yeah, but as has already shown up on this thread, there aren't just a few exceptions. Just off the top of my head, the Bills have picked three OSU cornerbacks and two (Winfield and Clements) recieved such terrific offers that we couldn't retain them. The third (Youboty) greatly improved last year and looks like a keeper. Donte Whitner. Hell, this is just guys from the Bills. Oh yeah, Lee Evans also says hi.

The whole idea is nonsense. These aren't exceptions. They are a rule.

Fair enough. Where did you hear it?

I don't want to over state the source, and his name wouldn't mean anything to anyone here, anyway (although how he gets his info is very interesting). Let's just say, he has been very good, so far, in the FA period. He gave me Fitzpatrick and Hangartner before the start of FA.

I don't want to over state the source, and his name wouldn't mean anything to anyone here, anyway (although how he gets his info is very interesting). Let's just say, he has been very good, so far, in the FA period. He gave me Fitzpatrick and Hangartner before the start of FA.

Interesting.