Do we really need a great pass catching Tight End?

It would help this offense move the ball as we have been very inefficient and unproductive. With a strong running game, and a QB who likes to check down or throw the short ball to the TE (not a bad thing), having a playmaking TE (espiecially in the red zone where we have the most trboule) would help a lot.

So yea, we need to address it.

If we get coles, we can make do with what we have.

i am thinking that too. Or draft a TE and give them time to develop. Coles would be nice because he wont need to be developed. We need some other passing threat there, and he seems to be our best option. If we get coles, i still say draft a TE on the 1st day.

i am thinking that too. Or draft a TE and give them time to develop. Coles would be nice because he wont need to be developed. We need some other passing threat there, and he seems to be our best option. If we get coles, i still say draft a TE on the 1st day.

Yeah, i would like to draft a TE. There will probably be a few that will make solid contributions in their rookie years.

In a word yes. All good young qb's generally come up with good receiving te's.

Rivers-Gates

Eli Manning-came up with Shockey now has boss

Roethlisberger-Heath Miller

Romo-Witten

Brady- Had Daniel Graham and then Watson. The te stats in NE dropped off after getting Moss and Welker

Peyton Manning- Marcus Pollard now Dallas Clark

Pennington- Anthony Fasano

Jay Cutler- Graham and Scheffler

Brees- Came up with Gates

Even past qb's like Elway had shannon sharpe. Jim Kelly had Metz/McKeller. Bledsoe had Ben Coates, and experienced a semi revival with Jay Reimersma.

I know I'm missing alot, but simply put. A good receiving te opens up an entire offense. It forces the safety to respect the threat, reducing the over the top umbrella coverage on evans. Tight ends are an efficient means of converting short down and distance plays, as well as improving your redzone offense. Do we need a premiere te that can get 90 catches 1000+ yards? While that would be absolutely titillating, a respectable threat who can get 50+ catches about 500 yards and 5-8 tds a season would be fantastic. We need much better then relying on a te who has 18 career catches, or crossing fingers that derek fine can be that guy. It's time Buffalo joined the modern day NFL, and find a te worth a damn.

I like Schouman better than Derek Fine, but he's what, 6'2 220? At that size, he's not a long-term answer at the position.

They need to address it early on draft day. For too long, the Bills have tried to play it cheap and cut corners with their passing attack. The results speak for themselves. They need to make a real investment on that side if they ever want to be competitive.

Rumor has it that Tony Scheffler is available for trade from Denver. Hes a pass catching TE that may not cost us a ton of money. What do we think of a guy like this as long as its not going to cost more than say a 4th or 5th to get him?