Any chance the Bills resign Preston?

I hope so. I know he wasn't popular, but I think preston is perfect depth who is versatile, young, and still has potential believe it or not

As much as i complained about him myself I could see him coming back as a starter.

He came under a lot of fire as did Langston Walker. I thought the criticism of both was unfair.

Peters also came under a lot of fire, partly because he didn't play as well as the year before and partly because Bills fans were pissed off at him.

Funny the guy who was criticized the least is the guy the Bills cut, Dockery. It honestly shows that most of us have no clue as to what's really going on in the trenches.

Back to Preston, I don't know what is going to happen but in addition to having starting experience, he was the primary backup at the 3 interior line positions. That in itself carries a lot of value.

Right on San Jose. Line play is so hard to criticize. We have no idea who has the "help" resposibility on certain plays. Who is suppose to 'chip' on a defender so it slows him up enough for another OL to square off the defender. By no mean am i saying Prseton is the next Jim Richter or Joe D, but he could have some potential. And the league min. might be worth another year for him. But the lettiny Dockery walk does show the bills thought he was not producing. And maybe a few of those sacks by Peters were not completely his fault. I would like to see the bills get a good group of guys and let them play together for a few years. It takes time to develope a good understanding of what the others around you strengths/weaknes' are.

Looking at the line situation now, after release of Dockery, I'm really hoping they will make an effort to bring Preston back. I'm hoping they have some kind of plan at the center position that involves a better player than Preston, but right now there is a huge hole in the middle of that line and it would be nice to not have to fill backup positions as well as starters.

Edit: I just saw the pickup of Hangartner, so this may not be as crucial. Maybe see if you can get him at the minimum; if nothing else he knows his way around the facilities.