Listening to WGR

silvermike

I'm really getting the impression that any information they get, they get from reading the Internet and the Buffalo News. It's not even so much the scoops - they do get those every now and then - it's the fact that the hosts readily admit they have no particular skill at football analysis and are just going off what they read. Honest, sure, but is it really true that WGR can't hire an actual guy with football knowledge? There's no retired assistant coach somewhere who'd come on?

I'm really getting the impression that any information they get, they get from reading the Internet and the Buffalo News. It's not even so much the scoops - they do get those every now and then - it's the fact that the hosts readily admit they have no particular skill at football analysis and are just going off what they read. Honest, sure, but is it really true that WGR can't hire an actual guy with football knowledge? There's no retired assistant coach somewhere who'd come on?

They readily admit the Bills don't like the station much, hence them not having any sources for that team.

Schopp is off and you're counting on the Bulldog to excite you with updates and analysis. Seriously? What do you expect? I personally think people complain too much. Just turn off the station

They readily admit the Bills don't like the station much, hence them not having any sources for that team.

Schopp is off and you're counting on the Bulldog to excite you with updates and analysis. Seriously? What do you expect? I personally think people complain too much. Just turn off the station

You can turn it off, but wouldn't it be nice to have an actual sports station that knows what it is talking about?

Okay, here's the line that pissed me off:

"I haven't watched Baltimore...I've barely even watched the Bills' center"

That's on Jason Brown - that's inexcusable. Anyway, of course, the solution is to turn it off, but what's frustrating is that this is a great football town that could really use expert analysis. It's a live day - things are different now than they were when the News was published early this morning. I like reading what all you guys have to say, but it's worth getting an expert opinion every now and then. And it's not like national shows cover too much of the Jabari Greer/Terrence McGee debate.

I want a professional who has watched every Bills game, broken down the film, and can offer an opinion over the course of four hours on a weekday afternoon.

Brad Riter

One man does not a sports station make.

I agree - there should be a real sports station, but people would complain about that too. Most sports shows for professional sports are mostly interested in ratings (thus saying outlandish things) just like the idiots on WGR. There is no real sports radio anymore.

That is not the point though. They sports talk show hosts, they are supposed to know sport. Every year come March Madness they will not talk about it & they will openly brag that they have not watched a game all year. 2 years ago when HSBC Arena hosted the first 2 rounds they were openly making fun of the tournament, making statements like how we supposed to know who Drake is? It is not acceptable. There other sports out there besides hockey. I would love to have a local radio station that had competent hosts that could talk college basketball once in awhile. Niagara & Siena are playing tonight in probably the biggest game of the year for both teams. I have not listened to Schoppe & Bulldog all day but I bet they have not even mentioned the game. They would rather talk about an average hockey team that is probably going to miss the playoffs for the 3rd year in a row every fuggin day. I do not listen to them anymore. I stopped listening to them about a year ago. Do not miss it at all. Save the bs too about nobody around here cares about the NCAA Tournament. Plenty of people care.

Hmm, I don't know how to say this without sounding like a jerk but the majority of people in this area could care less about local college basketball.

People want to hear about free agency and guys visiting the Bills, and even that "average hockey team" you refer to. It's just a shame Bulldog has the job talking about this kind of stuff. He's probably a nice guy and all but not the best for the position.

As for any local experts (possible former coach) who break down game tapes who are available to do the job, keep dreaming. There isn't enough money in radio.

Hmm, I don't know how to say this without sounding like a jerk but the majority of people in this area could care less about local college basketball.

People want to hear about free agency and guys visiting the Bills, and even that "average hockey team" you refer to. It's just a shame Bulldog has the job talking about this kind of stuff. He's probably a nice guy and all but not the best for the position.

As for any local experts (possible former coach) who break down game tapes who are available to do the job, keep dreaming. There isn't enough money in radio.

If noone cares about college basketball in this region why are they always the first arena to sellout when they host the tournament for the opening weekend? The fact is you probably do not care about college basketball.

I realize this is a football/hockey town, but it would be nice if the sports talk hosts you know actually knew something about sports.

"

I stop tuning in when both Schoop and bulldog was saying the JP "Loseman" play at the end of the Jets game last year was an ok call at the time.

They lost me after that.... even though Joe D is ok at times

The guys on Sirius NFL radio with the "football knowledge" still think Dick Jauron is a good coach. So WGR is not the only place devoid of knowledgeable NFL folk. I feel that in general, there are very few people on this planet with true "football knowledge". So don't be surprised WGR can't find anyone either. Bill Parcells, Bill Belichick, Jeff Fischer are part of the small handful that has true "football knowledge". Most of what you read and see in the media is unknowledgeable people just guessing. This also includes former coaches and players (see Emit Smith).

Wow! Now the !@#$ing morons are chatting about banning texting while driving. Wake up idiots! It's the start of FA. There's lots of big things going on today. Get someone at One Bills Drive to find out the latest. Hell, start calling different nfl beat reporters. :lol: