There is a bill pending in your state to legalize outright.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/deadlineus...ion-legislation

It will raise revenue, shift costs to where they are better needed and help stem the Mexican drug problem. If the Federal gov't is willing to cede authority to the states, we may be setting up a states rights case on this. If the states win, its legalized (in any state that wants it).

Great, we end up being the lone state in the union where it's legal. We don't need anymore !@#$ing hippies here.

There is a bill pending in your state to legalize outright.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/deadlineus...ion-legislation

It will raise revenue, shift costs to where they are better needed and help stem the Mexican drug problem. If the Federal gov't is willing to cede authority to the states, we may be setting up a states rights case on this. If the states win, its legalized (in any state that wants it).

Which states do you suppose would support it? Here's my guesses:

CA, MA, VT, WA, OR, MT, CO, DE, FL, HI, NV.

Great, we end up being the lone state in the union where it's legal. We don't need anymore !@#$ing hippies here.

Even Milton Friedman (one of the foudners of the Reagan revolution) has come out in support of legalization.

http://www.forbes.com/2005/06/02/cz_qh_0602pot.html

This would be the true depression indicator...FDR ended prohibition so folks could blow off some stress in the 30s; same thing withg the current Depression?

Which states do you suppose would support it? Here's my guesses:

CA, MA, VT, WA, OR, MT, CO, DE, FL, HI, NV.

You'd have to throw NY in there. I plan to spend some of my Obama-tax-policy-reduced discretionary income on a little weekend vacation to whichever state legalizes first.

Even Milton Friedman (one of the foudners of the Reagan revolution) has come out in support of legalization.

This would be the true depression indicator...FDR ended prohibition so folks could blow off some stress in the 30s; same thing withg the current Depression?

You'd have to throw NY in there. I plan to spend some of my Obama-tax-policy-reduced discretionary income on a little weekend vacation to whichever state legalizes first.

If you throw in NY, you gotta throw in NJ, PA and IL.

Hell of a lot cheaper than flying to Amsterdam every weekend.

Never cared for the stuff myself; made me feel stupid and nauseated, and that's not exactly something I strive for.

That said, I have no problem with legalization provided that severe penalties are enforced for actions that threaten public safety (DUI/DWI, operating heavy equipment while impaired, etc.)

Never cared for the stuff myself; made me feel stupid and nauseated, and that's not exactly something I strive for.

That said, I have no problem with legalization provided that severe penalties are enforced for actions that threaten public safety (DUI/DWI, operating heavy equipment while impaired, etc.)

Seconded! I don't smoke it but don't think it should be illegal either with similar restrictions placed on other drugs like alcohol.

I love the way the first thing out of people's mouth with this is legalize it and TAX it!! Why not just look at legalizing it and all the money that would be saved by not having to try, feed, house, "rehabilitate" pot smokers. That savings alone would not require it to taxed as alcohol and tobacco are.

Why not tax it?

It's a product

It produces money

Like any other product that produces a profit for an individual or corporation (food, oil, clothing, etc) why shouldn't it be taxed?

Why not tax it?

It's a product

It produces money

Like any other product that produces a profit for an individual or corporation (food, oil, clothing, etc) why shouldn't it be taxed?

I'm not saying it shouldn't be taxed. It just always the first thing people say when they talk about legalizing it. BTW food is not taxed here in CA.

I love the way the first thing out of people's mouth with this is legalize it and TAX it!! Why not just look at legalizing it and all the money that would be saved by not having to try, feed, house, "rehabilitate" pot smokers. That savings alone would not require it to taxed as alcohol and tobacco are.

The people that run rehab places would object. And some cops, lawyers, jailers, etc would lose work.