Fred Taylor

FluffHead

And watch as he suddenly becomes an all-world RB again under the Patriots mysterious "conditioning" program that somehow turns wash-ups into Pro-Bowlers....

I don't know that he actually is washed up. He rushed for 1,200 yards in 2007 and averaged 5.4 yards per carry that year. Plus, he had four runs of over 50 yards, including one that went for 80. I'm sure he's starting to slow down, but I doubt he's lost that much in such a short time.

I don't know that he actually is washed up. He rushed for 1,200 yards in 2007 and averaged 5.4 yards per carry that year. Plus, he had four runs of over 50 yards, including one that went for 80. I'm sure he's starting to slow down, but I doubt he's lost that much in such a short time.

RB's lose it pretty quick. Taylor seems to fit that description.

RB's lose it pretty quick. Taylor seems to fit that description.

He's still good, and still probably has more burst than an average back (he used to have AP-like burst, lest we forget). He's never really fit any model. He's had a ton of injuries that people always comment on, but he always comes back. He's had a pretty amazing career, actually. Great signing by the Pats. Really.