My Thoughts on RB Jackson......

Kenwick

I do not blame RB Fred Jackson for not signing his contract.......

The Bills have had plenty of time to give him a fair contract..... There are no excuses for holding it up unless they want to trade him..... I do not think this is what they want to do however...

I hope we are not in for a long drawn out event like we had with Peters last year. That outcome was terrible.

We may see it reinacted all over again until the Bills pony up with a competitive salary offer for both Peters and Jackson....... I say get the deal done and stop dragging it out unless you are going to use them for trade bait.... The Bills do not seem to be very pro-active in keeping their good players.

I see the same thing with CB Greer......... We have a really good cornerback who wants to play for the Bills at a competitive salary. The Bills to date have only offered half of what other corners are getting with the same kind of talent..... Something is wrong here.

But NO....... We have a team that only seeks mediorcity on the field and off. We as fans are being asked to accept this and still come out in force to accept the average Bills team that they put on the field. Something has to give down the road.......

I do not blame RB Fred Jackson for not signing his contract.......

The Bills have had plenty of time to give him a fair contract..... There are no excuses for holding it up unless they want to trade him..... I do not think this is what they want to do however...

I hope we are not in for a long drawn out event like we had with Peters last year. That outcome was terrible.

We may see it reinacted all over again until the Bills pony up with a competitive salary offer for both Peters and Jackson....... I say get the deal done and stop dragging it out unless you are going to use them for trade bait.... The Bills do not seem to be very pro-active in keeping their good players.

I see the same thing with CB Greer......... We have a really good cornerback who wants to play for the Bills at a competitive salary. The Bills to date have only offered half of what other corners are getting with the same kind of talent..... Something is wrong here.

But NO....... We have a team that only seeks mediorcity on the field and off. We as fans are being asked to accept this and still come out in force to accept the average Bills team that they put on the field. Something has to give down the road.......

Did I miss something??? What are you talking about?

This actually makes me pretty mad. Why not offer Freddie a longer term deal? the Bills, IMO, should try to lock him up for the next 3-4 years. I just don't see the point of trying to sign him to a 1 year deal and then have to pay more to keep him next year. He is a solid, proven RB as a really solid backup and a better than average starter. Just give him a longer deal already! :lol:

This actually makes me pretty mad. Why not offer Freddie a longer term deal? the Bills, IMO, should try to lock him up for the next 3-4 years. I just don't see the point of trying to sign him to a 1 year deal and then have to pay more to keep him next year. He is a solid, proven RB as a really solid backup and a better than average starter. Just give him a longer deal already! :lol:

I agree. They offer him one year at league minimum and expect him to jump at that? Yeah everyone loves to be slapped in the face. Can this front office please get something right?

Jackson is an Exclusive Rights FA...if the Bills tender him an offer(which they did), he basically has no other choice but to sign or not play. Next year he will be a restricted FA, so he may have a little leverage to try and get the Bills to sign him to a longer term deal, but really not much---few teams are going to look at a 29 year old RFA and think its a good idea to part with multiple picks to sign him away from the Bills.

Basically Jackson can be as mad as he wants, but he has little to no leverage in this situation...

They were required to at least offer the exclusive rights free agent contract of 460k today. This doesn't mean Buffalo couldn't negotiate another deal down the road. The ERFA deal is all they have to do now-but it doesn't mean they're incapable of doing something later.

But I know plenty of fans want something done now. The front office doesn't accede to your demands and as a matter of fact, each player will get their time. Jackson will get a long term deal, but I suspect the team has prioritized things like Unrestricted Free Agents and signing some in the first week of free agency above Fred. Sorry, but that life in the executive world. Not everyone gets what they want when they want it.

Don't read too much into this.

They were required to at least offer the exclusive rights free agent contract of 460k today. This doesn't mean Buffalo couldn't negotiate another deal down the road. The ERFA deal is all they have to do now-but it doesn't mean they're incapable of doing something later.

But I know plenty of fans want something done now. The front office doesn't accede to your demands and as a matter of fact, each player will get their time. Jackson will get a long term deal, but I suspect the team has prioritized things like Unrestricted Free Agents and signing some in the first week of free agency above Fred. Sorry, but that life in the executive world. Not everyone gets what they want when they want it.

Don't read too much into this.

Ok...Thanks for clearing that up. I see where you are coming from. I hope you are right and they at least try to get him a long term deal at some point.