Don Banks of SI says Bills take Maybin

bananathumb

My biggest problem with this mock (in other words, the reason it loses legitimacy) is because he has Everette Brown being taken at #25 to the Dolphins. Yeah right, he's going to slide down to 25.

His other pick that seems off is Rey Maualuga going to the Browns at #5. There is a strong consensus that Rey's stock has dropped and I think Banks might be the only one who sees him as a top 10 pick. I'm not even sure I've seen him as a top 15 pick.

I guess one thing to do would be to look up last year's mocks and see who's mock was the best and then see what he's picking this year.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writ...x.html?bcnn=yes

For a lack of other choices, I can see this. Fewell wants a situation rusher.

He doesn't necessarily want a situational rusher, but he wouldn't be opposed to one. Common sense tells you that if theres a guy available who can play the run and rush the passer very well you take that guy.

I know some scouts are drooling over his first step and burst. But this pick would make me very nervous. I just have a feeling, that IF he becomes an effective player, that it won't be as a DE and it won't be in his first two years. If he plays DE, it looks to me that he would struggle initially against the run.

I'd rather have Everett.

Big Ten player at #11? No way, no how, no thank you.

I'd MUCH rather take B. Orakpo, B.J. Raji, E. Brown, T. Jackson, B. Cushing, R. Maualuga and probably a few others before I take another over-hyped Penn Stater. The saving grace for Poz is that he was taken in the second round. His lackluster performance so far can still be tolerated.