crabtree

billsyes

Wow,

That would be a bold and controversial move. You would take him over anyone who might be available?

What if (and I know this is very unlikely and hypothetical) B.J. Raji or Aaron Curry happened also to be there?

Regardless, this injury of Crabtree's really thickens the plot.

If Raji is there @ #11 along with Crabtree and Curry, I take Raji. I'd hate to pass up on either of the other two guys, but I think that Raji would impact our team more. If we didn't have Evans, I'd take Crabtree. I just think that Raji would be an instant starter that would have more of an overall effect on our team.

DT isnt that big of a need. that position drastically improved from 07 to 08. we have other bigger holes.

We know, we know Bucky, you want DHB for breakfast, lunch, and dinner <_< Seriously though, you can't say that Raji and Stroud wouldn't be more effective than Williams/Spencer and Stroud. Raji would be an upgrade that would have more of an impact for our team. Curry would be my second choice if all three of them were there @ #11. He would help the LB group immediately. Crabtree, although enticing, isn't as much of a need as the other two guys are for our team.

DT isnt that big of a need. that position drastically improved from 07 to 08. we have other bigger holes.

The Bills allowed right at 2,000 rushing yards, 4.3 yards per carry and 18 rushing TDs this season. As bad as that was, it was their best season against the run in the last four years. That's not all the fault of these DTs, but a DT is going to have more impact on their run defense than any other position. Besides, assuming that they dump McCargo at some point this offseason, they'll have only three DTs on the roster. They need to add at least one DT this offseason, if not two.

Granted, they don't have to draft one in the first round, but its something that should be considered depending upon the available players. The need is definitely there.

This is not a good thing for Buffalo. The Bills are not going to draft him even if he is on the board. What it will probably do is cause a team ahead of Buffalo to pick someone the Bills wanted. The Bills have many more glaring needs then at WR. The defensive front seven has holes all over it. DE needs to be addressed, DT is an area with room for improvement. So is LB. On offense TE or OL are a consideration. But i dont think you see Buffalo take another WR in the first. Now Seattle or Cincy may decide to pass on Crabtree and pick up one of those areas that the Bills need a player.

This is not a good thing for Buffalo. The Bills are not going to draft him even if he is on the board. What it will probably do is cause a team ahead of Buffalo to pick someone the Bills wanted. The Bills have many more glaring needs then at WR. The defensive front seven has holes all over it. DE needs to be addressed, DT is an area with room for improvement. So is LB. On offense TE or OL are a consideration. But i dont think you see Buffalo take another WR in the first. Now Seattle or Cincy may decide to pass on Crabtree and pick up one of those areas that the Bills need a player.

That is the reality of it, the Bills will still get a top 10 talent, but said player will be a WR and not DE/DT. Bad news Bills

Another bad thing for the Bills draft is the Andre Smith meltdown. He had attitude questions, decides not to work out, and then goes AWOL to a workout in Atlanta. He is almost assured of not going before the Bills pick meaning that someone else the Bills might covet will be gone.