why are fans excited about the draft

Poland

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm convinced you've never seen Marshawn run. You identify him as average because of his 4 yards per carry, so answer me this...is Kevin Faulk the best running back in the NFL?

Statistics should be used as a drunk uses a lightpost...for support, not enlightenment. Yards per carry tells about 10 percent of the story for a running back.

LOL

This entire conversation reminds me of the losman club.

Jp was going to be all pro, where is he now?

Were you one of those brilliant fans?

And what happens with these brillient fans?...no matter how many times these clowns are wrong they remain oblivious to it and just go on to the next episode of telling everyone how much they know.

I'll tell you outright that what you see with lynch is it, that's all,there's no hidden story as you suggest.

You just don't know how to spot a good running back.

Poland probably just got Tea Bagged by one of the older kids at school, probably one of the 8th graders, and now he is butt hurt about it...

I don't know about everyone here, but I'd say that most of us aren't familiar with your gay jargon.

And we don't share in your pedophile fantasies either.

Can't you locate another forum for that.

LOL

This entire conversation reminds me of the losman club.

Jp was going to be all pro, where is he now?

Were you one of those brilliant fans?

And what happens with these brillient fans?...no matter how many times these clowns are wrong they remain oblivious to it and just go on to the next episode of telling everyone how much they know.

I'll tell you outright that what you see with lynch is it, that's all,there's no hidden story as you suggest.

You just don't know how to spot a good running back.

So Lynch is the same story as Losman? Now I know you don't watch the games.

So in your opinion, do YOU know how to spot a good running back? You seem like such a football expert...which team do you scout for? Probably the Lions, I'd imagine.

So Lynch is the same story as Losman? Now I know you don't watch the games.

So in your opinion, do YOU know how to spot a good running back? You seem like such a football expert...which team do you scout for? Probably the Lions, I'd imagine.

Yeah this guy is too stupid to be real...I am starting to think its a regular poster on here who got bored and decided to mess with everyone by being the biggest jackass he could be and saying the stupidest things...

Is that you Skooby messing with everyone? lmao...

Poland, to answer your initial question, for me as a Bills fan and football fan I get excited about the draft every year because, 1) I want to see who the Bills will get, and 2) the NFL Draft is that big drink of water that football fans desire during the long and boring offseason.

One thing that I also wanted to point out to you Poland, is that I notice that you have a heavy emphasis on the Bills failure at drafting based solely on their 1st round picks. Granted the Bills have made mistakes with some of them and it is frustrating to see. Yet you should also look at the bigger picture by every player that is drafted. Yes the 1st round pick is the glamour pick, but the 2nd-7th round picks also have good players. Just look at some of the Bills players that were drafted in later rounds: Terrence McGee, Aaron Schobel, Angelo Crowell, Josh Reed, Brad Butler, & Kyle Williams. Let's not forget about the players on the Bills who were Undrafted Free Agents: Jason Peters, Jabari Greer, Fred Jackson, George Wilson, & John DiGiorgio. All of these players have been contributors to the Bills.

While it is likely that the Bills scouting department has made some major misses on the 1st round picks, they've done a pretty good job at finding players in the later rounds and players who were undrafted.

Also, while the drafting of a player is a science, it is also a crap-shoot. You never know what will happen. A 1st round pick could be out of football in 2 or 3 years and a 7th round pick or undrafted player could become an All-Pro.

I understand where you are coming from. Yet I disagree with you, in a way, because the draft is more than just who you are taking with the first pick.

If you look at the track record of the Bills draft with Modrak, it makes no sense for Bills fans to invest a whole lot of time discussing the draft.

Being that the Bills do a shoddy job of evaluating NFL free agents who have already spent years in the league, it's almost expected that they're not going to excel at projecting what college players will do in the NFL.

If they cannot gauge the ability of an NFL player how are they going to gauge they ability of a college player in the NFL?

And their track record shows exactly that, it sucks.

Worse yet they now have a guy in the gm role who has no business being there.

If this team happens upon a good 1st round pick this year it will be by pure accident because it's obvious by now that they don't have clue one.

if you feel that you need to even bring up such a stupid uneducated topic why dont you just go find another team. modrak has been great. has he missed on some players yes just like the rest of the league but his drafts have not been the problem.

his last 3 first round picks,whitner,lynch and mckelvin the all suck right get real.

you need to just go away bringing up such a stupid comment. i already have a boner about free agency and the draft if you dont go become a baseball fan or something.

if you feel that you need to even bring up such a stupid uneducated topic why dont you just go find another team. modrak has been great. has he missed on some players yes just like the rest of the league but his drafts have not been the problem.

his last 3 first round picks,whitner,lynch and mckelvin the all suck right get real.

you need to just go away bringing up such a stupid comment. i already have a boner about free agency and the draft if you dont go become a baseball fan or something.

Modrak has been great because of his last 3 1st round picks?

Whitner is great?

:sick:

Lynch is great?

:)

These are GREAT players in your mind and you call someone else stupid?

Poland, to answer your initial question, for me as a Bills fan and football fan I get excited about the draft every year because, 1) I want to see who the Bills will get, and 2) the NFL Draft is that big drink of water that football fans desire during the long and boring offseason.

One thing that I also wanted to point out to you Poland, is that I notice that you have a heavy emphasis on the Bills failure at drafting based solely on their 1st round picks. Granted the Bills have made mistakes with some of them and it is frustrating to see. Yet you should also look at the bigger picture by every player that is drafted. Yes the 1st round pick is the glamour pick, but the 2nd-7th round picks also have good players. Just look at some of the Bills players that were drafted in later rounds: Terrence McGee, Aaron Schobel, Angelo Crowell, Josh Reed, Brad Butler, & Kyle Williams. Let's not forget about the players on the Bills who were Undrafted Free Agents: Jason Peters, Jabari Greer, Fred Jackson, George Wilson, & John DiGiorgio. All of these players have been contributors to the Bills.

While it is likely that the Bills scouting department has made some major misses on the 1st round picks, they've done a pretty good job at finding players in the later rounds and players who were undrafted.

Also, while the drafting of a player is a science, it is also a crap-shoot. You never know what will happen. A 1st round pick could be out of football in 2 or 3 years and a 7th round pick or undrafted player could become an All-Pro.

I understand where you are coming from. Yet I disagree with you, in a way, because the draft is more than just who you are taking with the first pick.

Be reasonable I can't go into every pick they made, especially when I am tied up in pissing matches with these kids that are overly sensitive to every comment about the hero of their choosing.

You know that no matter what player I make a comment on I'd hear from one member or another who has a shrine built in his house.

Also I only made a rundown of 1st round picks in reply to alpharetard who started firing out a list of players that were taken before Modrak was even hired.

Had I been aware that he was brain damaged I would have never bothered to correct him on it.

So for now I'll just say...sure they find some good players, no team is going to miss on every pick, that would be impossble.

But overall they don't measure up and it shows on the feild.

If the Bills were as astute as you seem to say, they'd be a better team.

Poland, the amount of work you put into being a jackass takes real commitment and dedication, you must really get off on it...hey, whatever floats your boat...

You started this thread bashing first round picks...I misread your post to be pointed at the Bills in general, not just Modrak which is why I included Clements and Winfield. Its almost fascinating to see you alienate yourself so badly so fast...I actually find it entertaining to watch the utter nonsense unfold on here...its like a bad train wreck and cant look away.

Your so called "anlaysis" of our drafts is so stupid its barely worth rehashing with you. The most comical thing I have ever seen on this board is you refer to your self as an NFL expert.

The best part is that I have said you have thoroughly convinced me that you are no older than 16 based on your childish, "my mother didnt hug me enough" antics you have taken on this board and you have never denied it. Im sorry the older 8th graders beat you up at lunch time, but no need to try and prop yourself up here...

Word of advice...NO ONE on this board will ever take you seriously given your start out here and insanse analysis...you would be better off starting a new screen name...heres some help for you "Poland was conquered", "Poledme", "Someone hug me", or "Im not Poland"