People SUCK

mcjeff215

Unless they have a 3 ton floor jack in the back of their vehicle... Not much. This does point out how freaking usless OEM jacks that come with a vehicle are.

Not to mention the useless lug wrenches they provide. Had a flat one and some yahoo at the tire shop over torqued the lugs. Tried to use the stubby useless oem lug wrench - was actually jumping on it (probably not the smartest action). Couldn't move the lugs. Fortunately I had triple A. Dude with a compressor and air wrench showed up and even he had trouble.

I had a crack in my windshield (which started from a "star" crack) for years because I drive on the highway to get to work and get debris hitting my windshield all the time. So I finally decided to get it replaced. And wouldn't you know it, but I got a "star" crack just a couple days after. However this time I'm going to get it filled before it extends.

Speaking of which, is there any windshield crack repair product that works well?

So I was driving home today and as I switched lanes a piece of metal came hopping down the road. I ran over it. Back right tire blew right out. I don't even have 2,000 on the brand new truck. I stopped to change the tire.

Some dumb sh*t stopped to help... FOR $20!! When I told him I've got it, he got back in the car and just left! Can you freaking believe that?

Halfway home I realized I also had a flat tire in *front* as well. Two flat tires. Month old truck. Awesome.

Sorry about your truck. Concerning Mr. Good $amaritan....things have a way of coming back, full circle. Not much consolation, I know, but one of these days, he will find himself in a similar situation. The world has a way of balancing these things out.

All the best.

Plug kits don't help if you can't re-inflate the tires.

My effing Ford Focus has had two front window replacements from little stones popping up from the road. <_<

Forgot to mention... In my cars I have a compressor (portable in my wife's)... The Jeep actually has one that I built in... It can control the air lockers (locking diffs, front and rear) and it can also air up tires (after airing down for certain off-road adventures like sand)... Oh... It is really handy at inflating stuff like rafts and snow tubes!

:(:w00t:

Not to mention the useless lug wrenches they provide. Had a flat one and some yahoo at the tire shop over torqued the lugs. Tried to use the stubby useless oem lug wrench - was actually jumping on it (probably not the smartest action). Couldn't move the lugs. Fortunately I had triple A. Dude with a compressor and air wrench showed up and even he had trouble.

I carry a speed wrench in the vehicles... The "star" kind... Except that it collapses down to stow easier... Also, forget about the bottle jack they give you on large SUV's with bigger tires... I use a Hi-Lift (be careful with it) on the Jeep and have a small floor jack in a case for my other vehicle.

Also... ALWAYS carry a small piece of pipe to fit over the wrench in case you have to use the OEM wrench... The mechanical advantage you get will even let a woman in high heels break loose a lug nut! <_< Works nice as a weapon in a pinch!

If all else fails call roadside assistance! :(:w00t:

None... I did get it to stop the spreading and dirt from getting in the crack... It did lessen the look too!

That's what I'm looking for, i.e. to stop the spreading and lessening the look. What's the name of the product?

That's what I'm looking for, i.e. to stop the spreading and lessening the look. What's the name of the product?

I think if you go to AutoZone they have kits available... The fancy ones have the suction cup thingy that will inject the resin. I watched one time the glass guy di it and he used a small Dremel tool to slighly clean the hole of the star.

It really does lessen and stop the spreading... Depends on the type of damage with regards to how much will dissappear... I got the star to fade a little!

Oh.. The kits also have these curing strips that you put on and let stand in the sun... The professional will use a UV light to get the curing done in the shop.