What the Bills Need the Most......

Kenwick

What the Buffalo Bills need the most going into Free Agency and the Draft is one thing.....

That is to make better decisions on selecting talent in both F. A. and the draft. The inner circle that we have been hearing about now has Mr. Wilson, his daughter (a scout), Mr. Littmann (the teams finance man) and Russ Brandon the GM, (his expertise is Marketing and not football talent) in charge of all the franchise decision making. Just this year we have found out that Mr. Wilson is really upset with the lack of talent on this team. He made the decision to bring back all the coaches like it or not. He also decided to finally bring into the inner circle Tom Modrak, to be charge of on field football operations selecting talent in F. A. and the draft. What will most likely happen is that Mr. Wilson will again make the final decision as to who the Bills draft in the first two rounds and leave the rest up to Tom Modrak having the final say. As to free agency Mr. Wilson will leave those final decisions I believe up to Mr. Littmman and Tom Modrak. Mr. Littmann will inform Mr. Modrak if we can afford certain players. The pocketbook comes first and foremost.

This leaves me to ponder what Mr. Wilson will want to do in the draft. He stated he wants a lot more offense. I believe if TE Pettigrew has good numbers in the combine he will be Mr. Wilsons selection. Pettigrew has it all going for him except speed. He is only average there. He has however great ability separating from his defensive man. He showed this in college along with his other attributes. In Round 2, the Bills need a DE and I believe Mr. Wilson will go in that direction. This is just my opinion however based on past experience. If however he keeps his hands totally out of the draft and lets Tom Modrak take over I think we will end up having a really good over all draft....... It is all in the decision making of the real football people who know talent. Why have someone who knows talent, always take the back seat like we have seen over the years? The scouting department has looked pretty bad over the last few years because they are not the ones making the final decisions. Hopefully this year they will........ Then the Bills will rock and roll the way we want them to ..... it would be a real beginning.....and a change from previous years .

Mr. Kenwick: What I HOPE that Mr. Wilson wants is some semblence of a pass rush. Without that, we continue to struggle. My guess: LDE in round #1, TE in Round #2. OLB and #2 WR in free agency, and maybe even a center? Actually, those 5 positions in either FA or the draft w/b a GREAT off season. Hey, we can dream, no?.....

What the Buffalo Bills need the most going into Free Agency and the Draft is one thing.....

That is to make better decisions on selecting talent in both F. A. and the draft. The inner circle that we have been hearing about now has Mr. Wilson, his daughter (a scout), Mr. Littmann (the teams finance man) and Russ Brandon the GM, (his expertise is Marketing and not football talent) in charge of all the franchise decision making. Just this year we have found out that Mr. Wilson is really upset with the lack of talent on this team. He made the decision to bring back all the coaches like it or not. He also decided to finally bring into the inner circle Tom Modrak, to be charge of on field football operations selecting talent in F. A. and the draft. What will most likely happen is that Mr. Wilson will again make the final decision as to who the Bills draft in the first two rounds and leave the rest up to Tom Modrak having the final say. As to free agency Mr. Wilson will leave those final decisions I believe up to Mr. Littmman and Tom Modrak. Mr. Littmann will inform Mr. Modrak if we can afford certain players. The pocketbook comes first and foremost.

This leaves me to ponder what Mr. Wilson will want to do in the draft. He stated he wants a lot more offense. I believe if TE Pettigrew has good numbers in the combine he will be Mr. Wilsons selection. Pettigrew has it all going for him except speed. He is only average there. He has however great ability separating from his defensive man. He showed this in college along with his other attributes. In Round 2, the Bills need a DE and I believe Mr. Wilson will go in that direction. This is just my opinion however based on past experience. If however he keeps his hands totally out of the draft and lets Tom Modrak take over I think we will end up having a really good over all draft....... It is all in the decision making of the real football people who know talent. Why have someone who knows talent, always take the back seat like we have seen over the years? The scouting department has looked pretty bad over the last few years because they are not the ones making the final decisions. Hopefully this year they will........ Then the Bills will rock and roll the way we want them to ..... it would be a real beginning.....and a change from previous years .

Will someone please correct me if im wrong?!! These are the basic facts on Tom Modrak; #1) Modrak is allowed to live in Jacksonville Florida and does not reside in Upstate NY, Is this some hidden advantage to a business (as the Bills are) ? Allowing someone with alot of the team control to reside in a different part of the country lends itself to problems, PERIOD! They are not in the day to day loop of the organization. Do you conduct job interviews by phone-no reputable company does you need face to face contact to be accurate on whats happening and up to speed on the daily events that help your company. #2) Name the great drafts we have had in the past; lets see Bill Polian did a great job, now with the Colts and John Butler also had better drafts and FA pickups. BOTTOM LINE: Since Modrak has been around the last ten years we are now setting a record for missing playoffs. Accoring to you lets wait and give the one guy who should be getting a pink slip, and eating oranges down in Florida, more power-WONDERFUL.

What the Bills need most ...is to be able to beat the teams in the division, Patriots,Jets and Dolphins twice a year to be successful.

What the Bills need most ...is a real president, not an owner who likes to have his hand in everything because he doesn't trust the people he hired to run his franchise, Wilson kinda reminds me of Al Davis at times.

What the Bills need most... is a General Manager, someone like Bill Polian who is smart enough to evaluate talent properly and knows how to build a team through the draft like the Steelers have done for so many years.

What the Bills need most ...is an offensive coordinator who doesn't panic during games and isn't afraid to stop throwing the ball and use a power running game.

What the Bills need most...is a head coach who is smart enough to build an innovative defense or offense,not use dying schemes that other NFL teams have moved away from because they don't work very well anymore.

Will someone please correct me if im wrong?!! These are the basic facts on Tom Modrak; #1) Modrak is allowed to live in Jacksonville Florida and does not reside in Upstate NY, Is this some hidden advantage to a business (as the Bills are) ? Allowing someone with alot of the team control to reside in a different part of the country lends itself to problems, PERIOD! They are not in the day to day loop of the organization. Do you conduct job interviews by phone-no reputable company does you need face to face contact to be accurate on whats happening and up to speed on the daily events that help your company. #2) Name the great drafts we have had in the past; lets see Bill Polian did a great job, now with the Colts and John Butler also had better drafts and FA pickups. BOTTOM LINE: Since Modrak has been around the last ten years we are now setting a record for missing playoffs. Accoring to you lets wait and give the one guy who should be getting a pink slip, and eating oranges down in Florida, more power-WONDERFUL.

As explained above, you can't blame Modrak, since he has had little day-to-day power.

Modrak comes to Buffalo for all the time when the scouts gather and evaluate together. For the rest of the time you don't really need to be in the loop, as the scouts are all out scouting. Modrak gets their reports. Probably this is a minor handicap, but if Modrak is a spectacular talent evaluator as many of us think, and if he suddenly has more power than he had before, this is a very good thing.

That is to make better decisions on selecting talent in both F. A. and the draft.....

It is all in the decision making of the real football people who know talent. Why have someone who knows talent, always take the back seat like we have seen over the years? The scouting department has looked pretty bad over the last few years because they are not the ones making the final decisions. Hopefully this year they will........ Then the Bills will rock and roll the way we want them to ..... it would be a real beginning.....and a change from previous years .

And somehow, the players will coach themselves into the playoffs?

The Bills have Evans, Lynch, Stroud, Poz, Mitchell, McKelvin and the biggest OL in the NFL. The Bills also have a HC with an 87.5% yearly losing record and who, after 8 years at that position, regressed to the point where he was eviscerated for bone headed play calling and kindergarten clock management. But the problem is the players?

Maybe it's me, but I think that if players are coached poorly, even very good players, you are more likely to get bad results than good ones. I fail to see how this consistently losing coach is going to somehow, miraculously turn thing around in his 9th year when he failed to so so in his 6th, 7th AND 8th (not to mention the other 4 losing seasons).

I would like nothing more than to be proven wrong. But eye don theen so, Ceesco.

The Bills have Evans, Lynch, Stroud, Poz, Mitchell, McKelvin and the biggest OL in the NFL. The Bills also have a HC with an 87.5% yearly losing record and who, after 8 years at that position, regressed to the point where he was eviscerated for bone headed play calling and kindergarten clock management. But the problem is the players?

Maybe it's me, but I think that if players are coached poorly, even very good players, you are more likely to get bad results than good ones. I fail to see how this consistently losing coach is going to somehow, miraculously turn thing around in his 9th year when he failed to so so in his 6th, 7th AND 8th (not to mention the other 4 losing seasons).

I would like nothing more than to be proven wrong. But eye don theen so, Ceesco.

Seems like you really can't get that fact through to some on this board,they blame the players, the QB mostly. This Franchise has had bad coaching for so long that most think that any coach can "coach", not true. The difference between Belichick and Jauron is enormous, I see it every time the Bills play the Patriots.Belichick actually trained Josh McDaniels to run that offense after Charlie Weiss left the Pats,that is pretty amazing.

Jauron is well liked by his players because he was player and knows the ins and outs of being a head coach,he can talk the talk but fails at the walk. He prepares his team the best he can, but its not nearly good enough to win consistently.

The rest of the AFC east knows exactly what to expect the bills to do on offense and defense, the Bills simply aren't innovative and won't out think any teams in the division. When the Bills lose next season expect to hear more about how they lack talent at this position or that position, but I think the real place they are lacking talent is in the coaching.

And a weak front 7 exc for Stroud. That and mediocre head coaching = mediocrity.

When was the last time Buffalo ever had a coordinator up for a potential HC job? Or the last time a position coach became a coordinator? I can't recall one.

The story on DJ is the people he hires. He's been through 2 DC's and 4 OC's through 8 seasons of being a NFL HC. None of them are or ever will be considered great legacies in NFL circles.

Buffalo certainly needs upgrades at C, TE, DE, and OLB, but with that schedule last year finishing 7-9 is like going 5-11 against a tough schedule.

The old adage, "On any given Sunday any team can win" is pure BS, tell that to the 08 Lions :lol:

Granted a football is an oblong spheroid and can bounce in any direction,plus the fact that lady luck can step in and change things at any moment. The simple fact is, no matter how many great players the Bills have on the roster they won't win consistently with the coaching staff they currently have.

It comes down to the X's and O's and not the Jimmy's and the Joe's, as much as I can't stand Bill Belichick, I also can't help but admire what the guy can accomplish with any player, on any Sunday.

Look at those Patriots for 08 season, they lose the starting QB for the entire season and that QB happens to be one of the best ever, and they still finish with a winning record. They started a player at QB that hadn't played football since high school and he ends up getting a 14 million dollar franchise tag, anyone else but me amazed by that fact ?

They lose the starting RB and 2 back ups and still manage to beat Buffalo with a 4th string RB who rushes for over 100 yards, unfreakin real.

I'm not saying I dislike Dick Jauron as a person, I'm saying I can't stand him as a head coach. The biggest difference between him and Marv Levy, is that Marv was smart enough to being in someone who could actually build a winning offense.

When was the last time Buffalo ever had a coordinator up for a potential HC job? Or the last time a position coach became a coordinator? I can't recall one.

The story on DJ is the people he hires. He's been through 2 DC's and 4 OC's through 8 seasons of being a NFL HC. None of them are or ever will be considered great legacies in NFL circles.

Buffalo certainly needs upgrades at C, TE, DE, and OLB, but with that schedule last year finishing 7-9 is like going 5-11 against a tough schedule.

You mean for another team right? I believe It was when the Bills OC, Ted Marchibroda was hired away from Buffalo to be the head coach of the Indianapolis Colts back in 92,the Bills still managed to get to two super bowls after he left, but that was because he had trained Kelly to call his own plays. Man I miss Ted Marchibroda. :lol: