Jabari Greer Not even mentioned

ganesh

Regardless, offenses these days line up in multiple wide receiver sets on more than 50% of snaps. So you need to have at least three good, dependable cornerbacks.

If only we could be assured that Yobouty could stay healthy...or that Reggie Corner will build on his promising rookie glimpses. It's a calculated risk that the Bills might take.

Absolutely right, outstanding point. The biggest problem is that very few teams are willing to invest the money and/or draft picks into 3 starting-caliber cornerbacks.

I think based on the fact that he has publicly stated that he wants to be here and that the team is in decent shape where they don't HAVE to sign or draft somebody right away, it makes tons of sense to make every effort to try to sign Greer to a reasonably affordable contract. If they can't do that, I would actually like to see the front office make an attempt to lock in McGee long term.

How can anyone accurately assess how good the corners on this team are? They play a mile back and quarterbacks have all day to throw because trere is no pass rush. MaGee is faster than Greer, so he would appear to be more suited to man coverage, but what else do we know?

The corner situation is fine whether or not Greer leaves. None of this matters when your line can't rush the passer or even stop the run for that matter. This is what happens when you build a team ass backwards.

I think that we could keep all 3 if we needed to...but not if Greer pulls in $6 million a year. It would be wise to hang on to both Greer and McGee, with the Patriots in our division, but it looks as though we'd have three starters, so it just won't work.

How can anyone accurately assess how good the corners on this team are? They play a mile back and quarterbacks have all day to throw because trere is no pass rush. MaGee is faster than Greer, so he would appear to be more suited to man coverage, but what else do we know?

The corner situation is fine whether or not Greer leaves. None of this matters when your line can't rush the passer or even stop the run for that matter. This is what happens when you build a team ass backwards.

Geez Bill you're usually more knowlegable and less negative, take it easy.

From watching the games, I like all three of the our top cornerbacks. McGee had one bad game...the one where he came back from his injury too soon and was torched by Ted Ginn. Otherwise he and Greer looked good to me. McKelvin really came on at the end with two picks for TDs (one was called back on a penalty away from the play). For that matter so did Yobouty before he was injured and Corner towards the end of the season.

Statistically (because that's the only other tool we have) the Bills ranked 13th in the league in passing yardage allowed, 17th in opponents passer rating, and 18th in opponents completion percentage. As you pointed out this was done without much of a pass rush. Those are good numbers for a team which can't pressure the passer. I would surmise that the Bills will have a good pass defense if they can improve their pass rush and that our takeaway numbers will improve also.