IF (and I say IF) the Lynch Rumor is True

/dev/null

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact of the matter is that none of us know the whole story. Lynch's attorney has already thrown out the possibility that

A. The gun wasn't his

B. The gun was actually in the trunk

Now, that could just be an attorney throwing things out there on behalf of his client. However, I honestly want to find out more about the situation before I pass judgment. There are many questions that need to be answered...

Was the gun his?

Did he have a license/permit for it?

Where was the gun located?

Why did the police approach the car -- and decide to search it?

Assuming it was his, why did he have a loaded gun in his possession?

I don't want to fault the police, because for all we know, Lynch and his buddies were creating a public disturbance -- and the police may very well have had probable cause to search the vehicle. I also don't want to jump the gun criticizing Lynch (even for using poor judgment), if he did just happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Like I said, we really need to hear the facts of the case -- in their totality.

This is all that needs to be said about this thread. Everything else is unwarranted speculation before the facts are found. End of discussion right here. Keep moving everyone.

Do we start thinking of Knoshawn Moreno or Beanie Wells at #11?

We can think about it... That's ok... Once we find out the out come of this latest event with Lynch the Bills may decide to do nothing.

They may decide to get a F.A. or draft another running back which they may do anyway. Oman may have been a bust. He did not look particularly fast when he did get in the little he did. It may be too soon to actually tell. The Bills have so freakin many needs no one, even themselves know what is going to happen in F. A. or the draft. Remember, we do not have a football person in charge of acquiring talent who has the final word. Mr. Wilson has that power over the first two picks in the draft for years now.... You can see where that has gotten us. Out of the playoffs for what, 10 years now???

Do we start thinking of Knoshawn Moreno or Beanie Wells at #11?

No. This team uses too many first round picks on RBs (short careers) and on DBs (almost all of whom go first contract and out). Even in the highly unlikely scenario Lynch never plays another down of football for the Bills again, there are plenty of other needs on this team. Our first round pick should be used on one of those needs.

Holy F is GripnRip an idiot. So basically, what you're saying is that we shouldn't have laws and rules? And that you're such a homer that what he did is something you're OK with? And the racial blast, like somehow the concealed weapon law is only used against blacks is retarded, frankly.

There is one thing I will never ever do and that's stand being a childish, multi-millionaire athelete who thinks the rules don't apply to him. The guy knows the rules, or if he doesn't, he's a moron.

I'll say this. I'm a die-hard Bills fan, and was a season ticket holder the last couple seasons. But I hope he gets what he has coming to him, I really do. The hit and run was bad enough and everyone thought the guy made a single bad mistake. But this is now a trend of stupid behavior from an obviously ignorant person.

A+

Thank you for having some intelligence.

your a complete jack ass for that comment...so what if it was his yea so he protected his self from !@#$s like you from being jealous of what he has (I.E. money) nobody wants another sean taylor situation. He wasn't waving it or talking reckless with it, hell it might not be his but all that talking your doing is ignorance you should be ashamed of yourself...dont ever assume anything because if your wrong you look foolish...grow up.... :censored:

Learn the difference between the words your and you're before you call anyone a jackass.

Go pick up a 3rd grade spelling book.

And learn to put the law before your worship of jocks before you tell anyone to grow up.

This person you are insulting obviously possesses far more intelligence than you do.

Indeed! You realize Taylor died because all he had to defednd himself from 2 tough guys actually carrying weapons on them and intending to do harm, is a machete?

The question is, where did you come from?

Look, let me put this in a way that both you and your challenged friend beastmode23 might understand.

I have nothing against a man keeping a gun in HIS HOUSE to defend against someone entering HIS HOUSE meaning to do harm to him, his family or his property. If I killed an intruder to save me and mine, I would gladly serve time for my weapons charge.

But (stay with me here, cuz I'm shifting gears a bit), Mr. Lynch was cruising around with two pals with a loaded gun IN THE TRUNK of their car. No one was threatening their good time that night. There were no known death threats made against Mr. Lynch.

By your estimation, we all should be armed at all times, because heck knows we can be attacked---all of us, ANYWHERE, at ANY TIME.

It's like this, boys: the State of California has decided that it is a felony to carry a concealed unlicensed gun. Mr. Lynch, being a native, knows this--yet given the choice (it's a free country) he chose to break the law instead of obeying it. Why would you give a F-ing football player--some dumb jock who laughs at how you have to make a living---a break that you would never be offered?

Look, let me put this in a way that both you and your challenged friend beastmode23 might understand.

I have nothing against a man keeping a gun in HIS HOUSE to defend against someone entering HIS HOUSE meaning to do harm to him, his family or his property. If I killed an intruder to save me and mine, I would gladly serve time for my weapons charge.

But (stay with me here, cuz I'm shifting gears a bit), Mr. Lynch was cruising around with two pals with a loaded gun IN THE TRUNK of their car. No one was threatening their good time that night. There were no known death threats made against Mr. Lynch.

By your estimation, we all should be armed at all times, because heck knows we can be attacked---all of us, ANYWHERE, at ANY TIME.

It's like this, boys: the State of California has decided that it is a felony to carry a concealed unlicensed gun. Mr. Lynch, being a native, knows this--yet given the choice (it's a free country) he chose to break the law instead of obeying it. Why would you give a F-ing football player--some dumb jock who laughs at how you have to make a living---a break that you would never be offered?

You do realize that a good number of pro athletes in ALL the major pro sports have guns, right? Are they all thugs waiting to "bust a cap" in someone's ass? Are they all stupid? Paranoid? This isn't some nobody on a message board we're talking about here; this is a wealthy, famous, professional athlete. Look at what happened to Michael Irvin a few months back. If one of the guys in the other car hadn't been a Cowboys fan, he would have been robbed and possibly could have been killed.

Do you know for a fact that Marshawn has never received death threats? Or just because you haven't heard about it, it's never happened? This is a world that neither you nor I know, so stop pretending like you do.

Look, I'm not happy he was caught with a loaded gun in the trunk of his car. It's an embarrassing incident at best, and takes him off the field at worst. But I highly doubt he was getting ready to gun someone down, and this isn't the world of "Minority Report."

Furthermore, laws aren't enforced in a vacuum. A violent repeat offender would have the book thrown at him, while you (I assume you aren't a violent criminal) or I would get what Lynch will probably get, which is charged with a misdemeanor, like Tank Johnson was (but then he proceeded to violate parole and was arrested). Maybe his lawyer can get him off on a technicality, just as my or your lawyer would try to do. However I'll bet anything that he won't be charged with a felony, despite what some may think of him "getting away" with hit and run last year.

Who cares if he had a gun? He didn't shoot anybody with it, he wasn't waiving it around in public or shooting himself in a nightclub. This event does absolutely nothing to tarnish my image of Marshawn Lynch.

It's a sad fact that our country is so proud to own guns, as long as it's white people that own them.

your an ass................its not that white people own guns ..its carry registered guns and obey the law.....whatever state you live in you abide by its laws weather you agree with them or not.........this makes people who obey the gun laws look bad........................go bills in"2012

only if you think its OK for police officers to search the car of 4 people minding their own business and not causing any trouble because they are black and were driving a mercedes benz...

the DA will get absolutely embarrassed in court by Lynch's attorneys if they decide to go to trial...

only if you think its OK for police officers to search the car of 4 people minding their own business and not causing any trouble because they are black and were driving a mercedes benz...

the DA will get absolutely embarrassed in court by Lynch's attorneys if they decide to go to trial...

Wow. Hope the DA reads your post and saves himself the trouble. You seem to know something he does not. Can you share it here?

Wtf is this mental slop?

What do you do just sit around making this crap up to present it as factual?