GALLBLADDER IS REMOVED!!!

NavyBillsFan

Well, it was a crazy past 10 days. I had another attack last Monday and the Portsmouth Naval Hospital put me right in a room. They would not cut me right open due to possible infection. So.... I layed in bed until Friday morning. They came in and took me down to the OR. I was so doped up that I hardly remember anything at all.

Operation did not go very smooth. I was under for 8 hours with 2 procedures having to be done by two different surgeons. I woke up about 5 in the afternoon and WHAT A MESS! I got the little cuts but the dumb ass doc cut the bladder way too high and spilled bile and stones out inside of me. So they had to call a second crew in to "clean me out". I guess the doc said it was the AIF team "anti infectionous site team" Well, I woke up to one of those drainage tubes handing out of me. Not fun! The doc came in the second day of recovery and took it out. Didnt hurt until the end of the drainage filter popped out.

So now im home recovering. Still cant lay down or lay in bed at all but getting better by the day thank God!

Thanks to everyone here who messaged me when I asked about the operation. Made it a ton better knowning what was going to happen next!

Well, it was a crazy past 10 days. I had another attack last Monday and the Portsmouth Naval Hospital put me right in a room. They would not cut me right open due to possible infection. So.... I layed in bed until Friday morning. They came in and took me down to the OR. I was so doped up that I hardly remember anything at all.

Operation did not go very smooth. I was under for 8 hours with 2 procedures having to be done by two different surgeons. I woke up about 5 in the afternoon and WHAT A MESS! I got the little cuts but the dumb ass doc cut the bladder way too high and spilled bile and stones out inside of me. So they had to call a second crew in to "clean me out". I guess the doc said it was the AIF team "anti infectionous site team" Well, I woke up to one of those drainage tubes handing out of me. Not fun! The doc came in the second day of recovery and took it out. Didnt hurt until the end of the drainage filter popped out.

So now im home recovering. Still cant lay down or lay in bed at all but getting better by the day thank God!

Thanks to everyone here who messaged me when I asked about the operation. Made it a ton better knowning what was going to happen next!

Very glad to hear that all is well despite the stupidity of the first doctor. He may not have cut too much off it might just be you're full of it. :(

Do you sleep standing up?!

Did they give you the stones in a jar to take home? If they did, try selling them on eBay. :(

Hey NavyBF ... glad to hear you are on the mend. Too bad it has been a hard road.

I learned a couple of years ago that no surgery is "routine." had my tonsils out ... 10 days after operation (supposed to "be out of the woods" at this point) started bleeding in my throat ... lost half the blood in my body had to go back into OR before they got it under control. My wife probably had the worst of it though because I kept going in and out of consciousness due to blood loss. I really don't recall much ... other than being pissed that they had to cut my favorite SU sweatshirt off of me and at one point when blacked out I pissed all over myself .. fun stuff

Anyway .. be well .. give a couple of extra hugs to family and friends each day going forward.

Hey NavyBF ... glad to hear you are on the mend. Too bad it has been a hard road.

I learned a couple of years ago that no surgery is "routine." had my tonsils out ... 10 days after operation (supposed to "be out of the woods" at this point) started bleeding in my throat ... lost half the blood in my body had to go back into OR before they got it under control. My wife probably had the worst of it though because I kept going in and out of consciousness due to blood loss. I really don't recall much ... other than being pissed that they had to cut my favorite SU sweatshirt off of me and at one point when blacked out I pissed all over myself .. fun stuff

Anyway .. be well .. give a couple of extra hugs to family and friends each day going forward.

Man you must have been really pissed off!!

Best wishes on a speedy recovery! ;)