Ghost Hunters International

slothrop

I watched this show the other day called Ghost Hunters International where a team of Americans "investigate" old buildings in South America and Europe. They use fancy cameras and digital records. Essentially they wander around asking empty rooms questions like, "what is your name and how did you die?" Then they get these faint "voices" on the recorders and call it evidence of supernatural activity.

Aside from all the other reasons to not believe this crap about ghosts, why are these old foreign ghosts replying to "ghost hunters'" questions asked in English?!!!

Thsi was just on my mind while I was bored here at work.

I watched this show the other day called Ghost Hunters International where a team of Americans "investigate" old buildings in South America and Europe. They use fancy cameras and digital records. Essentially they wander around asking empty rooms questions like, "what is your name and how did you die?" Then they get these faint "voices" on the recorders and call it evidence of supernatural activity.

Aside from all the other reasons to not believe this crap about ghosts, why are these old foreign ghosts replying to "ghost hunters'" questions asked in English?!!!

Even ghosts want their 15 minutes of fame?

You must be really bored ...

Sounds like BS to me ... hope my wife does not watch because that kind of stuff freaks her out ... she'll start waking me up in the middle of the night believing that "she heard something"

You must be really bored ...

Sounds like BS to me ... hope my wife does not watch because that kind of stuff freaks her out ... she'll start waking me up in the middle of the night believing that "she heard something"

you have no idea how bored.

how about this thought - ghosts can't exist because the math does not work. How many humans have inhabited the earth since the first ape morphed into a human? A trillion, 10 trillion? i don't know, but a whole bunch. So, that means there could be trillions of ghosts roaming the streets. Why haven't I seen one? It would seem to me we would be bumping into them all over the place, like Times Square during rush hour.

The original ghost hunters have been on for years now. International is a spin off of the original. The original is much better. Asking questions is just some simple EVP work. Sometimes they get hits, the majority of times they don't. Deny it all you want, but there's a lot of sh-- on the show that you simply cannot explain. The original has gotten a ton of unexplainable evidence over the years, and they are pretty thorough about debunking it. IR images of figures where no one is. Things on camera moving. Unexplained noises. They've interacted with the ghosts and gotten intelligent responses. They've gotten the EVPs. There's also been plenty of cases where they have debunked something "paranormal" as simply tricks or something natural.

how about this thought - ghosts can't exist because the math does not work. How many humans have inhabited the earth since the first ape morphed into a human? A trillion, 10 trillion? i don't know, but a whole bunch. So, that means there could be trillions of ghosts roaming the streets. Why haven't I seen one? It would seem to me we would be bumping into them all over the place, like Times Square during rush hour.

Have you ever noticed ghosts always occupy neat Victorian era mansions, or Scottish castles? I guess the after life is just like real estate-location,location.

You have to go into the show with an open mind. If you go in thinking everything they do is stupid and unrealistic, of course you're not going to like the show. It's actually very interesting, IMO. Also, you can't judge the show just on one episode. They do many many investigations, but they only show the better ones on TV because they are the most interesting ones. On the International version, they've gotten hits on the EVP in many other languages than just English. One of the investigators knows a few languages if I remember correctly.

BTW, they don't just investigate large castles and old Victorian places. The only reason they do it on the International version is because they want to hit the most interesting spots. In the original Ghost Hunters show, they do many residential homes and areas. I find their type of investigating much more realistic than other shows on TV, such as Paranormal State on A & E and whatever else is out there. They try to "debunk" phenomenon before they call it paranormal. If you watch the show more regularly, you will notice that they barely ever claim a place haunted. Jason and Grant will say a place has "paranormal activity" which just means that they can't explain what caused it. It takes exceptional evidence for them to say something "haunted".

If you ever want to give it another shot, they investigated a few Buffalo hot spots. They did the Iron Island Museum as well as the Buffalo Central Terminal.

You have to go into the show with an open mind. If you go in thinking everything they do is stupid and unrealistic, of course you're not going to like the show. It's actually very interesting, IMO. Also, you can't judge the show just on one episode. They do many many investigations, but they only show the better ones on TV because they are the most interesting ones. On the International version, they've gotten hits on the EVP in many other languages than just English. One of the investigators knows a few languages if I remember correctly.

BTW, they don't just investigate large castles and old Victorian places. The only reason they do it on the International version is because they want to hit the most interesting spots. In the original Ghost Hunters show, they do many residential homes and areas. I find their type of investigating much more realistic than other shows on TV, such as Paranormal State on A & E and whatever else is out there. They try to "debunk" phenomenon before they call it paranormal. If you watch the show more regularly, you will notice that they barely ever claim a place haunted. Jason and Grant will say a place has "paranormal activity" which just means that they can't explain what caused it. It takes exceptional evidence for them to say something "haunted".

If you ever want to give it another shot, they investigated a few Buffalo hot spots. They did the Iron Island Museum as well as the Buffalo Central Terminal.

What is the iron island museum? I lived in Buffalo 20 years and that is not clicking.

If they've been dead for hundreds of years, they've had plenty of time to learn new skills.

:thumbsup:

Ghosts are people who don't want to go into the light. They are either scared or want to get a message out. I've never seen one but I 95% believe in them. Once again it's a phenomenon that is way over reported.

The thing I hate about those shows is the constant "Shhh, Shhhs" That you hear over the supposed ghost sounds. Show me the taping without any discussion or them using sign language with subtitles while they record. If you don't have a DVR that allows you to rewind then you'll never hear what they are Shhhing over and even when rewound you can't hear it most of the time. The constant whispering is really annoying, as are the night vision cameras. Keep perfectly silent and make the place completely dark and I'll watch the show.

They should put a night vision camera on the people on then a camera pointed into the dark with a high speed camera also pointing into the dark. That would be interesting.

I won't watch them now.

:thumbsup:

Ghosts are people who don't want to go into the light. They are either scared or want to get a message out. I've never seen one but I 95% believe in them. Once again it's a phenomenon that is way over reported.

What ghost told you this?

Asking questions is just some simple EVP work. Sometimes they get hits, the majority of times they don't.

But to the original point - assuming you want to talk to a ghost in Peru, why would you ask the question in English? And why would the ghost respond to an English question? It seems a bit foolish.

I was channel surfing last night and the guy says..."Whats that?" and starts running....."I swore I saw someone standing right here!"....I started laughing and called BS. It will come out it will be like the $64,000 question quiz show, and WWF. Made up for your entertainment.

I was channel surfing last night and the guy says..."Whats that?" and starts running....."I swore I saw someone standing right here!"....I started laughing and called BS. It will come out it will be like the $64,000 question quiz show, and WWF. Made up for your entertainment.

The name of the show should be "What's That!"

The only "ghost" show I watch is the original Ghost Hunters with Jason and Grant. They have caught some crazy footage over the years and have a much different midset that most of the other "hunters" out there. They go in to try to disprove hauntings...

It pulls in ratings and sponsors for Sci Fi. Everything else is up for debate.