Browns are trying to trade Derek Anderson

bananathumb

I think he'd be the solid backup QB we are looking for and would give up a player like Whitner or McGee (assuming we had re-signed Greer) or a 3rd rounder, maybe even Peters straight up, if it's true that he is dogging it because of the contract.

we are not going to pay the browns or anderson. the cost of the trade and andersons salery make this idea a very bad one. besides that anderson is going to want to be a starter.

we need an older expiranced vet who can come in and play a game or 2 if need be.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the Browns are thinking of CUTTING Anderson if they cant trade him. Read an article on cnnsi.com just now that speculated on the Jets interest in Anderson once he is CUT by Browns...

We must give him a serious look or even make him our prime target as a backup if he is cut and we can sign him to a more appropriate deal. I just dont see anyone else out there who would be a better option. He could push Trent for the job or possibly give us some insurance if Trent doesnt progress this year.

Looks like the Browns are thinking of CUTTING Anderson if they cant trade him. Read an article on cnnsi.com just now that speculated on the Jets interest in Anderson once he is CUT by Browns...

We must give him a serious look or even make him our prime target as a backup if he is cut and we can sign him to a more appropriate deal. I just dont see anyone else out there who would be a better option. He could push Trent for the job or possibly give us some insurance if Trent doesnt progress this year.

which is what i said at the beginning of the thread:

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showt...t&p=1314242

cleveland doesn't really have any leverage here.

they've made it clear that brady quinn is their QB, and anderson's contract is ridiculous.

my guess is they end up cutting him and taking the signing bonus cap hit, because i can't see them eating his $10million dollar salary to be the backup.

which is what i said at the beginning of the thread:

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showt...t&p=1314242

So lets say that he is cut and that he IS the premier option in FA at QB (with Leftwich and Garcia), how many teams are there with pressing needs at QB and what would his market value be? If Buffalo persued any of these guys they would be overpaying for a backup... why not bring in someone like Batch who's a smart guy, who's been a part of a winning organization and who would be a capable backup as well (not to mention affordable)?

No need to waste money on a person who isnt going to be an upgrade.

It's not gonna happen, he won't be courted by the Bills, too much $$

Someone will give him an opportunity to start and will give him a 1 or 2 year starting qb pay.

Minimum $4 Million a year.

He has shown enough in his short career, with a cannon arm, to merit a decent pay and a shot at starting with some team in need of a qb. Some team will sign him to either to be their hopeful franchise guy, or as a stop gap while they are looking for their guy or while they are grooming their future qb.

I could see a team like the Jets making a push for him, but not the Bills, In dismay to many of you, we won't dole out that sort of cash for a backup qb.

It's not gonna happen, he won't be courted by the Bills, too much $$

Someone will give him an opportunity to start and will give him a 1 or 2 year starting qb pay.

Minimum $4 Million a year.

He has shown enough in his short career, with a cannon arm, to merit a decent pay and a shot at starting with some team in need of a qb. Some team will sign him to either to be their hopeful franchise guy, or as a stop gap while they are looking for their guy or while they are grooming their future qb.

I could see a team like the Jets making a push for him, but not the Bills, In dismay to many of you, we won't dole out that sort of cash for a backup qb.

I am afraid you are correct about that. I have little hope the Bills will spend any $$ in free agency, If they do I will be PLEASENTLY surprised.