Who I Think The Bills Will Draft at #11

Kenwick

We all know the positions the Bills need to improve on. I personally believe the Bills will draft Aaron Maybin, DE/OLB, Penn State in the first round.

He will fill in a position of need at OLB and would be a great pass rusher...

With Schobel coming back along with Kelsay, Denney and hopefully a improved Ellis (drafted in the 3rd round last season) will be a improvement over last year at the DE position.

Maybin is moving up the charts quickly and with the combine soon upon us I believe he will be acknowledged as a very good pass rusher. This guy is good.

Picking a DE is not easy to do. Anytime a D-lineman or O-lineman is selected it is a gamble. Once they get to pro level what really counts is "Heart and Desire"... this is something you can not put down on paper like height, weight and speed. These are the toughest positions for scouts to judge.

On the other hand. Linebackers are the easyest players to judge ..... If they are animals in college showing great desire and ability they will be the same way in the pros........

That is one reason I would like the Bills to take Maybin..... He will be a great assit to this team if he is selected.....at 6'3 and 250 lbs right now.

There are a few other players I do feel are better than Maybin however. But I believe they will be gone before the Bills can draft them.

If we drafted Maybin as an OLB, which I don't think we will, he wouldn't be properly used. Maybin will be most effective at getting after the qb on a constant basis. This is where he is at his best. Since we have a 4-3 alignment, I just can't see us constantly rushing the qb with 5 rushers. I don't believe that we will go this route.

On the other hand. Linebackers are the easyest players to judge ..... If they are animals in college showing great desire and ability they will be the same way in the pros........

Really? I can name you countless beasts in college at LB that were busts or marginal at best in the NFL...

We all know the positions the Bills need to improve on. I personally believe the Bills will draft Aaron Maybin, DE/OLB, Penn State in the first round.

He will fill in a position of need at OLB and would be a great pass rusher...

We really don't use our LBs to blitz a whole heck of a lot, so I don't see much gained there. How does he hold up against the run, and how are his coverage skills?

It's always a concern when drafting a tweener type guy when you don't have that position on your defense. I like the idea of basically having another DL on the field, but would hate to think of him in pass coverage during the first few years. If we had signed a LB last offseason who could cover, then I could see making a play for a guy like this to play the weak side, but it could get ugly watching him play the strong side and having to cover a TE or even worse a slot WR in our defense. Not to mention our SLB does not blitz much and is required more to cover and play the run. If we were going to draft a DL as a LB, I would rather get a guy who goes about 265, played well against the run, and had soem speed (to hopefully learn how to be serviceable in pass coverage).

I have my fingers crossed for Curry at 11. I've been reading some stuff from draft pages that he could slide a little , especially if there is a run on DE, OL, and if Sanchez goes in the top 10. Some scouts feel that he generates a lot of tackles, but may lack in big play ability. Probably not the case, at lease from other people that grade him near the top of the draft. I would love our LBs to be Curry-Pos-Mitchell.