Bledose again unimpressive

JP-era

Euhus throw was his best in probably 4 games.

Moulds TD was all Moulds, any other WR and it probably would have been an INT.

Bledsoe has to go! sounds like a rally cry!

Losman starts in the Rams game. We lose the next 2, and are out of the playoffs, mark my words!

We start heading to our 1st SB win when Losman starts! Get him inthe game, dont let a statue who has lost his game fool you into thinking hes good enough!

Losman starts in the Rams game. We lose the next 2, and are out of the playoffs, mark my words!

We start heading to our 1st SB win when Losman starts! Get him inthe game, dont let a statue who has lost his game fool you into thinking hes good enough!

93656[/snapback]

An INT? How so? Moulds made a great catch to bring it down in bounds but he didn't take it away from the Defensive Back, the throw easily cleared the CB.

93656[/snapback]

*yawns*

Guest Guest_Steve_*

The Bills had a very convincing win over a team that isn't great but never loses badly like they did today. I don't know what your problem is but why don't you try savoring this victory and shut your friggin mouth. Drew played a solid MISTAKE FREE GAME!!! No need to bash him this week. But do try again next week. You might have a valid point to make then! :lol:

93656[/snapback]

hey cutie, I just sent you an IM, you can check me out on my avatar....

this was a great win for the bills. i agree, bledsoe was very unimpressive. he had happy feet, missed open receivers, and looked generally uncomfortable in the pocket. thankfully, we had a strong running game, defense, and special teams to pull us through.

i really hope that losman gets a chance to play in the next several weeks. the bottom line is that most teams will not shoot themselves in the foot like the cardinals did today. bledsoe has to play better, and i'm just not convinced he can do that for any prolonged period of time.

next week, the bills need to do more of the same. mcgahee, defense, and ST.

Only because David Macklin can't catch......Drew threw it right to him and he dropped it.

93827[/snapback]

So Drew makes a bad throw to a defensive back and it's, "It should've been a pick!"

Drew makes a nice throw to a receiver who drops the ball and has it land in the defenders hands and it's, "Drew throws INTs, he sucks!"

I see a trend. You need misery. :lol: (and in this case, "you" is directed at all the people who can't seem to ENJOY winning a football game in a DOMINATING fashion, regardless of who the opponent was, etc).

CW

So Drew makes a bad throw to a defensive back and it's, "It should've been a pick!"

Drew makes a nice throw to a receiver who drops the ball and has it land in the defenders hands and it's, "Drew throws INTs, he sucks!"

I see a trend.  You need misery. :lol: (and in this case, "you" is directed at all the people who can't seem to ENJOY winning a football game in a DOMINATING fashion, regardless of who the opponent was, etc).

CW

93858[/snapback]

Sorry, your type of hopelessly partizan poltics doesnt fit my Bill.

Fact is he was unimpressive. I love a Bills win, but this isnt the QB that will win a SB for us, try again fake-fat-sunny a.k.a. Barry Brady. This is a team going nowhere with a has-been like Drew at the thelm. I love wins, love to watch them ,but unlike Barry's ignorant comments, Losman cant start soon enough and this game should do nothing to change that!

Sorry, your type of hopelessly partizan poltics doesnt fit my Bill.

Fact is he was unimpressive. I love a Bills win, but this isnt the QB that will win a SB for us, try again fake-fat-sunny a.k.a. Barry Brady. This is a team going nowhere with a has-been like Drew at the thelm. I love wins, love to watch them ,but unlike Barry's KzooMike comments, Losman cant start soon enough and this game should do nothing to change that!

93914[/snapback]

I think you misunderstand my posts (sorry for my inarticulation.

1. I do not think that Bledsoe is quality QB snd that even considering his peak performance he is well over the hill.

2. However, I think it is possible (actually easily so) for a team to win games without a high quality QB and even possible with a one incapable of making big plays if he is one good facet is to avoid mistakes.

3. I think it is much more difficult to go to the SB with a low quality QB because to do this you need a very good TEAM which plays well together so that the whole is greater than the sum of the individual parts so they can fill in or cover-up for this low quality QB. However, since it is a very difficult thing to go to the SB even with a high quality QB (witness the career achievements of Manning and McNabb) I see no problem with not blowing your salary cap to pay what it takes for a high quality QB if you use the cap room to build a TEAM.

I think this view is upheld by the factual occurences where you have QBs paid the minimum like cap casualty Trent Dilfer, stock-boy Kurt Warner and late round draft pick Brady in 2002 lead their team to SB wins. Meawhile the last QB drafted in the 1st roound who took the team which drafted him to the SB was Dallas choosing Aikman in 1989.

The next first rounder to deliver an SB win to the team which chose him (probably McNabb as Manning once again looks doubtful to even make the playoffs if they keep playing like they are) will actally be the exception that proves the rule. If you must have a 1st round drafted QB for your team better to look for a reject cap casualty like Dilfer than blow a big wad on Ryan Leaf, Alili Smith (or based on results Peyton Manning).

What's the beef? Are these facts wrong?

Drew played a solid MISTAKE FREE GAME!!!  :lol:

93789[/snapback]

Incorrect. Drew had several boners. It's just that the Cards could not capitalize on them. DB had no INT's but he hit an AZ back in the numbers deep in our end. Luckily the guy dropped the INT. In the 1st Q he threw into double coverage to Moulds, when 10 yards beyond was a WIDE OPEN Mark Campbell in the end zone. Oh and don't forget the fumble that cost us about 20 yards! Mistake-free??? That's a laugh!

Drew did not suck like a Hoover like he did against the Ravens, but I'm not giving him a game ball like NJ Sue just for not losing the game for us. For crying out loud! Are our expectations that low now? I guarentee if Shane Matthews went 8 for 17=81 yards, no one would be praising him!

Also, I am not content with beating the AZ Cardinals. Sorry. It was a good win, but this team has to play better to climb back into any kind of contention. At 2-5, it's unlikely, but not impossible to make a run. Our schedule is not that tough. 9-7 is within reach, but only if we get better at QB.

So far this season, we have seen improvement by our defense, special teams, and running attack. The only position we have not improved is at QB. Sorry, I was done giving Drew a free pass every week long ago.

PTR

Look, anyone who gets excited over Drew's performance today is not a knowledgable football person. He made some routine plays that most any NFL QB would make. He got a break on a dropped INT but most importantly for Drew....he DID NOT LOSE us the game today like he has in the past. I won't get excited about Drew until he strings together a couple road wins. Winning at home againt sub .500 teams does not make him back to being the old Drew in my book. He still does absolutely nothing extraordinary to help us win. I just hope he continues to not help us lose.

He still does absolutely nothing extraordinary to help us win.  I just hope he continues to not help us lose.

93994[/snapback]

Low expectations! "Please, Drew...don't lose the game for us!" Hey, remember when we had a QB who used to lead us to victory? What a bizarre idea, huh?

PTR