Anybody miss Mike Gandy?

UBinVA

gandy had a hard job and kinda sucked, but both pitt and zona have way under top level LTs and managed to get to the bowl.

in fact, if edge had one less bad drive, or if the secondary (of course bill in nyc will insist without a HOF lt you can't win, and that the secondary does nothing) played a bit better on the last drive for zona they would have walked away a winner.

the chubby chasing has gotten just too crazy here.

Gandy looked bad last night. His technique seemed very lacking. Granted he was going against one of the best pass rushers in the game right now so I would expect any LT to struggle.

One thing I do notice different about Gandy as compared to his days in Buffalo is that he looks to be in much better shape.

I loved his hustle on the Harrison pick, he almost made the tackle at the end, great effort by him.

But, yeah, he looked bad at times. Not an easy task going one on one as much as he did last night against Harrison.

I loved his hustle on the Harrison pick, he almost made the tackle at the end, great effort by him.

But, yeah, he looked bad at times. Not an easy task going one on one as much as he did last night against Harrison.

Generally, whomever's assigned to the defense's best pass rusher is supposed to get help. And that's the problem with playing against a top level D like Pittsburgh: They change up their rush packages so much that the O-Line has a hard time figuring out where to slide the help.

Gandy is a very good guy and an average LT. I was pulling for him though....has nice things to say about B'lo.

I felt bad for him in this game. He was up against one of the best defensive players in the league, and he wasn't getting the help he was supposed to be getting. But then again, that's what great defenses do: Confuse blocking schemes.