Ben Roethlisberger equals Doug Flutie??!!

RLflutie7

And it's too bad Flutie had more ability than Tarkenton. Not production but ability.

Of course Little Doug didn't have Fran Tarkenton's production. He played in the CFL for 7 seasons, right smack in the middle years of his playing career. Who does that? Warren Moon came to the NFL after his CFL career. Moon moved up to the NFL. Just like Jeff Garcia, and a handful of other quarterbacks, who used the CFL as a stepping stone up to the NFL. Flutie quit the NFL out of egotistical frustration, and stepped down the ladder of success to be a star in a lesser league, in the prime of his athletic career.

Forget Doug Flutie already. His three seasons in Buffalo proved he could have been a fine starter in the NFL if he had the patience and perseverance to keep trying until a team finally allowed him to use his skills to his and their advantage. Flutie used his height as his crutch to blame the Bears, Rams and Pats for always choosing the "taller" guy over him. Tarkenton would have none of that crap. He simply outplayed every other taller QB the Giants or Vikings brought into camp.

Of course Little Doug didn't have Fran Tarkenton's production. He played in the CFL for 7 seasons, right smack in the middle years of his playing career. Who does that? Warren Moon came to the NFL after his CFL career. Moon moved up to the NFL. Just like Jeff Garcia, and a handful of other quarterbacks, who used the CFL as a stepping stone up to the NFL. Flutie quit the NFL out of egotistical frustration, and stepped down the ladder of success to be a star in a lesser league, in the prime of his athletic career.

Forget Doug Flutie already. His three seasons in Buffalo proved he could have been a fine starter in the NFL if he had the patience and perseverance to keep trying until a team finally allowed him to use his skills to his and their advantage. Flutie used his height as his crutch to blame the Bears, Rams and Pats for always choosing the "taller" guy over him. Tarkenton would have none of that crap. He simply outplayed every other taller QB the Giants or Vikings brought into camp.

Flutie was impatient.

He wanted a chance to compete for the starters job and that was not given to him. With all the injuries to QBs in the NFL he would have gotten a chance to play had he stayed in the NFL. The CFL was willing to pay more as was the USFL.

The Bills gave him a chance to compete and he took it and a big pay cut.

Flutie couldn't hold Ben's jockstrap. Flutie was a failed NFL QB, who turned in some marginal performances at the end of his professional career. He had a knack for making some great plays at the end of the game, but those were often necessary, at least in part, because of his substandard performance earlier in the game.

Ben played well throughout the game...AND he has the ability to play a little backyard ball.

Doug Flutie never won ONE NFL playoff game. Comparing him to a Ben is absurd.

Big Ben is like a weird cross between Bledsoe and Flutie.

And I love the Flutie haters. Why can't you people just admit Rob Johnson sucked? Let's downgrade Flutie because Bills' history is filled with tons of pro bowl QBs and guy who take us to the playoffs 2 consecutive seasons??? Oh wait.

And since we boned Flutie Jenna Jamison style before the Titans game (which we deserved to lose), how many playoff games have we seen??? The curse of Flutie is very real my friend. If we ever want to make the playoffs again, we must find a way to appease Flutie.

Ben roethlisberger is an **** egomaniac with a Napoleonic complex who is a garbage QB?

Says a former (I pray) Losman supporter. For all the jokes about his height and lack of arm, that "midget" had a career that both of those losers could even dream of. And if any other team did the type of move the Bills did to Flutie, the benched QB would be screaming bloody hell. If that was me, I would have slapped Wade's fat headsetless head and quit. That was a joke and yes 10 years, I'm still pissed about it. It once again proves how dumb fans are. Flutie produced and we run him out of town. What a joke.

Big Ben is like a weird cross between Bledsoe and Flutie.

And I love the Flutie haters. Why can't you people just admit Rob Johnson sucked? Let's downgrade Flutie because Bills' history is filled with tons of pro bowl QBs and guy who take us to the playoffs 2 consecutive seasons??? Oh wait.

And since we boned Flutie Jenna Jamison style before the Titans game (which we deserved to lose), how many playoff games have we seen??? The curse of Flutie is very real my friend. If we ever want to make the playoffs again, we must find a way to appease Flutie.

What does any of this have to do with Rob Johnson? With the exception of one poster, who mentioned Johnson as context for talking about Flutie's career, you are the only one talking about RJ. RJ ended up being a crappy QB. What does that have to do with Flutie's abilities?

Says a former (I pray) Losman supporter. For all the jokes about his height and lack of arm, that "midget" had a career that both of those losers could even dream of. And if any other team did the type of move the Bills did to Flutie, the benched QB would be screaming bloody hell. If that was me, I would have slapped Wade's fat headsetless head and quit. That was a joke and yes 10 years, I'm still pissed about it. It once again proves how dumb fans are. Flutie produced and we run him out of town. What a joke.

Don't forget that Flutie was a malcontent, and a bitchy little girl, in his first shot at the NFL. When he sucked (look at his stats from his first time in the NFL), and couldn't win the #1 spot, he complained that he was screwed because of his height. In truth, he wasn't a starting QB, because his play sucked. Even in the season he started for NE for 9 games, his completion % was only 51.4%...which back then was not horrible. The problem was, the following year, with three starts, his completion % was 39.6. With an arm like Doug's you HAVE to complete at a much higher $ than that.

Now, I think the coaches recognized that Doug had certain talents, and could make some plays, but was not suited to be a starting NFL QB. Doug complained, and wasn't tough enough (or patient enough) to play (and likely succeed) at the #2 spot. It was true in NE and Chicago, and then again later in Buffalo and San Diego. It wasn't simply Buffalo that thought Skin Flutie wasn't the guy they wanted as their starting QB.

Don't forget that Flutie was a malcontent, and a bitchy little girl, in his first shot at the NFL. When he sucked (look at his stats from his first time in the NFL), and couldn't win the #1 spot, he complained that he was screwed because of his height. In truth, he wasn't a starting QB, because his play sucked. Even in the season he started for NE for 9 games, his completion % was only 51.4%...which back then was not horrible. The problem was, the following year, with three starts, his completion % was 39.6. With an arm like Doug's you HAVE to complete at a much higher $ than that.

Now, I think the coaches recognized that Doug had certain talents, and could make some plays, but was not suited to be a starting NFL QB. Doug complained, and wasn't tough enough (or patient enough) to play (and likely succeed) at the #2 spot. It was true in NE and Chicago, and then again later in Buffalo and San Diego. It wasn't simply Buffalo that thought Skin Flutie wasn't the guy they wanted as their starting QB.

You have Doug's history wrong because you were not a fan of his and you didn't follow it back then. I'll dig up some info in a few days.

When did you play QB? Sound a lot like description of you .....

Wow. Sounds like the attendants didn't give you the right medication before they let you out of the straight jacket and onto the computer, you crazy !@#$.