Tony Richardson

BeastMode54

Yes, the four time Pro Bowler is a free agent. He signed a one year deal with the Jets last year.

Thing is, he's 38 years old and I have no clue how he played last year.

I agree on one thing though, Beast Mode:

Schonert decided to get rid of H-backs and go with a traditional fullback (which interestingly goes against the league-wide trend).

I don't care either way but if you're going to have a fullback in your offense, then probably you should try to find one who's actually good.

I saw him play quite a few games last year. He's not as quick as he used to be, but man he can still open a hole. He's not going to get through to the second level as much. But if he needs to attack a blitzing LB or defensive lineman, he's still good. I agree, though, that we need and should get a GOOD fullback. Darian Barnes was fun on 60 seconds with Langston Walker but he wasn't what we needed. As far as McIntyre, I couldn't tell he was out on the field at all

I'm amazing FBs can go for that long, but the best ones seem to be ancient veterans. If the Bills don't bring him in for a workout, they're not running the team right.

there are other guys, "not running the team right?" thats a little bit of an overstatement, i wouldn't be too upset if we don't bring in a 40 yr old to play fullback

The fullback is a dying breed in the NFL and it's not right. When LT was running all over people Neal was paving his way. In Priest Holmes' heyday Richardson was paving his way.

I know OCs like to put in another WR or TE in the formation instead of the FB, but I think we should look to have our guys run behind a FB. The yards would absolutely pile up.

The fullback is a dying breed in the NFL and it's not right. When LT was running all over people Neal was paving his way. In Priest Holmes' heyday Richardson was paving his way.

Whenever the league is going one way, go the other. You'll have less competition for the players who are good at it and opposing coaches will be less prepared for what you've got.

Yes, the four time Pro Bowler is a free agent. He signed a one year deal with the Jets last year.

Thing is, he's 38 years old and I have no clue how he played last year.

Ask Thomas Jones and his Pro Bowl selection how Richardson was.

We haven't had a legit FB in Buffalo since Sam Gash. He was the one blocking for Travis Henry when he ran for 1,300+ and 10 TD's. I don't think we should pursue Richardson really, but I think we should look for one in the draft. We could've had Owen Schmitt from WVU in the 5th round last year, but passed on him. I thought that was stupid. This year there are 4 guys that should be on our list. They are Quinn Johnson from LSU, Brannan Southerland from Georgia, Javorsky "Night Train" Lane from Texas A&M, and Travis McCall from Alabama. Southerland is probably the best blocker out of the group and look at the #'s Knowshon put up running behind those blocks. Brannan also is a threat out of the backfield of sorts, showing decent hands. Johnson seems to be a solid blocker also. McCall is probably the strongest(literally) of the group and shows a nasty streak when searching for people to move out of the way. Lane is an interesting prospect because he's shown the ability to block, but is a Jerome Bettis type of back when given the ball. He's 6' and 285lbs of "Night Train" heading your way when he gets the pigskin. He would be a threat to hand the ball to as well. I'd like to have Southerland, but wouldn't be disappointed if we were able to get one of the four.