Gale Gilbert

major

Every time the super bowl rolls around, I think about Gale Gilbert and how he lost four straight super bowls with us and one with San Diego (5 total). It got me thinking, did he ever start a game for us in the regular season? I don't think he did, but I can't remember. Someone help me here.

Every time the super bowl rolls around, I think about Gale Gilbert and how he lost four straight super bowls with us and one with San Diego (5 total). It got me thinking, did he ever start a game for us in the regular season? I don't think he did, but I can't remember. Someone help me here.

No he did not but what a career 5 straight SB's

I thought he started against the Redskins in the season finale in 1990. I know Pro-Football-Reference doesn't list that, but I could've sworn he did....

I was at that game, Reich started and Gilbert came in in the second half...home field throughout was clinched for the Bills at that point, and they put Gilbert in just to get him some PT.

Link

Gale Gilbert was AWESOME ... The greatest Bills QB to never start a game. Gibran Hamdan's chroise pales in comparison the Gale Gilbert's chroise ... in fact, Gale Gilbert was the embodiment of chroise ... chroise made flesh!

really? he never started one game ever? oh boy! another crappy 3rd string QB to fall in love with! if only there had been an internets back then!

The Bills came to my school and played basketball for a fundraiser. Gilbert could ball, he was an amazing basketball player out there. Was much better than the other bills, even the WR's and DB's.