Bills Sign P.K. Sam (WR) and Marvin Phillip (C)

He is smaller than Melvin Fowler, which I didn't think was possible. But according to Wikipedia...

"He played college football at the University of California, Berkeley. Despite the fact that he was an offensive lineman he got the offensive MVP for Berkeley in his senior year, which is rare for anyone on the line. He was also an All-American in 2004 & 2005."

yeah, wasn't he supposed to be a reasonably high draft choice coming out of college, but then he got injured? i am pretty sure this is the guy i am thinking of that i read about in a draft magazine that year. he was rated as one of the top centers in that year's draft, thought he was projected as a 2nd or 3rd rounder?

then again, maybe not.

it is not like they have a lot of options right now. they can't exactly trade or sign free agents yet..... they are looking at the only players that they are allowed to sign, which isnt a good lot to begin with. I hope they come out fighting on FA. It would be nice if they filled at least two of our critical needs. and it would be even nicer if they brought in at least one impact player. but if they fill two major needs in FA, have a good draft, we could move to 8-8!

Did he block for Marshawn when he played at CAl?

Yes, he did. He was the starting Center as a Senior. However, Marshawn was a Sophomore, but he was also the starter.

So in theory, yes he blocked for Marshawn when he was at Cal.

I think he could be a very good player, after some work with the right Offensive Line Coach.

Marvin Phillip was selected: Round 6, Pick 32, Overall Pick 201 by Steelers in the 2006 draft and was rated #4 center going into the draft (out of 59) did indeed get injured (hernia) and has had an injury every year since.

Yea, if I'm not mistaken he's a pretty good returner. Which now makes four on the roster.

His profile. He was around in 2004, and it seems he took a few years off/ or was on a practice squad before playing again last year.

Do we maybe trade Roscoe? Fred Jackson is also a good punt returner