Let me tell you what I see from breaking down what I saw

#1 Buffalo runs the ball to the left ( between LT and Guard) over 70% of the time. That's pretty easy to defense for opposing coaches. Opposing LB's were well prepared to stop most running plays. The Bills are not very good at running the ball to the outside and that makes it easy for most defenses

#2 Buffalo is terrible at down field blocking, we either need a better T.E. or a fullback if you want improvement.

#3 Lee Evans is woefully double teamed, and without Josh Reed in the lineup, we have no consistent passing game.

#4 Gang tackling is almost non existent on this team, once the opposing Running back is beyond the defensive line, its 5 easy yards on most plays. Our L.B. made some tackles but most were solo from behind.

#5 The Bills pass rush wasn't all that bad, but they only moved the QB around some but rarely made the sack.

Buffalo needs more speed at DE, Kelsey and Denny are bull rushers and rarely place much pressure using speed.

Aaron Schobel injury took away the only speed we had.

#6 Inconsistency from the T.E. position, unable to find the soft spot in the defense and too many dropped passes.

#7 A young QB with above average short to medium range passes, but rarely anyone open down field.

#8 L.B.s out of position and took the wrong angle to the ball on most running plays.

#9 Buffalo needs a more physical WR and Hardy should be the guy, but he got hurt. The Bills would be smart to find a quality physical WR for a backup.

#10 THE COACHING STAFF, poor communication between Dick Jauron and Turk Schonart. Unable to take advantage of most 3-4 defenses. A closer look at the defensive coaching is needed.

You might think I am hopelessly negative about this team, that is not true at all, this team simply needs to play better and the coaching staff needs to fix their own problems before then can address the player weaknesses.

I have watched every game from 2008 at least 3 times and you would be amazed what you can learn from breaking down tape. I simply can not look at it anymore.

I did see a few more problems not listed above, but most of those are just a young team making the same mistakes over and over. I am just telling you what I see, you may see something different and your opinion is always welcome!

DIE HARD 1967

#9 Interesting you say it should be Hardy, while others bash him from head to toe. Did you see anything while doing your film study on why Hardy could be the #2. Does he run the poor routes that everyone thinks. Does he not get open.

#9 Interesting you say it should be Hardy, while others bash him from head to toe. Did you see anything while doing your film study on why Hardy could be the #2. Does he run the poor routes that everyone thinks. Does he not get open.

You know Hardy played pretty good for a rookie, he made a few great blocks last year on running plays and seems to get decent separation on his pass routes, for some reason, Trent did not see him a few times. He reminds me of Eric Moulds in his rookie season. Too bad he got hurt. He was just starting to look better, and he was out of the lineup.

When you say "game film", do you mean TV, or actual game film that shows the entire field?

I wish I had more then TV

I used to break down film for the University of Akron Zips

If you see the same team over and over it really doesn't matter

I am only interesting in the Buffalo Bills

How do you know what going on downfield with only TV film??

You can't possibly on every play.

My thread was from watching all 16 games

I was only telling you what I COULD SEE.

Some of the shots are shown by the broadcast crew and they do give you the view necessary.

God, who are you, Bill Parcells?

I think he's just trying to say that it must be awfully hard to figure out how good Hardy is or could be, and other WR and defensive backfield stuff using only TV views. Most of your observations were from QB to LB and didn't lose anything from TV views, but legitimately, downfield you just can't see what's going on unless they throw in that direction.

It's also got to be almost impossible to know whether Hardy is running the right route unless Trent throws that way, right? It seemed to me that a lot of the reason he didn't play much was that he hadn't figured out the adjustments on blitzes, sight reads, etc. That must be impossible to figure. I think Hardy still has a long way to go, but certainly having an offseason to study and some experience to base the study on, he's got a real chance to improve. It's good to hear that on the plays you could see he was getting some separation. That was another question mark with Hardy.

For #10, how could you observe poor communication between Jauron and Schonert? You're clearly right about their inability to handle 3 - 4 defenses, but how do you see the poor communication? Was the 3 - 4 problem largely the result of NT on C matchups and our centers being outmatched? And speaking of that ...

What did you see at center? It seemed to me that most of the Bills o-line probs would be eliminated by getting Peters into camp and getting a good center in. Would you agree? The blocking inwards problems of the tackles is interesting. I hadn't noticed that, but it's certainly interesting.

You seem to be criticizing the LBs pretty heavily in #4 and #8. Is this mostly one or two guys? Are they all doing it? I would have thought that at least Mitchell would have taken the right angles.

Anyway, interesting stuff. Thanks.

I think he's just trying to say that it must be awfully hard to figure out how good Hardy is or could be, and other WR and defensive backfield stuff using only TV views. Most of your observations were from QB to LB and didn't lose anything from TV views, but legitimately, downfield you just can't see what's going on unless they throw in that direction.

It's also got to be almost impossible to know whether Hardy is running the right route unless Trent throws that way, right? It seemed to me that a lot of the reason he didn't play much was that he hadn't figured out the adjustments on blitzes, sight reads, etc. That must be impossible to figure. I think Hardy still has a long way to go, but certainly having an offseason to study and some experience to base the study on, he's got a real chance to improve. It's good to hear that on the plays you could see he was getting some separation. That was another question mark with Hardy.

For #10, how could you observe poor communication between Jauron and Schonert? You're clearly right about their inability to handle 3 - 4 defenses, but how do you see the poor communication? Was the 3 - 4 problem largely the result of NT on C matchups and our centers being outmatched? And speaking of that ...

What did you see at center? It seemed to me that most of the Bills o-line probs would be eliminated by getting Peters into camp and getting a good center in. Would you agree? The blocking inwards problems of the tackles is interesting. I hadn't noticed that, but it's certainly interesting.

You seem to be criticizing the LBs pretty heavily in #4 and #8. Is this mostly one or two guys? Are they all doing it? I would have thought that at least Mitchell would have taken the right angles.

Anyway, interesting stuff. Thanks.

This entire thread is about generalizations.

I didn't mean to make it sound like it is the final word

The Dick and turk thing can be seen every week.

#1 Buffalo runs the ball to the left ( between LT and Guard) over 70% of the time. That's pretty easy to defense for opposing coaches. Opposing LB's were well prepared to stop most running plays. The Bills are not very good at running the ball to the outside. Both offensive Tackles for the Bills have problems blocking Defensive Ends to the inside.

#2 Buffalo is terrible at down field blocking, we either need a better T.E. or a fullback if you want improvement.

Marshawn Lynch and Fred Jackson rareley had any running room and #1 is part of the problem

#3 Lee Evans is woefully double teamed, and without Josh Reed in the lineup, we have no consistent passing game.

#4 Gang tackling is almost non existent on this team, once the opposing Running back is beyond the defensive line, its 5 easy yards on most plays. Our L.B. made some tackles but most were solo from behind.

#5 The Bills pass rush wasn't all that bad, but they only moved the QB around some but rarely made the sack.

Buffalo needs more speed at DE, Kelsey and Denny are bull rushers and rarely place much pressure using speed.

#6 Inconsistency from the T.E. position, unable to find the soft spot in the defense and too many dropped passes.

#7 A young QB with above average short to medium range passes, but rarely anyone open down field.

#8 L.B.s out of position and took the wrong angle to the ball on most running plays.

#9 Buffalo needs a more physical WR and Hardy should be the guy, but he got hurt. The Bills would be smart to find a quality physical WR for a backup. Roscoe Parrish has problems with physical corners and rarely gets separation.

#10 THE COACHING STAFF, poor communication between Dick Jauron and Turk Schonart. Unable to take advantage of most 3-4 defenses.

You might think I am hopelessly negative about this team, that is not true at all, this team simply needs to play better and the coaching staff needs to fix their own problems before then can address the player weaknesses.

I have watched every game from 2008 at least 3 times and you would be amazed what you can learn from breaking down each play on your Tebow..... I simply can not look at it anymore.

I did see a few more problems not listed above, but most of those are just a young team making the same mistakes over and over. I am just telling you what I see, you may see something different and your opinion is always welcome!

DIE HARD 1967

#1 Poor coaching

#2 Maybe they suck at "down field" blocking because they rarely get the opportunity to do it because they almost never have a player "down field" with the ball in his possession.

#3 Poor coaching. Evans, Johnson, Parrish, Lynch/Jackson and play calling that wasn't so damn ridiculously predictable would have solved that problem.

#4 Poor coaching.

#5 Sorry, but our pass rush was the worst I've even seen.

#6 I thought Fine played pretty good at the end of the year.

#7 That's hard to tell from watching TV.

#8 Poor coaching.

#9 Johnson was ready yet the coaches stupidly did not play him nearly enough.

#10 Poor coaching.

Hey wait, I see a trend here.

Marshawn Lynch and Fred Jackson rareley had any running room and #1 is part of the problem

#10 THE COACHING STAFF, poor communication between Dick Jauron and Turk Schonart. Unable to take advantage of most 3-4 defenses.

There is absolutely no conceivable way for you to observe these things from television footage.

#1 Buffalo runs the ball to the left ( between LT and Guard) over 70% of the time. That's pretty easy to defense for opposing coaches. Opposing LB's were well prepared to stop most running plays. The Bills are not very good at running the ball to the outside. Both offensive Tackles for the Bills have problems blocking Defensive Ends to the inside.

#9 Buffalo needs a more physical WR and Hardy should be the guy, but he got hurt. The Bills would be smart to find a quality physical WR for a backup. Roscoe Parrish has problems with physical corners and rarely gets separation.

I have watched every game from 2008 at least 3 times and you would be amazed what you can learn from breaking down each play on your Tebow..... I simply can not look at it anymore.

DIE HARD 1967

Everything BUT #5 seems pretty much on target. Our pass rush was DISGUSTING!

Nice synopsis of the season. I, too am still high on Hardy and when you see him play he has all the physical tools and just needs more time. His two TD catches were exactly what you thought would hapen this year....just we were hoping more often. I think he needs more time understanding the game but what is great about him is his attitude. He works like a professional and has a very good attitude and that should serve him well. To many ridiciulous impatient people....he is not a bust. By their criteria B Bunkley of the Eagles was a bust and outplayed by Kyle Williams. Tell me now who you would rather have as a starting DT.

Give rookies 3 good seasons to get a decent idea if they are a player in this league.

What the offense needs more than anything is a very good TE. That plays to TEs strengths and lets Evans go 1:1 much more often. I think our WR corps is certainly good enough if you add a legitimate TE threat.

Not criticizing you.....you seem to have put a lot of work into it with what you had.

PS - I live in Youngstown, OH about 45 minutes from Akron. Go Zips!

I wish I had more then TV

I used to break down film for the University of Akron Zips

If you see the same team over and over it really doesn't matter

I am only interesting in the Buffalo Bills

You know Hardy played pretty good for a rookie, he made a few great blocks last year on running plays and seems to get decent separation on his pass routes, for some reason, Trent did not see him a few times. He reminds me of Eric Moulds in his rookie season. Too bad he got hurt. He was just starting to look better, and he was out of the lineup.

Ahh yeah kinda. I remember wanting to grab Hardys facemask and yell at him a few times for droping pass's... I think that if Trent did see him he didnt throw to him b/c A) he didnt trust Hardy and B) Hardy wasn't the "dump-off" guy... But, all these people who scream "cut Hardy b/c Steve Johnson is better are crazy. I hope Hardy recovers quickly so we can see what he's got.