biggest weakness is running on third and one

papazoid

the bills biggest weakness by far is running the ball on third and one or fourth and one. until they fix that, we are going nowhere. the three weakest players on offense in order are #1- TE Robert Royal, #2 - WR James Hardy and #3 the center combo of Preston/Fowler (i would fix center and tight end first). the three weakest players on defense are #1 - Safety Ko Simpson, #2- LB Keith Ellison and #3 the Defensive Ends ( i would upgrade the D-line and then a blitzing linebacker first). The Bills have so many needs that unless they get aggressive in free agency, they won't be able to fill them all in the draft. Ignoring needs and building a championship team, in general i would always use my #1 picks on lineman, especially Defensive lineman (like New England and the Giants do) we have been drafting finesse players for too long. If the draft falls the way Mel Kiper predicts, then the best defensive lineman will still be there when we pick at #11. I would pick B.J.Raji over Orakpo. Stroud is a stud but aging, McCargo will be cut and the other two tackles are just average. I would then take my #2 & #3 picks and move up into the first round and grab Center Alex Mack before Pittsburgh does. The rest will have to be free agents. It wouldn't surprise me to see them cut Schobel and his 8.7 million cap figure. I would not trade Jason Peters and i would not pay him a kings ransom, the bills hold all the cards, i would bump his salary some or let em hold out with his current deal.

the bills biggest weakness by far is running the ball on third and one or fourth and one. until they fix that, we are going nowhere. the three weakest players on offense in order are #1- TE Robert Royal, #2 - WR James Hardy and #3 the center combo of Preston/Fowler (i would fix center and tight end first). the three weakest players on defense are #1 - Safety Ko Simpson, #2- LB Keith Ellison and #3 the Defensive Ends ( i would upgrade the D-line and then a blitzing linebacker first). The Bills have so many needs that unless they get aggressive in free agency, they won't be able to fill them all in the draft. Ignoring needs and building a championship team, in general i would always use my #1 picks on lineman, especially Defensive lineman (like New England and the Giants do) we have been drafting finesse players for too long. If the draft falls the way Mel Kiper predicts, then the best defensive lineman will still be there when we pick at #11. I would pick B.J.Raji over Orakpo. Stroud is a stud but aging, McCargo will be cut and the other two tackles are just average. I would then take my #2 & #3 picks and move up into the first round and grab Center Alex Mack before Pittsburgh does. The rest will have to be free agents. It wouldn't surprise me to see them cut Schobel and his 8.7 million cap figure. I would not trade Jason Peters and i would not pay him a kings ransom, the bills hold all the cards, i would bump his salary some or let em hold out with his current deal.

Some good points. I like the raji pick too but he will not be there.I think they will end up with Michael Johnson. I dont think the bills will draft a C in rd 1 or 2 tho. Sign birk and grab one in a later round. As far as schobel goes, that cap figure doesnt matter because we will be nowhere close to the cap. The FO's decision will be based on salary and how healthy he is.

You're just absolutely, completely wrong.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/200...-yardage-r.html

68% and 16th in the league isn't a lot to crow about, although I'd agree with dib that a big part of the problem is the tendency to "get cute" and try to outsmart the opponent by spreading out the field in short-yardage situations.

the biggest weakness running the ball on third and one is the fact that the Bills pass on third and one.

...Correct: almost always pass, AND with an empty backfield, totally telegraphing our intentions and making the D-line's job much easier. I just am totally befuddled by this. What am I missing here?....

the biggest weakness running the ball on third and one is the fact that the Bills pass on third and one.

I want to check the stats on this because my hinch is that the Bills are not alone in this. D's are stacking the line making it really hard for teams to run.