Keep an eye on the OT Jordan Gross negotiations

Ramius

Look at Warner against Philly and New England this year and re think your assessment tool box.

Mcnab short arms everything when he gets pressured, his only upside is he is strong and can scramble.

OMG, it just keeps getting worse with you...I am almost embarrased to respond...

So, Warner in a massive snow blizzard is your example? :rolleyes: Seriously? And the Eagles? He picked them apart...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG, it just keeps getting worse with you...I am almost embarrased to respond...

So, Warner in a massive snow blizzard is your example? :rolleyes: Seriously? And the Eagles? He picked them apart...

And he was embarrassed by the Jets till they went into a prevent D.

So you are ready to throw the towel in based on a season and a half? Im not disagreeing with you that we are set at QB but we arent set at 1 position on that team besides RB. Trent is only going to be as good as the coaches and players around him. Until that straitens he will be behind the 8 ball every time.

:rolleyes:

Who is throwing in the towel? I constantly say he may develop...the point is he is not playing at a level CURRENTLY that will allow us to be a good team...UNTIL he develops or is replaced by someone playing at a higher level, we wont be very good, its just that simple.

And Pile is saying since Trent has a lot of question marks still, there is no way to be sure he will be that guy, so bring in someone to push him or develop behind him in case he doesnt.

And he was embarrassed by the Jets till they went into a prevent D.

Your game here and game there, doesn't out weigh their HOF careers. Warner and Manning make their money being able to beat the blitz. Along with Brady the two of them are the best in league. Mcnabb is not amongst the best in the league at beating the blitz but he is not horrible and he is also HOF bound. You are so far off it's not even funny.

The Panthers and Gross seem to want to work out a long term deal, and have motivation to do it before the franchise tag deadline (the panthers either tag gross, or sign gross and tag peppers). Unless the Bills shock us all, this will have a major impact on any potential long term peters deal. Gross is reportedly wants to be the highest paid OT (worth it, imo), and schefter mentioned that it would probably take 20-25 million guaranteed to get done. Whatever Gross signs for, look for that to be the starting point for Peters in the coming months.

starting point? come on man. everyone knows how much i love JP but starting point. i dont think we need to make JP the highest paid LT in the league.

I got a feeling Buffalo isnt going to pay Peters. We may see the same circus as last year. Peters did have a bad year statistically but he was still pretty dominant. Him making the pro bowl just makes it that much worse.

you totally contridict yourself. you go on about how good he is then you sya we wont pay him???????????????

Sorry I hate Peters--this time I'll take Bills management side. He stunk this year. I hope Gross signs such a huge deal the Bills will just let Peters walk after his contract is due. If he sits out again--sayonara. The fact is Edwards biggest strength is his poise in the pocket and his fast release. Edwards is not going to get sack often even if Jason Robards is the LT.

The reason I feel this way is the Bills MADE him. Any other team that brought him in might have kept him as a tightend and eventually cut his ungrateful ass.

you're right, edwards throws those 3 yard checkdown passes faster than anyone in the league, yet still manages to find ways to get hurt. edwards sucks

Really, you think in all of the NFL, you think he deserves to be the highest paid OT? If we took all them and put them in a draft, he wouldn't be drafted top 10 let alone #1......

Not top 10???

I strongly disagree with your opinion on this.

Really, you think in all of the NFL, you think he deserves to be the highest paid OT? If we took all them and put them in a draft, he wouldn't be drafted top 10 let alone #1. Not saying he wont get it or ask for it, just surprised you say hes worth it.

This deal is going to screw us if Gross gets it...one he's not worth it, and two, Peters knows that and is going to want more. Peters didnt earn a big pay raise this year either...thats the worst part. He was only truly great one year...so how do we know once we pay him he will even live up to the hype of that one great season? I honestly have the feeling that once he gets his big payday there is a chance we will see more seasons like this past one (inconsistent) out of him.

I am not sold he is going to be consistently dominant to warrant the amount of money he may demand if Gross gets the contract you are saying.

This is the NFL, you aren't paid based off of your exact position. You are paid based off the current rising salaries for that year plus consideration where you rank. Gross is one of the best LTs in the game. Any one of the top LTs in the game are all going to want to be the highest paid, and all would get the biggest contract when theirs are up. That's how the system works. It doesn't matter if he's the #2 or #5 LT, he'll want to be, and probably deservedly so, be the highest paid LT in the game. Until next season when the next really good LT needs to be paid. Then that guy will be the highest paid. Salaries do not fall strictly inline based off your player ranking.

As for his ability, you are severley underestimating him. Gross is and has been an anchor. One of those 12-15 year "we don't need to worry about LT during that timespan" type of players. The guy has started and played in 95/96 possible games in his 6 year career. He's only 28 years old. Off hand, i could *maybe* think of 3 LTs better than gross. But he's definitely in the elite tier of LTs. And given his age and ability, if you put every single NFL player in a giant "fantasy draft" pool and had teams re-build from scratch, i guarantee he'd be taken in the 1st round.