Off topic, but anyone watch the fight tonight?

Alphadawg7

Spoiler Alert:

That was sick...I have always been a big Mosley fan his whole career. I was shocked at the pre fight odds, especially after coming off such an impressive performance against Cotto (even though he lost by split decision) and then knocking out Mayorga that they had him as a 4-1 underdog. I put some money on him expecting a decisive win because of his better boxing skills and hand speed, but I never anticipated the KO of this guy who has never been KO'd with a chin of steel.

Mosley has a lot more power than people give him credit for and I have always loved his power, but Antonio's chin was considered one of the best in the business, so the KO was a little surprising...Still exciting fight.

I used to watch boxing all the time. I even seen a few fights live. I have to admit though, UFC is really starting to take over that kind of sport. I have a bad feeling boxing will no longer be around. I hope I am wrong. I love guys standing toe to toe throwing punches. But the more violent the sport the more fans like it.

The outcome was a HUGE surprise to me. I picked Margarito in 6. Never would have thought Mosely could knock him out. Up to this point Margarito has had a chin like no other. Alot of fighters with the rep of a great chin actually bend at the waist and pull their head away from the punch as its thrown,negating it's power. Duran,in his prime,was great at it. But if you were able to catch him flush,you could hurt him. Margarito is more like Julio Cesar Chavez or Marvin Hagler in that they don't evade the punch,they just take it and keep coming. They really do seem to have a super-human ability to take a direct blow to the head and stay upright and functioning. I've seen Mosely fight a number of times and I know he's good,but this one shocked me.

I used to watch boxing all the time. I even seen a few fights live. I have to admit though, UFC is really starting to take over that kind of sport. I have a bad feeling boxing will no longer be around. I hope I am wrong. I love guys standing toe to toe throwing punches. But the more violent the sport the more fans like it.

The UFC style of fighting has also opened up the sport to a lot more athletes. High scool and collegiate wrestlers as well as martial artists now have a high profile,professional sport to take their talents to. This will help to continue it's growth long into the future,IMO.

I watched Fedor destroy Arlovski last night in the first round for the Affliction promotion.

Boxing blows. No true organization. Too many titles. High priced pay per views for low quality matches. Worst heavyweight division ever. If it wasn't for Oscar De La Hoya, boxing would be the lowest drawing sport on pay per view. And his days are numbered. UFC just drew a pair of one million buy shows on pay per view (Brock freakin' Lesnar vs. Randy Couture and Forrest Griffin vs Niagara Falls native Rashad Evans).

Not that numbers matter but UFC has taken over the pay per view business.

I've become a huge mixed martial arts fan for a number of reasons. Most of all, you can watch a great title match in UFC almost every month (BJ Penn vs GSP next week), while in boxing there's only the possibility for a great, star-studded match once or twice a year, if that. I understand the old school philosophy of growing up on boxing and standing by the sport, but the promoters have ruined the sport.

:angry::lol: UFC is is as bad as wrestling; what a joke.