What if we traded up for Big Ben

Well he did pretty well behind their line this year......

Big Ben was 31st in the NFL in sacks per attempt this year.

which shows the reason he did not have "top 10" stats.

which then shows that this Pittsburgh team does not rely on its QB to win games. it wins with Defense and a running game.

If you don't think Big Ben is a top 10 QB, you know nothing about football. Elway had a worse career QB rating than Ken O'Brien. Who would you rather have? Some guys just win and Big Ben wins. Personally, I'll take winning over fantasy stats.

I was wrong. He's second in sacks taken, 4th in INTs thrown, just about bottom 10 worst in completion %.... He's middle of the pack in all other stats.

Rothlisberger is a good QB. I like him. If I was a Steeler fan, I'd have no complaints. But it's amazing what the #1 defense will do for your credibility when your numbers aren't that good. If Big Ben played for Buffalo, he'd have been run out of town a long time ago.

I know the bills were hoping to draft Ben, but not sure a huge difference would have resulted. He (Ben) was instantly put into an excellent team with good players and good leaders around him. For 5 seasons now he has been surrounded by a great organization, good coaches and a excellent defense, all of these items taking pressure off of him so he could learn. If he was in Buffalo, he would have had NONE of these thing listed above, so there is a chance his career might not be off to much better of a start than J.P.'s is.

fi true

Ben is not a great quarterback now, but a product of a great system. He usually has one exceptional quarter a game and at least one if not two poor quarters per game. His stats are average at best. He has been behind one of the best lines in the NFL his whole career. Has had one of the best defenses his whole career to keep the pressure off of the offense, a defense who has won more games for the Steelers than the offense ever could dream of. The Superbowl they won while he was there was inspite of him not because of him (he had a terrible game), and they actually the won that game as much because of the officials as anything they did-Hines Ward was MVP and he didn't do anything special, there was no one deserving. If we did trade up for him, we wouldn't have had Lee Evans, not that he is best receiver in the league, he probably has been the best player on the Bills over the 5 seasons since that draft. I don't dislike Ben, but he way overrated, largely because of the big Band Wagon/fan base of the Steelers and the success of the team inspite of him. How many games can you remember thinking how Ben won it at the end of the game? I can't think of any, but quite a few come to mind, where the running game or the defense making big plays.

I'm sure a lot of you guys remember the story. The bills tried to trade up from 13 to 9 to take Big Ben. The Jaguars however, asked for the moon. They wound up taking R. Williams at 9, who could have been had at 13 without question. What probably spoiled the opportunity to trade up was the Browns giving up a 2nd to move up one spot (7 to 6). It set a high price to trade up. How could do you think the bills would be if they had managed to trade up.

the only difference would be that big ben would not have won a super bowl and probably would have been benched by year2. Not his fault but we would have no receivers, no OL and no D, one man does not make a team, that being said i sure as hell wish we had him!!! (though i'm still high on trent, i think)

I was wrong. He's second in sacks taken, 4th in INTs thrown, just about bottom 10 worst in completion %.... He's middle of the pack in all other stats.

Rothlisberger is a good QB. I like him. If I was a Steeler fan, I'd have no complaints. But it's amazing what the #1 defense will do for your credibility when your numbers aren't that good. If Big Ben played for Buffalo, he'd have been run out of town a long time ago.

He is not a pocket passer and is always holding the ball which in turn causes all the sacks and completely changes field position but w. that defense he can get away w. it. He would not get away w. that in Buffalo.

Ben had a Super Bowl caliber team fall into his lap. He had an all-pro line, the best coach in the game (at the time), and one of the best defenses in the league.

to say for one second that Ben would have had close to the same success in Buffalo as he has had in Pittsburgh is absolutely ridiculous.

Had the Bills drafted him, he would've came into the same mess and mishandling that Losman was put through.

I think Rothlisberger is a much better QB than Losman, but the situation our team was in 4-5 years ago would have most likely killed any rookie QB's career. To think that, had we drafted Ben, things would be much different at OBD just doesnt jive.

I think they were 6-10 the year they drafted Big Ben. So he did not have a super bowl team fall in his lap. You ever think for one moment that certain players make the whole team better? Especially at qb. I am not saying that he carried the team to the AFC title his 1st year, but do not think for one moment the bills would not of been better off if they were able to draft Big Ben. He would of given the bills something that they have not had since Jim Kelly retired. A true franchise qb.

I think they were 6-10 the year they drafted Big Ben. So he did not have a super bowl team fall in his lap. You ever think for one moment that certain players make the whole team better? Especially at qb. I am not saying that he carried the team to the AFC title his 1st year, but do not think for one moment the bills would not of been better off if they were able to draft Big Ben. He would of given the bills something that they have not had since Jim Kelly retired. A true franchise qb.

actually in 2004 they went 15-1, so wrong on that count, won the super bowl the year after in 2005.

big ben is good better than what we have had here in a very long time. but he is not great, just part of a good team with a commitment to the run. his stats are actually pretty bad when asked to throw the ball more than 30 times a game. hes good, hes an athlete, but not great.

we would have run him out of here and thrown him on top of drew bledsoe with all the other qb's we run out of here. dont worry though we would still draft trent, and he is our new savior, and he will right the ship....haha....he will be the next one thrown into the heap of qb's that where a bust here

the long term problem in buffalo is our system and management, when that gets fixed the team will be fine

actually in 2004 they went 15-1, so wrong on that count, won the super bowl the year after in 2005.

big ben is good better than what we have had here in a very long time. but he is not great, just part of a good team with a commitment to the run. his stats are actually pretty bad when asked to throw the ball more than 30 times a game. hes good, hes an athlete, but not great.

we would have run him out of here and thrown him on top of drew bledsoe with all the other qb's we run out of here. dont worry though we would still draft trent, and he is our new savior, and he will right the ship....haha....he will be the next one thrown into the heap of qb's that where a bust here

the long term problem in buffalo is our system and management, when that gets fixed the team will be fine

If you read my post, instead of always looking to correct somebody I said the year they drafted Big Ben they were coming off a 6-10 season. They went 15-1 the year after.