Julius Peppers wants out

This now gives me that every-small glimmer of hope that we might sign this man (I know, I know).

I think there's a small chance he could come here by way of the chance to play next to Stroud as a selling point. But I don't see Ralph opening the cheque book for him. :blink::wallbash:

But Peppers said he wants to play in a 3-4 scheme. Weird that he would want to switch positions at this stage in his career. I suppose he saw what DeMarcus Ware did this year and wants similar number.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a steak dinner that says ole Pepps is a Dallas Cowboy next year.

Jerry Jones WILL get it done........................with the cap money he has from cutting T.O. :wallbash:

Him and Ware would be a nasty 1-2 punch. I'd almost feel sorry for Donovan, Eli, and Jason because they have to see them twice a year..

I've recently heard former Panther Brenson Buckner on the radio here in Charlotte. He was calling him soft and a basketball player, playing football. He doesn't have the mentality to dominate the way he should with his athletic ability. Fans are mixed on whether to pay him a huge contract because he can disappears against physical teams.

Just thought I'd let you know what's going on down here in Panther land.

I've recently heard former Panther Brenson Buckner on the radio here in Charlotte. He was calling him soft and a basketball player, playing football. He doesn't have the mentality to dominate the way he should with his athletic ability. Fans are mixed on whether to pay him a huge contract because he can disappears against physical teams.

Seems a bit overrated to me. Not worth the ridiculous price tag of $17 million.

He's probably caught alot of flak over this behind the scenes and it's one of the reasons he wants out. It wouldn't be surprising. Or, this could be the tactic they are trying to use to keep his contract #'s down in a way. The guy probably could go play PF for alot of teams in the NBA right now if he wanted to. Whatever the truth is, he would be an upgrade over what we already have FOR SURE. The money it would take to get him wouldn't be worth the player though if he doesn't give his full effort. It also could be a situation of him just being tired of Carolina and the fresh start elsewhere could equal HUGE numbers again.

Peppers for Matt Cassel ............ Both tagged and traded for each other.

This way Peppers gets a top chance to win a SB with a 3-4 team that can certainly scheme him in the most effective way to maximize his immense talent and skills

Panthers aren't going to keep Delhomme (he's due to count $12 milliin on the cap) and he's not very good so they get a top QB who is young and who has plenty of upside.

Pats get top return for Cassel and add a stud player who can be their new Willie McGinest.

Hey Fellas, this is fresh from Pro Football Talk at 12:15 a.m. Saturday morning:

"At a time when the Carolina Panthers would be required to tender a $17 million one-year salary to defensive end Julius Peppers in order to keep his rights via the franchise tag, Peppers is making it known that he doesn’t want to remain with the team.

“The front office has been informed of my desire to explore opportunities with other NFL teams following the expiration of my contract next month,” Peppers said in a statement e-mailed by his agent to ESPN’s Chris Mortensen, and possibly others. “At this point in my NFL career, I am seeking new challenges that will allow me to grow, develop and reach my personal potential on the football field.

“I strongly feel that making a move at this time is in my best interest. I appreciate the entire Panthers organization and am thankful for the seven seasons I’ve spent with the team.”

“Julius is firm in his decision that he needs a change,” agent Carl Carey said, per Mortensen. “He feels that he can thrive in another system. While he has been selected to four Pro Bowls and designated as an All-Pro during his career, he feels that he has yet to develop to his full potential. This is the case of a great player who seeks to become an elite one.”

Peppers is a North Carolina native, and he played college football at the University of North Carolina. So by turning his back on the Panthers, he’s essentially turning his back on his home state."

It would be awesome to make Peppers our number one offseason target but it is unlikely to happen. To have another type of player who would be outstanding on the DE position as we know would be a tremendous difference to the defense.

This way Peppers gets a top chance to win a SB with a 3-4 team that can certainly scheme him in the most effective way to maximize his immense talent and skills

Panthers aren't going to keep Delhomme (he's due to count $12 milliin on the cap) and he's not very good so they get a top QB who is young and who has plenty of upside.

Pats get top return for Cassel and add a stud player who can be their new Willie McGinest.

Not gonna happen. Cassell is their security blanket in case Brady can't return and early reports are he is likely out in '09. They say he needs an additional surgery because he's really not healing properly. They say if he plays next season he's more prone to be hurt again than before and will have to wear a brace. Then he's going to have to get the additional surgery next offseason. Brady may never be the same again and his career might possibly be over. How ironic it would be if this is the case considering how he got his opportunity when Bledsoe went down.

Cassel isn't a top QB. And unless Moss is packaged with him, no way do the Panthers even entertain that deal.

I live in the Carolina's and have seen him play and he is no Bruce Smith

Me too and I agree. He would only be a slight upgrade over Aaron Schobel. What the Bills really need is a stronger LEFT end and maybe and outside linebacker to balance the pass rush. I think that Peppers is a solid player, but I don't think that he's worth the money that he will demand.

It's really frustrating that people, myself included, would love to have Peppers but feel it will be impossible to sign him. I ask, why? If money is a huge factor in deciding where to play, why can't old Ralph just pay for some players. We never get ANYONE of value in free agency. No big names or playmakers. Year after year after year.

It's really frustrating that people, myself included, would love to have Peppers but feel it will be impossible to sign him. I ask, why? If money is a huge factor in deciding where to play, why can't old Ralph just pay for some players. We never get ANYONE of value in free agency. No big names or playmakers. Year after year after year.

It's not only money, but he reportedly wants to play in a 3-4. And after living and playing in Carolina all of his life, I doubt he'd want to play in Buffalo. Add in state taxes...

Peppers sees that time could be running out, and while the Panthers played very good this year, they still seem to keep coming up short on getting that Super Bowl championship.

Peppers will get a giant contract and could become a great addition to a playoff contender.

Yet I would'nt get my hopes up on the Bills signing him nor do I think that Peppers would want to to play for the Bills.

Well said, and I couldn't agree more.

I really can't see Peppers wanting to come to the Bills under any circumstance.

It's not only money, but he reportedly wants to play in a 3-4. And after living and playing in Carolina all of his life, I doubt he'd want to play in Buffalo. Add in state taxes...

This in an interesting post. Where did you hear that he want to play in a 3-4? He would be beastly as an OLB in a 3-4.

It's sad, but true. I think we all feel pretty much teh same way. It's even more frustrating when the system in the NFL is set in place to have parity (unlike MLB), yet we're always unable to land the "big" FA in the offseason.

Peppers still has a good 4 years left of great football imo. The team that lands him will surely be lucky.