Remember when the board almost all loved each other?

Lv-Bills

oh the cowbell was magical....until Lindell missed a kick and Willie Parker kicked us in the gooch

Ahhhhh, finally someone who remembers the cowbell. When almost every avatar was a cowbell for a week straight. That, and the linkage the Satruday Night skit that actually showed some cowbell.

And then, Tommy Maddox and the boys took it away from us.

The Bills curse even killed the cowbell.

9th stringers.....

Ok. This is a real peave of mine... The "9th string" starting RB for the Steelers that day was who?

Willie Parker. The same Willie Parker that is starting for the Steelers in the AFC Championship game. It is not like the guy that ran all over us for the steelers that day sucked...

He had one long carry. The huge run. What was Parker that year, a rookie? So, Willie Parker carved up Pat Williams, Sam Adams, Takeo Spikes, London Fletcher, Nate Clements, Antoine Winfield (Was he still here then?), Aaron Schobel and the rest of the Bills?

So, that's acceptable? James Harrison also played on that team. He was being bounced back and forth between linebacker and DE at the time. Tommy Maddox was the QB and even TRIED his hardest to give us the game by throwing the pick to Clements for a TD. Hell, if I'm not mistaken, didn't Antwaan Randel El have a career game at wideout that day against us? I guess now someone wants to tell me he was good too. Not to mention that if Randel El was in there, who in the hell the other buttplugger was on the opposite side of him.

Gimmie a break. Hell, Parker isn't even that good today as he was in that game. We were at home. We had to win to get in. The Jets were losing the whole time we were playing. And the Steelers had their starters on the BENCH.

PATHETIC.

by the Steelers 9th stringers?

In that magical week before week 17, about 70% of the board had cowbell. They even took the idea, and WGR had cowbell.

Man, we suck.

:thumbsup:

I remember sitting next to a Steelers fan and when they put their 3rd string QB in, St. Pierre or something, I said "who the heck is that.' Everyone and their mother new they would run the ball, well except for the Bills, because Parker (their backup at the time) ran for about an 80 yard TD shortly after that...

Now that history is clear, those 9th stringers actually featured Willie Parker, James Harrison & Chris Hope.

and Deuce Staley and Marvel Smith and Chucky Okkobi and Brett Keisel and Verron Hayes and Ike Taylor and Kimo von Oelhoffen and Clark Haggans and Ty Carter and Jerame Tuman and on and on and on....

The worst part was that it was a team that was still 80% of guys that had been acquired under Donahoe's watch. But hey, he got us Bledsoe. :thumbsup:

So, Willie Parker carved up Pat Williams, Sam Adams, Takeo Spikes, London Fletcher, Nate Clements, Antoine Winfield (Was he still here then?), Aaron Schobel and the rest of the Bills?

I'd hesitate to say he carved us up when up until that big run over LE he had about 15 carries for 20 yards.

Here's a box score in case anybody wants to head butt their monitor. :thumbsup:

and Deuce Staley and Marvel Smith and Chucky Okkobi and Brett Keisel and Verron Hayes and Ike Taylor and Kimo von Oelhoffen and Clark Haggans and Ty Carter and Jerame Tuman and on and on and on....

The worst part was that it was a team that was still 80% of guys that had been acquired under Donahoe's watch. But hey, he got us Bledsoe. :beer:

I'd hesitate to say he carved us up when up until that big run over LE he had about 15 carries for 20 yards.

Here's a box score in case anybody wants to head butt their monitor. :thumbsup:

Perhaps more telling is that the Steelers had 9th stringer that could play in their system and that they kept the 9th stringers that could play exceptionally well in their system, while the guys they chose to let go vanished rather than all-too-often reemerge as starters on better teams.

He had one long carry. The huge run. What was Parker that year, a rookie? So, Willie Parker carved up Pat Williams, Sam Adams, Takeo Spikes, London Fletcher, Nate Clements, Antoine Winfield (Was he still here then?), Aaron Schobel and the rest of the Bills?

So, that's acceptable? James Harrison also played on that team. He was being bounced back and forth between linebacker and DE at the time. Tommy Maddox was the QB and even TRIED his hardest to give us the game by throwing the pick to Clements for a TD. Hell, if I'm not mistaken, didn't Antwaan Randel El have a career game at wideout that day against us? I guess now someone wants to tell me he was good too. Not to mention that if Randel El was in there, who in the hell the other buttplugger was on the opposite side of him.

Gimmie a break. Hell, Parker isn't even that good today as he was in that game. We were at home. We had to win to get in. The Jets were losing the whole time we were playing. And the Steelers had their starters on the BENCH.

PATHETIC.

"Tried his hardest to give us the game". Hilarious!! I think I read Tommy Maddox book and in chapter 7 it was the buffalo game where he admits he tried to help the Bills win that day..... "who the hell was the other buttplugger" WOW... Really?? And those SUCKY Steelers found a way to kick our butts. So we were good enough to make the playoffs why? Acceptable or not it is reality. What exactly was your point? Was it that Willie Parker and James Harrison were better than our first stringers? Cause that is what I wrote..