I had no idea it was this bad!!!

I still don't understand how the guy made the Pro Bowl and everyone knows this stat. WORST IN THE LEAGUE, but on his way to Hawaii? And I'm supposed to believe that this game is really full of "the best" players in the NFL? :wallbash:

I guess I'm more frustrated than I should be, but we just had this exact discussion.

No, he didn't deserve the Pro Bowl this year. However, in any year, probably 20% of the people who make it do so on reputation rather than performance and that's what happened here.

Also, for the other folks, yes, most of the sacks came very early in the year. By the end, he was in fact playing at Pro Bowl level once again.

And for those who believe that this stat means that Peters just sucks, check out his sacks totals and how they stack up against all other LTs for 2007 and 2006. Those stats paint a (vastly) different picture. Wait till he gets in camp again before the season. He will dominate once again.

Also, for the other folks, yes, most of the sacks came very early in the year. 1- By the end, he was in fact playing at Pro Bowl level once again.

2- And for those who believe that this stat means that Peters just sucks, check out his sacks totals and how they stack up against all other LTs for 2007 and 2006. 3- Those stats paint a (vastly) different picture. 4- Wait till he gets in camp again before the season. He will dominate once again.

1- Do you have a link to stats that prove most of his stats came early in the year and he had returned to a "Pro Bowl" level?

2- Never said the guy "sucked", just wondering what he has done to garner any kind of accolades for his play this year?

3- He has been a good player, very dominant at times playing the LT position. 2007 was prime example. I don't think we should try and move the guy just yet.

4- I think the more pressing question is WILL he get into camp before the season actually begins? We could be looking at a repeat of last season all over again because he feels he's worth $8-$10 million dollars a year. "Getting to Hawaii is what we all play for" :wallbash: I think that we have to move a guy, whether we really want to or not, that puts himself first ahead of the team when he's already getting paid over $3 million per season. We can't afford the distractions or setbacks that it causes our team. Yes, Dockery and Walker get more but don't really deserve to. If anyone, he should be ticked at the agent who got him the deal he so loathes right now. He signed the contract, he should play it out if that's what it comes to. The cancer that these disgruntled players become is not always worth what they can actually do on the field when focused. I don't think you need more of an example than T.O.

Ok Ok... He deserves criticism... He held out of camp, demanding higher money (advice from his agent) and he had an off year.... But enough of the BS the guy is our best offensive player on our team, and all you morons want to get rid of him. Bad move!!! It is very difficult trying to find a Player of his caliber at the blind side tackle and now you want to get rid of him so we can draft another bust like Mike Williams. Thanks but no thanks. Pay the man his money, that's what the NFL is, you pay to play and we need to pay this man. Once we pay him, he will come into camp, be in shape, and dominate the way we expect him to.

Ok Ok... He deserves criticism... He held out of camp, demanding higher money (advice from his agent) and he had an off year.... But enough of the BS the guy is our best offensive player on our team, and all you morons want to get rid of him. Bad move!!! It is very difficult trying to find a Player of his caliber at the blind side tackle and now you want to get rid of him so we can draft another bust like Mike Williams. Thanks but no thanks. Pay the man his money, that's what the NFL is, you pay to play and we need to pay this man. Once we pay him, he will come into camp, be in shape, and dominate the way we expect him to.

Unfortunately, I think Magox is right. His agent is yelling in his ear, "you only have a few prime time years. Your worth 8MM and they are paying you 3MM, in your prime." The hold out was stupid, he could have not held out, maintained his level of play from 2007 and have a much more compelling case case now for a raise than he accomplished via holding out. At this point though pay the man, make him happy so he makes us happy so everyone is happy.

Unfortunately, I think Magox is right. His agent is yelling in his ear, "you only have a few prime time years. Your worth 8MM and they are paying you 3MM, in your prime." The hold out was stupid, he could have not held out, maintained his level of play from 2007 and have a much more compelling case case now for a raise than he accomplished via holding out. At this point though pay the man, make him happy so he makes us happy so everyone is happy.

Try to post more often. :beer:

Sorry if this was already posted. I dont know if this is accurate but reflecting on the year I guess it could be possible. I hope Jason Peters can turn it around cause we need him!!!!!

11) Buffalo Bills- OT Jason Smith Jason Peters gave up more sacks than any starting tackle in the NFL in 2008.

http://www.kornheiserscartel.com/2009/01/10102.html

Finishing just ahead of Langston Walker. I can't believe I'm agreeing with Tony Cornholer, but I too think the Bills should keep their pick and draft the very best OL on the board - even if it means reaching down for Mack at center.