OT - Buffalo style restaurant in Spotsylvania, VA

For those that live in the Northern VA area, there's a new Buffalo style restaurant called Scooters Roadhouse Grille. I went there last night and ordered Beef On Weck and it was pretty good. The owner is originally from the Lockport area. It was nice to see deep fried chicked wings again, plus they use the water from Wegman's for their pizza dough. The owner told me he's hoping to be showing the Bills games this coming season.

Here's their info: scootersroadhousegrille.com, 540-891-8929. They're located in Southpoint 1 at the 2nd light from I-95 South exit 126.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those that live in the Northern VA area, there's a new Buffalo style restaurant called Scooters Roadhouse Grille. I went there last night and ordered Beef On Weck and it was pretty good. The owner is originally from the Lockport area. It was nice to see deep fried chicked wings again, plus they use the water from Wegman's for their pizza dough. The owner told me he's hoping to be showing the Bills games this coming season.

Here's their info: scootersroadhousegrille.com, 540-891-8929. They're located in Southpoint 1 at the 2nd light from I-95 South exit 126.

Went there about a month ago. Unfortunately the weck wasn’t a true Kimmelweck roll.....at least not when I went. On a side note, the guy that owns Foster’s Grille in Southpoint is from Buffalo too. The wings are pretty decent.

Went there about a month ago. Unfortunately the weck wasn’t a true Kimmelweck roll.....at least not when I went. On a side note, the guy that owns Foster’s Grille in Southpoint is from Buffalo too. The wings are pretty decent.

I'll have to check out Foster's Grille as well.

The Kimmelweck roll was pretty good. Not as super salty tasting like Schwabl's, but good for south of NY State.

I'll have to check out Foster's Grille as well.

The Kimmelweck roll was pretty good. Not as super salty tasting like Schwabl's, but good for south of NY State.

Wegman's in Dale City is now selling Kimmelweck rolls. They didn't carry them when they first opened. Hopefully the new Wegmans opening in Central Park will have them.

On Sunday I will be checking out a beef on weck, here in St. Augustine. An Irish pub downtown, Anne O'Malley's now advertises "Beef on Weck Sundays".

http://www.annomalleys.com/Page_2.html

I'll report back with the review. The last time I had a beef on weck in Florida, it was near Orlando. The beef was cold, and the marginal weck roll was dry as a bone.

Wegman's in Dale City is now selling Kimmelweck rolls. They didn't carry them when they first opened. Hopefully the new Wegmans opening in Central Park will have them.

That's awesome! Last word I heard on the Wegman's in Central Park is an opening date of June 1st. Now, I wish they would put a Mighty Taco in Northern VA.

On Sunday I will be checking out a beef on weck, here in St. Augustine. An Irish pub downtown, Anne O'Malley's now advertises "Beef on Weck Sundays".

http://www.annomalleys.com/Page_2.html

I'll report back with the review. The last time I had a beef on weck in Florida, it was near Orlando. The beef was cold, and the marginal weck roll was dry as a bone.

Hopefully that place is good. If so, I'll stop there next time we come down to Disney.

What exactly does "Water from Wegmans" have to do with anything? Thats horrible marketing if ive ever heard some lol!

"PSSST... Hey did u hear? Scooters uses water from WEGMANS for their dough!" "spread the word"

I think if you told me they were using tap water from "Love Canal" that would be a beter story.. "pizza that GLOWS"

What exactly does "Water from Wegmans" have to do with anything? Thats horrible marketing if ive ever heard some lol!

"PSSST... Hey did u hear? Scooters uses water from WEGMANS for their dough!" "spread the word"

I think if you told me they were using tap water from "Love Canal" that would be a beter story.. "pizza that GLOWS"

Water makes a big difference in dough. One of the reasons it is hard to get good crusty bread in some parts of the country is the local water, according to some bakers.

But, I'm not sure what "Wegman's water" means, either.

First off, he doesn't advertise that he uses Wegman's water, I was asking him about it. If you know anything about pizza dough, water has a big thing to do with it's texture and taste. The reason why the owner of Scooters uses the water from Wegman's is that it is bottled in NY. When he tried it with local water, the pizza dough didn't taste the same as it did in the Buffalo area.

First off, he doesn't advertise that he uses Wegman's water, I was asking him about it. If you know anything about pizza dough, water has a big thing to do with it's texture and taste. The reason why the owner of Scooters uses the water from Wegman's is that it is bottled in NY. When he tried it with local water, the pizza dough didn't taste the same as it did in the Buffalo area.

There's the answer.

That's awesome! Last word I heard on the Wegman's in Central Park is an opening date of June 1st. Now, I wish they would put a Mighty Taco in Northern VA.

Mighty taco is the one thing that those of us who are part of the Buffalo (WNY) diaspora can't get easy access to. For those not living in Buffalo I found the following website to be a pretty good source of Buffalo foodstuff (not inexpensive but at least you can get it shipped to your door):

Buffalo Foods

btw - who is the young lady in your avatar?

Mighty taco is the one thing that those of us who are part of the Buffalo (WNY) diaspora can't get easy access to. For those not living in Buffalo I found the following website to be a pretty good source of Buffalo foodstuff (not inexpensive but at least you can get it shipped to your door):

Buffalo Foods

btw - who is the young lady in your avatar?

Thanks a lot for the link, I'll have to order from there.

The lovely lady is Leryn Franco. Leryn was an olympic javelin player from Paraguay (from last year's Olympics), plus she's a model.

OK thanks! Just messing with you dude... thought it was funny lol.

:lol:

No history buffs, or simply not funny even after 144 years?

I gave a two "groans" if that counts for anything Mr. Ball. :thumbsup: