If you really want to stick it to Ralph

For all those so inclined to start some sort of protest that you think may have some effect on Ralph, coordinating a letter writing campaign to the HOF voters on why he shouldn't be considered is sure to have more of an impact then anything else.

Don't kid yourself, this is important to Mr. Wilson and a well organized, highly publicized letter writing campaign would be humiliating to him.

For all those so inclined to start some sort of protest that you think may have some effect on Ralph, coordinating a letter writing campaign to the HOF voters on why he shouldn't be considered is sure to have more of an impact then anything else.

Don't kid yourself, this is important to Mr. Wilson and a well organized, highly publicized letter writing campaign would be humiliating to him.

Being vindictive isn't a good character trait...

I do not think Ralph gets into the hall. Letters or no letters.

His one major accomplishment was loaning $400,000 to the Raiders in order to keep the AFL going.

He is already in the AFL hall of fame (according to wikipedia, I never knew there was such a thing)

Other than that, he's owned a team that has been bad to average for 40 of its 50 years in existence.

The IOU Ralph got from Al Davis should be in the hall.

Ralph should be mentioned on displays and exhibits where appropriate.

Ralph does not deserve a bust and a yellow sport coat.

I do not think there are many owners who should be in the HOF

Ungreatful pieces of *%$& !! He has done lots of great things for the city of Buffalo!! Where would this city be without the Bills??

GO RALPH!!!!!!!

Why does everyone belive that without Ralph, the Bills would be gone?

There are other NFL teams that have stayed in small markets for almost 50 years.

If Ralph really wanted to ensure the Bills to stay in Buffalo, he'd sell the team now.

If Ralph ever had legitimate opportunities to move the team, I'd bet there are dozens of reasons he decided against it. And his love for the city of Buffalo (where he never lived) was not one of them.

Ungreatful pieces of *%$& !! He has done lots of great things for the city of Buffalo!! Where would this city be without the Bills??

GO RALPH!!!!!!!

I'm not going to write a letter to spite Ralph but you're wrong Magox. Even though I am and always will be a Bills' fan, I have to say that Ralph has consistently provided us with a poor product while taking our money as well as the money of the county and state. Large amounts of money.

The team is only good enough to maintain our interest and his income. Imagine what Buffalo would be like if the hundreds of millions of dollars that were spent on the Bills were spent on other things in this area.

Imagine. Hundreds of millions. When the Bills leave we will have an empty stadium, a dying city, and lots of bittersweet memories. More bitter than sweet.

Tell me what he has done for the city of Buffalo?

Being vindictive isn't a good character trait...

First, i didn't say I am so inclined.

Second, legend has it that the last time Ralph decided to turn the team around, he was embarrassed into doing it. The booing at Pat McGroder's wall of fame induction ranked as one of his low points of his ownership.

Third, maybe if some of the crazies on this board spend their time trying to put together a legible letter, I won't have to read their crap.

First, i didn't say I am so inclined.

Second, legend has it that the last time Ralph decided to turn the team around, he was embarrassed into doing it. The booing at Pat McGroder's wall of fame induction ranked as one of his low points of his ownership.

Third, maybe if some of the crazies on this board spend their time trying to put together a legible letter, I won't have to read their crap.

Be sure to oil your bike chain while you backpeddle. :unsure:

I do not think Ralph gets into the hall. Letters or no letters.

His one major accomplishment was loaning $400,000 to the Raiders in order to keep the AFL going.

He is already in the AFL hall of fame (according to wikipedia, I never knew there was such a thing)

Other than that, he's owned a team that has been bad to average for 40 of its 50 years in existence.

You really should read Larry Felser's new book about the AFL/NFL merger to get the whole story of what Ralph Wilson did for the AFL and the Bills. He was a key player in negotiating the first significant TV contract for the league.

FWIW, Wayne Valley, not Al Davis was the owner of Oakland at the time. Davis was just the head coach.

I'm upset with Wilson' retention of Jauron, but that doesn't change what he did for the Bills, the AFL, and the merger of the two leagues into the NFL we have today. He should be in the HOF based on that alone.

You really should read Larry Felser's new book about the AFL/NFL merger to get the whole story of what Ralph Wilson did for the AFL and the Bills. He was a key player in negotiating the first significant TV contract for the league.

FWIW, Wayne Valley, not Al Davis was the owner of Oakland at the time. Davis was just the head coach.

I'm upset with Wilson' retention of Jauron, but that doesn't change what he did for the Bills, the AFL, and the merger of the two leagues into the NFL we have today. He should be in the HOF based on that alone.

You nailed his HOF qualifications perfectly! The voters should know the history of the league they get paid VERY WELL to cover. As you imply, without RW's influence on the TV deal and outright financial bailout of two franchises the NFL is a VERY different league and half those voters wouldn't have jobs covering it.

Good post, Duby!

GO BILLS!!!

You nailed his HOF qualifications perfectly! The voters should know the history of the league they get paid VERY WELL to cover. As you imply, without RW's influence on the TV deal and outright financial bailout of two franchises the NFL is a VERY different league and half those voters wouldn't have jobs covering it.

Good post, Duby!

GO BILLS!!!

I guess I would say that he's probably done a great deal for the NFL (and AFL). But I would argue that from the moment of the NFL's emergence in the 1958 Colts-Giants Championship game, that professional football in this country was headed on some sort of manifest destiny...in other words it couldn't fail. It's like with terrorists. One dies and others take up the cause. If it wasn't Wilson, or Wellington Mara, or George Halas, or Curly Lambeau, it would have been someone else. It couldn't fail.

I think it's clear what he's done for Buffalo. Not much except take hundreds of millions of dollars out of the community in exchange for...I'm not quite sure. Memories I guess. Wide right...The Music City Miracle...Greatest Comeback Ever...

Let's see how everyone will feel when he passes away. At least he didn't sell out when his team was one of the least profitable in the entire NFL, with one of the most stagnant and declining markets. You know how much the rest of the NFL teams and owners are salavating for the Bills to sell their franchise to Toronto in their booming, growing market. Be careful for what you ask for, cuz you might just get it!!!

Let's see how everyone will feel when he passes away. At least he didn't sell out when his team was one of the least profitable in the entire NFL, with one of the most stagnant and declining markets. You know how much the rest of the NFL teams and owners are salavating for the Bills to sell their franchise to Toronto in their booming, growing market. Be careful for what you ask for, cuz you might just get it!!!

You mean that booming Toronto market that will pay anything to see NFL football? Who knew they came to games disguised as empty seats.

I always love these stories of how things would have been different if not for???? Its like if that first caveman didn't invent fire or the wheel no one else would have figured it out.

Wilson done a lot to get the AFL up and running but nothing was done without at least a minimal value to himself, and there's nothing wrong with that. Its business. Do you think he came to Buffalo out of the goodness of his heart? Why did he pick Buffalo only after Miami turned him down?

My property continues to rise in value because of all the subsequent developement. Am I supposed to be eternally greatful to the first guy that bought property in this neighborhood? Would nobody of ever settled this area if not for him?