Can a Dicky J change his stripes?

stevewin

Granted, Jauron has had the same style his whole career - but at this point he has to be acutely aware of the extremely strong criticisms being waged against him. What is the possibility he was told explicitly (or at least recognizes himself?) that he should change/improve certain aspects of his coaching - and would he be willing/capable?

Tom Coughlin got to a point where he understood he needed to make changes in order to be successful (and survive) - in his case it was to be less of a taskmaster and more of a 'player's coach'. Is it possible for Jauron to successfully go the other way - become more of a hard ass, be tougher, make players more accountable, practice outside - instill more toughness etc.? Is game day management something he can study and work to make himself better at?

I just can't believe he could think he can keep the same modus operandi at this point(?) - he must think he needs to make some changes, right? Could he do it if he wanted to?

After 8 years, can I buy a "NO"?

Granted, Jauron has had the same style his whole career - but at this point he has to be acutely aware of the extremely strong criticisms being waged against him. What is the possibility he was told explicitly (or at least recognizes himself?) that he should change/improve certain aspects of his coaching - and would he be willing/capable?

Tom Coughlin got to a point where he understood he needed to make changes in order to be successful (and survive) - in his case it was to be less of a taskmaster and more of a 'player's coach'. Is it possible for Jauron to successfully go the other way - become more of a hard ass, be tougher, make players more accountable, practice outside - instill more toughness etc.? Is game day management something he can study and work to make himself better at?

I just can't believe he could think he can keep the same modus operandi at this point(?) - he must think he needs to make some changes, right? Could he do it if he wanted to?

Wasn't this the burning question going into last offseason? I know he was given a little slack with Fairchild leaving and Schonert stepping in, but the general question was the same. Unfortunately, the answer will remain the same again next year barring a complete change of direction from Ralph, which won't happen.

As a person who has been a boss, for many years, I can tell you, the transition that Coughlin made is easier to pull off, than what you propose Jauron has to do. If you are a hard ass like TC was, your players may not like you, but they fear you, and, ultimately, respect you if they want to keep their job. Once you set that tone, and then loosen things up a little, guys appreciate it, and start to see you as maybe a little more likeable, but, someone you know you don't want to take for granted, or take advantage of.

What Jauron has going for him right now, is, we hear, his players love him...he is a "good man", a player's coach...if he toughens up to pre-Super Bowl Cougling level, guys will just join in the chourus of people who can't believe he still has a job....ultimately, Jauron's style won't change, IMO. The things he can change, and needs to change (IMO) will be more specific to the game itself...he has to make this team he has assembled, want to win, and believe they can win. He has to pick up his own game, before they will... and he has to find a way, through his coaching, to put his players in a better position to win games. Jauron is a smart guy, we are told, so my only hope is, he can at least do this, and maybe, just maybe, things will fall into place...

I think the biggest thing Juaron could do to help the Team is let Edwards call his own plays - it would immediately solve some of those time management problems- Edwards is suppose to very bright, give him 12 plays or so and let him go to work- If someone sees something crazy from the box call a time-out and get you super-genius play in, make adjustments at halftime, it's football not freaken Rocket science.