Chad Pickington

What has happened to Pennington? Is the Raven's defense THAT good? Is Ed Reed THAT good? Who cares.....Fins going kaboom!!!! :D:rolleyes::thumbsup:

Yes, and double yes.

What he said. They eat guys like Pennington for lunch.

What he said. They eat guys like Pennington for lunch.

Interesting points, and time for a thread tangent hijack.

Watching today's game should be a reminder of being careful about falling in love with Trent Edwards' game. Of the things you hope to see improvements in '09 is his ability to command the field and be more aggressive. Smart game managers will carry their teams to the playofs, but will inevitably fail once they meet playoff opponents. Pennington is now 2-4 in the playoffs, looking very ugly in the 4 losses.

I can hear the critics now. "But, but, but. The Ravens won with Dilfer." Yes, they did, and Dilfer promptly lost his starting job soon after. Even his coach didn't have faith in him, because he knew that that team had a defense for the ages which could rival the offense in scoring.

Other than Dilfer, which other game manager QB took his team deep in the playoffs?

Watching today's game should be a reminder of being careful about falling in love with Trent Edwards' game. Of the things you hope to see improvements in '09 is his ability to command the field and be more aggressive. Smart game managers will carry their teams to the playofs, but will inevitably fail once they meet playoff opponents. Pennington is now 2-4 in the playoffs, looking very ugly in the 4 losses.

I can hear the critics now. "But, but, but. The Ravens won with Dilfer." Yes, they did, and Dilfer promptly lost his starting job soon after. Even his coach didn't have faith in him, because he knew that that team had a defense for the ages which could rival the offense in scoring.

Other than Dilfer, which other game manager QB took his team deep in the playoffs?

Big Ben as a rookie?

yes that front 7 makes jim leonhard look good :sick:

Of course, Bannan is part of that front 7, and we know he's not THAT good. They have excellent players, but scheme helps, too.

Yet look what happened when Billick got rid of Dilfer. Dilfer may not have been the greatest QB in the game, but he got the job done. Billick's biggest mistake was that he thought he could stick almost any QB in the offense and that would be good enough. He relied too much on the Ravens defense to carry the team.

Mark Rypien

Stan Humphries

David Woodley

Craig Morten

Are you kidding me? Rypien had a spectacular receiving cast that I believe set Redskins scoring records in '91.

As for the others, that you have to go back 25+ years speaks for itself.

Brad Johnson

Rex Grossman

Tom Brady in year 1

... those are just recent superbowls, im sure there are many more if we look back at conference championships

Are you kidding me? Rypien had a spectacular receiving cast that I believe set Redskins scoring records in '91.

As for the others, that you have to go back 25+ years speaks for itself.

Humphries 25 years ago? WTF are you talking about.

As far as Rypien he was a 2 year wonder and yeah he had great receivers, but that wasn't the question.

Humphries 25 years ago? WTF are you talking about.

As far as Rypien he was a 2 year wonder and yeah he had great receivers, but that wasn't the question.

Alright, I'll give you Humphries on the 25 yr thing, but his game was not a safety check valve type. Same with Rypien, and other QBs mentioned. Just because some were mediocre QBs who caught a flash of lighting in a season or just happened to be at the right place at the right time (ie Grossman) doesn't mean they were good game managers.

Point is, that Bills can either build a monster team around Edwards or they can hope that he elevates his game to take the easy game planning away from the opposing defensive coordinators.

Which one do you think is coming sooner?

Alright, I'll give you Humphries on the 25 yr thing, but his game was not a safety check valve type. Same with Rypien, and other QBs mentioned. Just because some were mediocre QBs who caught a flash of lighting in a season or just happened to be at the right place at the right time (ie Grossman) doesn't mean they were good game managers.

Point is, that Bills can either build a monster team around Edwards or they can hope that he elevates his game to take the easy game planning away from the opposing defensive coordinators.

Which one do you think is coming sooner?

Neither.

7-9 and poor play all around with glimmers of hope on occassion. Every single season.

Who knows maybe we've all died and gone to hell. This has got to be what hell is like.

:sick: