Darren Sproles is a free agent

He had one of the great playoff performances of all time - what was, it, 330 all-purpose yards and the game winning TD?

I hope the dude gets a $50M contract from somebody; he's earned it.

If you were A.J. Smith, and someone offered a late first for LdT - would you take it and start Sproles? Tomlinson is heading into his 9th season next year. Not a lot of RBs can still perform with that much wear, and he's gotten beat up worse than most.

Yes, I would take that deal. Sproles hits the hole quicker and he's younger. Plus, I think Hester would make a good tailback also. He hits the hole fast. And he played that position at LSU also.

They'll never do it because LT has been such a good role model. No crime etc. He does pout though.

......put down the pipe my friend....

He did and apparently you picked it up and took a MONSTER hit.

How many more of those 1800 yarders you expecting from LT? He's slowing down, he's reaching that magical age and he's taken a ton-o-hits.

It's not over for him, but it's all downhill from here.

He did and apparently you picked it up and took a MONSTER hit.

How many more of those 1800 yarders you expecting from LT? He's slowing down, he's reaching that magical age and he's taken a ton-o-hits.

It's not over for him, but it's all downhill from here.

His body has definately taken a beatin over the years....buttttt

would you really let Tomlinson go and draft any first round RB to replace him??

Cmon now...Tomlinson at 80% is still better then most backs in the NFL today....

Tomlinson turns 30 this offseason. Other than Curtis Martin, there are very few RBs who have been successful in their 30s. Thurman had his last 1000 yard season at age 30. Barry Sanders retired at 30.

There are exceptions, of course. But sometimes, you wonder whether or not you want to trade a guy a year too early than a year too late.

Sproles is impressive for his size but there is no way he could make it as a #1 back. The guys going to get planted and torn in half and he fumbles as well. A great change of pace but not a #1 back.

the guy is 5 6 and 180...thats pretty solid..-I dont think getting torn in half would be his problem. Pushing the line forward on runs may be, however. A #1 back does some combo of strength/power/ leverage/athleticism.Not sure if Sproles has the power or leverage to carry 25 times a game--game in game out.

Tomlinson turns 30 this offseason. Other than Curtis Martin, there are very few RBs who have been successful in their 30s. Thurman had his last 1000 yard season at age 30. Barry Sanders retired at 30.

There are exceptions, of course. But sometimes, you wonder whether or not you want to trade a guy a year too early than a year too late.

yep--Tomlinson has been a great back. By the time 30 hits age and injuries have tamped down a lot of the athletic ability.

Power runners can last a bit longer if they have had luck on the injury front. John Riggins was very good post 30 as well. And there is a guy who played for the Browns i think and the Ravens--Im spacing the name now---excellent into his 30s.

Guest dog14787
We HAVE our own Darren Sproles- his name is Freddy Jackson, and can we keep him???

That's all I thought about when I sawe him run last night... :rolleyes:

My thoughts also, Freddie Jackson could bust the all purpose yardage record wide open one day and it could be for another team. :D

Including the playoffs, Tomlinson has averaged 409 touches per season throughout his career. That's an incredible pace...no wonder his body is breaking down.

Everybody said Larry Johnson would be shot forever after that 475 touch season a couple years back. But, in the other years of career he never even got close to the 409 average that LT has maintained.

If you were A.J. Smith, and someone offered a late first for LdT - would you take it and start Sproles? Tomlinson is heading into his 9th season next year. Not a lot of RBs can still perform with that much wear, and he's gotten beat up worse than most.

No one would offer a 1st for Tomlinson. If I were the Chargers I'd entertain trade offers but I'd expect they'd be more in the range of what the Colts got for Faulk back in the day. A running back who has had nagging injuries the past couple of seasons and is hitting the age where RBs traditionally decline is not worth a 1st, even though I think he can still contribute some good years.

No one would offer a 1st for Tomlinson. If I were the Chargers I'd entertain trade offers but I'd expect they'd be more in the range of what the Colts got for Faulk back in the day. A running back who has had nagging injuries the past couple of seasons and is hitting the age where RBs traditionally decline is not worth a 1st, even though I think he can still contribute some good years.

no one should offer a first for any RB EXC a great one in his absolute prime--RB easiest slot to fill