Darren Sproles is a free agent

He had one of the great playoff performances of all time - what was, it, 330 all-purpose yards and the game winning TD?

I hope the dude gets a $50M contract from somebody; he's earned it.

If you were A.J. Smith, and someone offered a late first for LdT - would you take it and start Sproles? Tomlinson is heading into his 9th season next year. Not a lot of RBs can still perform with that much wear, and he's gotten beat up worse than most.

He had one of the great playoff performances of all time - what was, it, 330 all-purpose yards and the game winning TD?

I hope the dude gets a $50M contract from somebody; he's earned it.

If you were A.J. Smith, and someone offered a late first for LdT - would you take it and start Sproles? Tomlinson is heading into his 9th season next year. Not a lot of RBs can still perform with that much wear, and he's gotten beat up worse than most.

I dunno about starting Sproles. However a 1st for Tomlinson at this stage would be highway robbery for the chargers. They could draft a rb to give them what tomlinson gives them at this point in time. Besides very few rbs nowadays receive a boat load of work.

Mr. Pouty Face? Where does that come from?

It comes from Tomlinson breaking down and becoming a shell of his former self. Constantly nagged up with an injury. When they show him on the sideline with his coat and helmet on sititng on the bench and his visor. It looks like a guy who's pouting. The guy is on the serious decline. For the suppoused "best rb" in the league. He's soft when it comes to big games. His excuses for sitting out last year, and now this year. The chargers would be better off without him at this point.

It comes from Tomlinson breaking down and becoming a shell of his former self. Constantly nagged up with an injury. When they show him on the sideline with his coat and helmet on sititng on the bench and his visor. It looks like a guy who's pouting. The guy is on the serious decline. For the suppoused "best rb" in the league. He's soft when it comes to big games. His excuses for sitting out last year, and now this year. The chargers would be better off without him at this point.

Yes they should cut there 1800+ total yards a season back cuz there so easy to replace......put down the pipe my friend....

Tomlinson is definitely slowing down. Lot of miles on him; he'll be done by the time his contract expires in 2011. It'll be interesting to see how SD plans to handle this -- they may need to go to a RBBC to keep Tomlinson healthy for as long as possible.