Offensive Line Run Blocking finally came around...

Big Turk

ok, let's get this settled then. what's the standard elapsed time that someone opposing your point should wait before making their own, just so I know?

EDIT: on second thought, I did give you a chance, when I told you the numbers weren't right. You passed on your chance to check it then and went right to telling me I needed to look it up. I do like your picture, though.

I posted my link, which was inaccurate (my mistake was linking from Google and not going straight to the NFL.com site, so I assumed it went to this year's stats and not last year's). I went back and edited both my posts that showed the incorrect information, and even posted that I fugged up.

As for how much time - how about somewhere between the approx 1 1/2 minutes you gave me and the 15+ minutes you had before someone called you out on your Hargove mistake (or the one hour, 17 minute-span it took you to correct your mistake) you got to correct your Hargove numbers yesterday? Somewhere in the middle of that time frame would probably work for me.

When I fugg up I admit it and correct my mistakes. That's all I was trying to do. :cry:

Buffalo's run blocking dramatically improved when opposing defenses started dropping 6 or 7 into coverage. Running for 186 versus Cleveland looks nice on paper, but the truth is the Browns knew beating the Bills meant saturating the secondary.

They did run well against a good Jets defense, but in the one moment they should have run, their HC made a brain dead call to negate all their hard work.

Dockery and Walker are very slow. Butler is not very athletic. The center position is a black hole. Peters is their best OL, but didn't play up to his level this year.

Greg Easterbrook pointed out that Buffalo ran 30 out of 31 times (non-scrambles) between the tackles against NE. With that kind of offensive innovation, it may not matter how well the OL blocks. The coaching staff was so predictable that it's hard to run the ball.

I posted my link, which was inaccurate (my mistake was linking from Google and not going straight to the NFL.com site, so I assumed it went to this year's stats and not last year's). I went back and edited both my posts that showed the incorrect information, and even posted that I fugged up.

As for how much time - how about somewhere between the approx 1 1/2 minutes you gave me and the 15+ minutes you had before someone called you out on your Hargove mistake (or the one hour, 17 minute-span it took you to correct your mistake) you got to correct your Hargove numbers yesterday? Somewhere in the middle of that time frame would probably work for me.

When I fugg up I admit it and correct my mistakes. That's all I was trying to do. :worthy:

I'm aware of what happened, and all I said originally was that you posted the wrong season's stats (and yes, I found it funny, in part because you sort of sassed me about my comment that they weren't correct).

The only comment I'll make about my mistake on Hargrove was the difference between 1 sack per 9 games vs. one per 13, the point I made was still valid. The difference in your stat error is that it lead to a conclusion which, from reasonable analysis of the correct stats, can't be made. That is the reason that I commented in the first place.

I'm aware of what happened, and all I said originally was that you posted the wrong season's stats (and yes, I found it funny, in part because you sort of sassed me about my comment that they weren't correct).

The only comment I'll make about my mistake on Hargrove was the difference between 1 sack per 9 games vs. one per 13, the point I made was still valid. The difference in your stat error is that it lead to a conclusion which, from reasonable analysis of the correct stats, can't be made. That is the reason that I commented in the first place.

Just messing with you on that last one. No harm, no foul as far as I'm concerned.

:worthy:

Just thought I would point out a key area of improvement over the last 6 or 7 games of the season, and how the Bills turned one of the worst running attacks in the NFL into one of the better ones...

:worthy: You are talking about improvement in the last 7 games of this season? A 2-5 record. Yeah, look out next year. :P